SSTV

jumping

don't add jumping to day z. i have always hated jumping in most games i mean think about it how often do you jump irl and when you do its barly any height jumping is just dumb vaulting and hurdling makes much more sense.

The jumping should be automatically disabled imo if you carry too much weight. Having the option wont hurt.

Trucking a 25kg (55lb) Bergen &  all you PLCE & your weapon (& a fire axe??) -  be CAREFUL about "hopping" over fences or going fast (or even slow) down steep slopes, ya know?  IRL that can snap or fracture one or both bones in your lower leg above your ankle, boot or not.  Seen it happen. (same as ice-hockey injury caused by stress or collision, right?)   Not really nice.   -  Maybe injury and stamina should be linked?

• Like 2

Sounds very much like Uups, ouch, heeelp. jumping with wrong / bad or too much gear should put you in danger of injury. Just like jumping out of height, the higher your weight / equipment the higher the impact on injury / risk when landing. It would only be pure logic.

On 20. 7. 2018 at 9:47 PM, SSTV said:

don't add jumping to day z. i have always hated jumping in most games i mean think about it how often do you jump irl and when you do its barly any height jumping is just dumb vaulting and hurdling makes much more sense.

I have to say i do jump from time to time IRL, especially when travelling through heavier terrain or abandoned urban areas.

Imho if they implement jumping in some realistic fashion (i.e. no bunny hopping and similar silliness), theres nothing to worry about.

It would would be nice to be able to get in or out of windows ? 

I know it will never happen

but would be .. nice.

2 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

It would would be nice to be able to get in or out of windows ? 

I know it will never happen

but would be .. nice.

That will come with vaulting and climbing not jumping. They plan on letting you do this on sizable windows.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DannyDog said:

That will come with vaulting and climbing not jumping. They plan on letting you do this on sizable windows.

Windows bigger than you are ?

14 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

Windows bigger than you are ?

The conversation continues in that tweet. Have a read.

• Beans 1

On 7/20/2018 at 2:47 PM, SSTV said:

Well, if you aren't an active person, sitting around playing video games and discussing them on their respective forums, you probably don't jump much.  When I used to go running around in the woods as a kid (and later as a teen and young adult), I did a LOT of jumping.  Jumping over ditches, jumping up onto and off of rocks, hurdling fallen trees, etc.  When you're avoiding paintball fire, it helps to be able to dive over and behind cover, and the same is true of live fire (as well as escaping zombies :p ).  Now, most people can't jump very well, but those who are good at it can do quite a bit with it.  The fact that I cant jump from a loading dock onto the top of a van to engage a horde of zombies is one thing that always bugged me about DayZ.  I welcome a parkour system, so long as they keep it within reason.