ImpulZ

Internal testing of the new content update 26/07/2018

Dear Survivors,

I would like to update you on the current state of the first content patch for 0.63 Experimental. As of yesterday we have confirmed that the client freezes are no longer happening and are looking to lock in for a release next week. I would like to also mention that the stabilisation of the content patch has not delayed the rest of the features in development and the content that is being worked on for the next patch. We are very sorry for the unexpected delay and are looking forward to playing with you soon.

Eugen Harton

Edited by ImpulZ
  • Beans 17

So is it fixed or not? If it is fixed, why not run a small 2 hour stress test today? If not, what else is blocking it from releasing?

Or when you say locked for next week, do you mean as in it will arrive on experimental next week and we will have a stress test today?

Jacob

• Like 2

This is a positive news release, dudes. We are eager and keen to get this show on the road.

Edited by TrojanWarriorFTQ

1 hour ago, ImpulZ said:

Great news, but again whats the point of experimental/stress test branch then? Just throw it in stress test atleast so we can try it even offline, but instead you guys have to delay it for next week, even its already been some time.

1 hour ago, Jacob_Mango said:

So is it fixed or not? If it is fixed, why not run a small 2 hour stress test today? If not, what else is blocking it from releasing?

Or when you say locked for next week, do you mean as in it will arrive on experimental next week and we will have a stress test today?

14 minutes ago, exacomvm said:

Great news, but again whats the point of experimental/stress test branch then? Just throw it in stress test atleast so we can try it even offline, but instead you guys have to delay it for next week, even its already been some time.

There won't be a Stress Test today. As there is one more game crash to fix we are not comfortable yet with letting it run over the weekend.

A short term Stress Test does not make sense with this patch as we are looking for long-term feedback and issues.

Again, Stress Tests are for us to gather live data and go straight to fixing them. We are aware that you have been waiting for this patch and can't wait to get your hands on new content, but Stress Tests are NOT for player amusement and teasing features. That part comes with Experimental and Stable.

• Beans 8

17 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

There won't be a Stress Test today. As there is one more game crash to fix we are not comfortable yet with letting it run over the weekend.

A short term Stress Test does not make sense with this patch as we are looking for long-term feedback and issues.

Again, Stress Tests are for us to gather live data and go straight to fixing them. We are aware that you have been waiting for this patch and can't wait to get your hands on new content, but Stress Tests are NOT for player amusement and teasing features. That part comes with Experimental and Stable.

oh ok :(

hopefully that blocker gets fixed 

• Beans 1

Ok, that means there's still plenty of time to get meat / coal / beer and sun cream for the weekend to have a nice BBQ under the open sky ... with open end of course.

Oh yes, memo to me: cut the branches for the sausage.

In the sense, happy weekend to all.

• Beans 1

Maybe some food for the mind impulz?

What features we are getting in next patch?

Goods news! Thanks for the update.

I wish more people understood this bit, especially on /r/dayz

3 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

• Beans 3

@kerbo *waves from the east side of  KC*     

It's not gonna happen there or in these forums. Most people have an irrational sense of entitlement.

• Beans 2

5 hours ago, Vernon_Price said:

Kopo, read the last status report. 

Yes .i just readed the list from reddit.

Best addons are temperatures,diseases and stashes....so do stashes mean tents and barrels too?what about fishing and farming?

11 hours ago, MrSisterFister said:

Great news guys! and don't be sorry! DayZ will come when its ready!

It sure will! Unfortunately it might too late when it does... *cough* SCUM *cough*

18 minutes ago, faith_losing_dayz_fan said:

It sure will! Unfortunately it might too late when it does... *cough* SCUM *cough*

Great comparison, sounds like:

I love apples, but when the pear comes, all will eat only pears, because they are the same fruits.

• Beans 5

18 hours ago, faith_losing_dayz_fan said:

Scum is going to be so bomb , and unfortunately for the zombie scene will most likely have a lot more content than dayz when it drops sometime this August .

I really hope the dayz devs pick up the pace after this stressful ass long ass wait for this one little patch that’s going to put us right back to the amount of content we had a year ago on the old engine -_-.

I doubt SCUM gonna be quality game, probs will be something like h1z1 on steroids.

Btw where's the update? They said next week.

Edited by exacomvm

14 hours ago, exacomvm said:

I doubt SCUM gonna be quality game, probs will be something like h1z1 on steroids.

Btw where's the update? They said next week.

Well it can be today, tomorrow or Thursday. Probably not Friday as it borders the weekend. 

2 hours ago, amadieus said:

Probably not Friday as it borders the weekend. 

Exactly, but this is DayZ, i totally wont get surprised if they gonna post something like "Unfortunately we found another crash issue in the game causing character loss after every logout..." 1month later adds the update with tons of issues/bugs and then it takes another 2 months to fix these issues.

Or being more realistic: The new status report will come ~Thursday including info that the update is about being added and update will show on friday midday - evening.

Edited by exacomvm

5 minutes ago, exacomvm said:

Exactly, but this is DayZ, i totally wont get surprised if they gonna post something like "Unfortunately we found another crash issue in the game causing character loss after every logout..." 1month later adds the update with tons of issues/bugs and then it takes another 2 months to fix these issues.

Or being more realistic: The new status report will come ~Thursday including info that the update is about being added and update will show on friday midday - evening.

It's Status Report Tuesday and yes let's hope we see the new stress test update today aswell.

...or maybe they keep fixing bugs that they create each update and then after few years it's time to make new game engine again and whole cycle begins from the start.

It will come when it comes. There is so much else around us, and it would be very alarming if life is just "waiting for DayZ".

Probably won't be today as they have another play test with new fixes this day. They have more info on the patch with today's SR according to Twitter. Hopefully not a delay

And I have got question: Will be update with content only for Stress Test or for Experimental too? (I think older content from Stress Test which is not still in Experimental.)

Thank you!