Sign in to follow this  
INomadZ

"You Are Killing A Fresh Spawn!"

5 hours ago, Noire382 said:

Thank you, now the devs will never know what they need to fix.

There is an exploit with the combat mechanics. That's all I'm going to tell because I don't want more people to abuse it. I think the person being killed in the video is referring to this exploit. I made a ticket about it a while ago and they acknowledged the exploit and scheduled it for a fix. Until then, it is best that the majority doesn't know about it.

6 hours ago, Noire382 said:

Thank you, now the devs will never know what they need to fix.

I was going to stop punching when he started saying that but it was too late :P

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, IMT said:

There is an exploit with the combat mechanics. That's all I'm going to tell because I don't want more people to abuse it. I think the person being killed in the video is referring to this exploit. I made a ticket about it a while ago and they acknowledged the exploit and scheduled it for a fix. Until then, it is best that the majority doesn't know about it.

I'd say exploit is not the right word to call or describe it. It's one of the broken elements in the current Experimental version and yes, it should be fixed. Some players are doing it by accident and they have no idea. I was doing it by accident too and wasn't aware of it up until recently. Because I do a lot of melee combat. The food cans also did more damage but now it seems it got fixed a bit, but not completely. About a month ago, players would take less damage, now after couple of patches, players are taking more damage from melee combat. But it's still Experimental and WIP so things may change every patch. It's not exactly the same but best alternative comparison would be like the one where damaged items became pristine when punched. It was in 0.62 and I think that got fixed.

11 hours ago, INomadZ said:

I'd say exploit is not the right word to call or describe it. It's one of the broken elements in the current Experimental version and yes, it should be fixed. Some players are doing it by accident and they have no idea. I was doing it by accident too and wasn't aware of it up until recently. Because I do a lot of melee combat. The food cans also did more damage but now it seems it got fixed a bit, but not completely. About a month ago, players would take less damage, now after couple of patches, players are taking more damage from melee combat. But it's still Experimental and WIP so things may change every patch. It's not exactly the same but best alternative comparison would be like the one where damaged items became pristine when punched. It was in 0.62 and I think that got fixed.

It could be people find out by accident. I stopped using it at the point where I was taking on 6 infected at one time with melee. I never used it on players though but it would suck if you encounter someone who does. Glad they're going to fix this one, hopefully with the next content patch.

It's best not to use these bugs/exploits because you will get used to it and when it gets fixed, you will suddenly get a backlash because you adjusted your playstyle to it.

It's the first time since 2012 I'm taking a break of DayZ... never thought I would, but I am.

Bug/exploits or not, as much as I love DayZ I think the current state of the game is the worst it's ever been.

Really hoping for a turn of tide, soon.

As far as I see it, the current "melee" is the exploit.