remoz

Avoiding boredom in DayZ 0.63

Hello Guys,

i'm player of DayZ since 2013, i waited anxiously the release of 0.63 version, and i notice lot of improvements under various game aspects, but.... after 3-4 weeks of play, i'm getting bored! No more animals, no more vehicles to repair, no base building, reduced crafting capabilities, i'm living, running, roaming over the entire map, but the only thing that can break boredom is an encounter with another player... PvE it's dead?
I think this is the time to release some real improvement like base building, vehicles (not too luxurious, a simple bike maybe a good starting point!), events, heli crashes, animals, hunting, farming... where are all these things?? Some of these has been removed from 0.62...

Having you some tips to avoiding boredom waiting for some new release?

Many thanks,

see you in game guys!

Remoz

• Beans 1

Agreed . Game loop is very stale atm after you get past the initial shock and awe of the awesome new .63 systems . Point is we’ve waited long enough , time to stop being such perfectionists and just give us the next build so we can break it and help the process move along .

not many tips to give except find pvp or wait for the next build unfortunately .

Edited by blackberrygoo

XyUmAVB.jpg

Edited by pilgrim*
fresh and exciting
  • Haha 2
  • Beans 2

I went back to 0.62. I'm keeping the stress test build in a separate folder so I can quickly get the update and jump into stress testing the content patch when it is time. But for actual playing 0.62 is, in all it's clunky glory, far more engaging than experimental. 

For me the turning point was when I realised they have disabled wolves. Wolves (along with cows and deer) were in the earlier stress test builds so I don't understand why they were taken out in experimental. Strange decision, especially since they haven't said anything. The animals must have been causing stability issues or something else that needs fixing, or devs just forgot to reactivate the spawns after a pvp stress test...

52 minutes ago, Beavis3D said:

I went back to 0.62. I'm keeping the stress test build in a separate folder so I can quickly get the update and jump into stress testing the content patch when it is time. But for actual playing 0.62 is, in all it's clunky glory, far more engaging than experimental. 

For me the turning point was when I realised they have disabled wolves. Wolves (along with cows and deer) were in the earlier stress test builds so I don't understand why they were taken out in experimental. Strange decision, especially since they haven't said anything. The animals must have been causing stability issues or something else that needs fixing, or devs just forgot to reactivate the spawns after a pvp stress test...

It's lack of storage items for me. The north is dead in 0.63 without them. 

Edited by Solopopo

I would love some bicycles especially after introducing the Stamina system.  Also exploring these tourist roads with it would be awesome...

But not gonna happen, because there's "more important" things to do. 

Environmental influences, diseases and the possibility of building an improvised tent .... then 0.62 is the past for me, then lets go to 0.63

• Beans 2

I was going to restore order to Elektrozavodsk but nobody answered me on the radio, and then I was killed when I went to grab a package from the doorstep.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, exacomvm said:

I would love some bicycles especially after introducing the Stamina system.  Also exploring these tourist roads with it would be awesome...

But not gonna happen, because there's "more important" things to do. 

Well - shooting bicycle-tourists on "tourist roads" could get pretty important

12 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

Well - shooting bicycle-tourists on "tourist roads" could get pretty important

Still more important than adding "jump" ( not vault ) or "Hidden Stash". 
Imo devs should find the balance between what the game development needs and what players needs. I'ts been like 3years and nothing new was added besides visual stuff, ofcourse there was alot of progress for the game engine etc.

Edited by exacomvm

If game seems boring, don't play it, and you will avoid the negative things like boredom and wasted time.

Then hope for things to change, and thats it, noting else to do with DayZ, just hope for it to get better.

9 hours ago, exacomvm said:

Still more important than adding "jump" ( not vault ) or "Hidden Stash". 
Imo devs should find the balance between what the game development needs and what players needs. I'ts been like 3years and nothing new was added besides visual stuff, ofcourse there was alot of progress for the game engine etc.

3 years? - You mainly a city boy? You never dove your old car clean off a back road in the dark and the rain and had to fight of a pack of wolves with a flint and a pointed stick you made for yourself when thy started howlin'?

• Confused 3

10 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

3 years? - You mainly a city boy? You never dove your old car clean off a back road in the dark and the rain and had to fight of a pack of wolves with a flint and a pointed stick you made for yourself when thy started howlin'?

cacd93d8ce733b152820330f3b76eb15.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, exacomvm said:

..//...
I'ts been like 3years and nothing new was added besides visual stuff
..//..

<<emuthreat reacted (confused)>> .. to my reply.
Sorry emuthreat - I deeply apologist if stuff like wolves, barrels, tanning, spears, cars, etc (and the crafting & all the cooking variations)  and MANY changes and additions to all kinds of stuff -  SCUSE me deeply, if that-all  has NOT happened in the last three years - 2015-2018.

