JimmyJennkins

Training required

I find myself trying to get back into Dayz seeing the game being turned now into the relic that it once was, as well as following suit with the dream I have had for the past six years. The mod I loved so much, turned standalone game, is a beautiful land to explore with friends and interact with new players, though more and more I find myself frustrated with my inability to do so. The skill and knowledge required to play Dayz without third party apps (ie. DayzDB) is very high which can be a daunting task for new players to confront without the knowledge to use these apps or just the game knowledge to play the game players can find them self lost in a very unforgiving world. But there is hope an idea or a proposition; a train. How would the train work well simply it would move about coastal cities and towns, but how it is controlled a simple AI told to go from point A,B,C along a designated route, give it the ability to make it up and down the coast in reasonable time make it stop and wait at the train station of every city for some time and have a whistle so players can know it is coming. The problem I see is the camping and premeditated murder of those planning on taking such a ride but with risk of dying comes reward of seeing your friends and having a meaningful game play section. This is the idea I have thought of so that the implementation of complex vehicles could be pushed back so that focus could be diverted elsewhere, let me know what you all think.

Edited by JimmyJennkins

There has been speculation of the possibility of a train in the future since the tracks run the whole perimeter of Chernarus+ now.

If they do add one, I hope it requires parts and player control though. AI operated doesn't fit the game design imo.

I doubt I'd ever get on it though. Sitting ducks. lol

I'd be happy with bicycles.

• Beans 1

At the very least I expect simple hand-powered train cars (a.k.a. "handcar", "velocipede" or "pump-trolley" etc to make it into the game at some point. Maybe as craftable items with some auto parts and scrap metal?

• Beans 1