Sign in to follow this  
Poolofdeath1337

Any info

Hello , played DayZ on Pc launch years ago back when u could put cases in cases then put those cases in vests the good old days.Was wondering if we will ever hear of any updates for Xbox version of the game it's been a very long time coming 

45 minutes ago, OliverPlotTwist said:

The devs say it will be released this year. When this year? They don't know.

Sounds like why i quit PC after 2k hrs play time:/

Edited by Poolofdeath1337

DayZ is going to launch this year with Xbox Game preview. No idea what releasing the game on Xbox has to do with your "quiting the game after 2k play time" but okay I guess. Tell me, would you rather want to get the full release tommorow, that will be broken and unfinished, or wait few more months to get the full game in your hands? I hear a lot of people crying about the Early Acces state, that is too long, other games came faster, ect ect - But that's not quite right. Other games, like Rust, Ark, Miscreated are made with use of already existing Game Engines - Developers don't need to make the technology from the scratch, so they can focus only on adding their own stuff, even with that, these games took 3-4 years to get released from Early Acces, so nearly 5 years of work with DayZ, where they made both - the game, and the engine is not very long time. If Bohemia would make Enfusion first, then announce that they'll do game called "DayZ" for the first time to the players, then launch the game in Early Acces, but this time the game is already on pre-existing engine, that wouldn''t take that long to actually make it, there is a big difference between all those games and dayZ...

You know why? With Ark, Rust and all the other EA games, we can see the developing of the GAME, with DayZ we can see developing of both, engine and the game it self, which takes time. 

Edited by Vernon_Price

8 minutes ago, Vernon_Price said:

DayZ is going to launch this year with Xbox Game preview. No idea what releasing the game on Xbox has to do with your "quiting the game after 2k play time" but okay I guess. Tell me, would you rather want to get the full release tommorow, that will be broken and unfinished, or wait few more months to get the full game in your hands? I hear a lot of people crying about the Early Acces state, that is too long, other games came faster, ect ect - But that's not quite right. Other games, like Rust, Ark, Miscreated are made with use of already existing Game Engines - Developers don't need to make the technology from the scratch, so they can focus only on adding their own stuff, even with that, these games took 3-4 years to get released from Early Acces, so nearly 5 years of work with DayZ, where they made both - the game, and the engine is not very long time. If Bohemia would make Enfusion first, then announce that they'll do game called "DayZ" for the first time to the players, then launch the game in Early Acces, but this time the game is already on pre-existing engine, that wouldn''t take that long to actually make it, there is a big difference between all those games and dayZ...

You know why? With Ark, Rust and all the other EA games, we can see the developing of the GAME, with DayZ we can see developing of both, engine and the game it self, which takes time. 

I understand time very well again as stated played the game for 2k hrs when it was launched long b4 Dean left the program. Which is why my comment is more then we'll placed as I'm also showing interest to the game now as were still waiting on promises made as the Xbox promise was made years ago as well. I take nothing from bohemia I keep up on watching there updates and patch notes, they have come a long was since the earlier builds the point I was making as it's moving much slower then any game out in preview and we would love further updates for the console side 

- Struggling with BattleEye and Non-BattleEye crashes for nearly month.
- No idea when .63 will hit stable.
- Zombies still not done/fixed.
- Bugs since early stress tests not fixed ( probably )

Clearly DayZ 1.0 will be released this year. I have feeling that .63 will hit stable @ Q1 2019, unless everything goes as expected ( but in game development usually it doesn't ). 

I doubt there will be a xbox release this year. Enjoy all that fog though. Ya'lls view distance is already in the process of being nerfed.

Sign in to follow this