I kind of thought there had been some changes? .. Maybe I'm just plain wrong? - you should know when wolves were added to the game?  What version? - And I know you're a vehicle freak & deep survival fan. Tell me REALLY "nothing changed" in the last three years ??  ("except visual stuff")  Maybe I'm wrong? I guess its mainly changes and updates that would not impress city FPS fans - (like serious rain and that shit,  lol).   You never wrecked your car on a country road and had to fight off wolves with crafted weapons, soaked to the skin?  (And I thought you were a guy who liked cooking with lard).

In case REALLY nothing has happened to the gameplay in the last 3 YEARS, I apologize ABJECTLY to everyone concerned.

xxP

1 hour ago, pilgrim* said:

<<emuthreat reacted (confused)>> .. to my reply.
Sorry emuthreat - I deeply apologist if stuff like wolves, barrels, tanning, spears, cars, etc (and the crafting & all the cooking variations)  and MANY changes and additions to all kinds of stuff -  SCUSE me deeply, if that-all  has NOT happened in the last three years - 2015-2018.

I kind of thought there had been some changes? .. Maybe I'm just plain wrong? - you should know when wolves were added to the game?  What version? - And I know you're a vehicle freak & deep survival fan. Tell me REALLY "nothing changed" in the last three years ??  ("except visual stuff")  Maybe I'm wrong? I guess its mainly changes and updates that would not impress city FPS fans - (like serious rain and that shit,  lol).   You never wrecked your car on a country road and had to fight off wolves with crafted weapons, soaked to the skin?  (And I thought you were a guy who liked cooking with lard).

In case REALLY nothing has happened to the gameplay in the last 3 YEARS, I apologize ABJECTLY to everyone concerned.

xxP

I am not sure what you mean by city boy, irl i was both "redneck" and "city boy", but in-game i like various gameplay styles even being farmer it just depends on the mood.

Yes vehicles was added, but still extremely glitchy and hard to find unless its a complete server reset. They removed more than added ( talking about .62 since .63 is like a fresh start of the game dev ). 
Remember these days when there was rotten food ( in case u dont have normal food u had to use it and later search for cure etc ) or even option to poison food etc trolling other players that way? Every building had loot etc ( for example why on earth they had to remove+reduce loot spawns from every military building making whole NWAF+Tisy empty in .62 even on private hives? )  they got rid of that and replaced with what? Wolves? I've seen the wolves like only 4 times in 300hours of gameplay, thats good to have, but it doesn't make huge impact to the gameplay, unless you want to die faster in the forest.

Talking about .63:
Bicycles/Cars/Helicopters/Crash sites with good loot is a CORE and must have features of DayZ, its shame they're not focusing on it ( atleast they could bring single sedan or something like that with some placeholder animatons and basic physics and revise it later ) I personally miss the part where you have to search for car parts to fix a vehicle or just silently travel w/ bike like in old good dayz mod. However i really love the new animations and especially how much they've improved the overall graphics/map.

If i had to describe mod: Intense zombie apocalypse military pvp shooter/survival with base building, helicopters etc.
If i had to describe .62: Immersive looting for 6 hours and still dont find a mag for ur AK with rare PvP and no vehicles but decent survival.
If i had to describe .63: Immersive do nothing and die miserably simulator ( however doesn't mean i dislike it, it just lacks stuff and its WIP ).
As you can see in these years dayz has less and less things to do, but imo that reached its peak and its going to recover back to the level of Mod + more. 

Edited by exacomvm

9 hours ago, exacomvm said:

I am not sure what you mean by city boy, ..//..

no insult intended - some folk like to hangout in crowded places with streets and big buildings etc.. I'm a backwoods solo type myself.. usually if anyone turns up in mil kit I see them before they see me.. so then I'll probably throw their stuf in a bush and - ya know - eat them

• Beans 1

14 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

LMFAO.  Who gets a car in working order and goes driving around backroads and cliffs without having anything besides a rock and a stick?  I've been to Lopatino in my starter clothes with only a stick and stone, and was questioned and later killed by the group of geared players untrusting of a freshie so far inland; perhaps they figured I was one of their victims from a half-hour earlier, coming back for revenge.  I routinely run to Tisy with nothing but an axe.    Pretty often, I will take a Berezino area spawn and run basically naked through the gauntlet of wolves that stretches from Altar to Dubrovka to Kranso, to Novo.  And sometimes I die from that.  Sometimes I hide in a shed or caravan and get my stabby stick out, or punch them in the face with a stone in hand until one dies at the door and donates me some guts to use for rope. Then I dump my inventory on the ground and run between the wolves speed slashing bushes for arrows, while trying to dodge their BiteyMcBiteFaces. 

But never have I wrecked a car and been caught unprepared by wolves.  Maybe just roll up the windows and take a nap?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Maybe just roll up the windows and take a nap?

0EiaMty.gif

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1