fosty99

Where is the DayZ population?

Are the majority of DayZ players in standalone or are they playing the mod or a variant of it?
I miss the player interaction of the old DayZ, but now the place is a ghost town.

dont worry.  everyone will return.  the more they add the more people will want to come back for a peak. once they return the game will recaptivate them.  

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

I  dont think that most will return. Many of my friends will never touch it again due the long period nothing happend for the normal player. I always like to excuse the gamedev. but they dont trust dayz anymore. sadly

Edited by aut korea
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 1

dont worry.  everyone will return.  the more they add the more people will want to come back for a peak. once they return the game will recaptivate them.  

Sadly this, it is overly optimistic to expect everyone to return, it simply will not happen, we'd already be lucky to get half the players back and even that is a stretch .

Edited by Ninefingers
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

18 minutes ago, aut korea said:

I  dont think that most will return. Many of my friends will never touch it again due the long period nothing happend for the normal player. I always like to excuse the gamedev. but they dont trust dayz anymore. sadly

What mean ''dont trust''?  Yes development is slow, Yes its buggy, Yes there missing alot of stuff but look on 0.63 exp... at least they fix FPS problem, character animation, stamina... players in pvp dont run anymore like rabbits so PVP become much more better (almoste like in mod), they made nice map and now you cant play with gamma in game options to see clearly at night... Missing just copple things like stability,  transport and caches for awsome gameplay. Latter thay can add guns..  skins.. new map etc but stability,  transport and caches is mine things what people need to play this game.  

Stability - players should be sure that he will not get error message every 10 minets... thing work how they should work and etc 

Transport - running is boaring, some players dont have enough time to play and its mean like his friends playing somwere at NW but he is fresh spawned so he should play alone at leas 1h to meet with them or he die in PVP but his friends survive so thay cant peak him up from coste by car or hely. 

Caches - player should have option to save his extra loot for next time. Player will have motivation to loot and kill people to get more and save stuff.

Yes if they will allow modding and plus DayZ will be on PS4/xbox... Bravisimo! It will be top game on twitch and youtube again. 

• Like 1

I'm playing 0.62 until content patches start coming for 0.63. Tried a few Arma3 mods but to be honest they all feel incredibly limited when you've played the standalone. The lack of melee for one thing drives me nuts, if you run out of bullets all you can do is run...

Hard to believe that people, who have already paid for the game, will not return because of moral standards.

Bwahahaa.

Next time a gift comes in the mail a day late I'm going to send it back with a letter attached telling the sender that I don't trust them anymore.

13 hours ago, fosty99 said:

Are the majority of DayZ players in standalone or are they playing the mod or a variant of it?

I bet a lot of players are waiting on .63 stable.

• Beans 5

7 hours ago, aut korea said:

Dont count your chickens before they hatch.  Your friends may take longer or be more hesitant but everyone who truly loves or loved dayz will be back.  Some during developement some after release.  A finished product will be too much for them to resist.  Besides, anyone who doesnt return will be replaced with new players and console players after release.

• Beans 3

The gamma trick is still a thing. I can alt-tab out and then back in and adjust the brightness slider to be able to see in pitch black. I don't use it because i'm a fan of flashlights/ headlamps etc. but it is still not 100% fixed yet. 

The player base is coming back with every patch, slowly but surely. Even just to check it out and then go back to fork knife to dance the night away. A fair amount of people are on A3 dayz or exile mod variants right now. They will also return because of how janky those mods play, but for now they are waaaaaay more feature complete. 

2 hours ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

Dont count your chickens before they hatch.  Your friends may take longer or be more hesitant but everyone who truly loves or loved dayz will be back.  Some during developement some after release.  A finished product will be too much for them to resist.  Besides, anyone who doesnt return will be replaced with new players and console players after release.

Keep in mind a lot of people have been playing this game for years and years, have thousands of hours played, the likely hood of some older blasé players coming back is there, the likely hood of them sticking around after doing the usual reinstall Dayz Experimental test new update, depends entirely on the devs and them actually delivering on what we have all been waiting for . 

I am one of said players, I have played thousands of hours of Standalone and I always come back to test new patches, that being said nowadays I usually play a week before going back to what other game is my go to, I truly want DayZ to be a success, and as far as I am concerned I had loads of fun playing, still do from time to time, can I sink as much time into the game now? not really, I played on most big PvP servers, I played on RP servers like DayZ RP and Underground, I played on my own private server, I have lone wolfed, played with clans etc etc, and I have even more hours played on the numerous ARMA 2/3 DayZ mods, what I am getting at is a lot of us have played the crap out of this game, and we have seen all there is to see, done most of what there is to do and it will take something truly special from the devs to recapture that magic and make the game feel fresh again .

Will I be there if that happens ? hell yeah, will it hold my attention for another few thousand hours, probably not, maybe with mods? I truthfully do not know .

Edited by Ninefingers
  • Like 1
  • Beans 2

I still pay for an ARMA2 DayZ Epoch server, haven't touched SA in years. Will I come back to SA, most likely, but I'm taking a good long break, so when I dive back in, it can be with fresh eyes and ready to learn new systems. I've been here since early mod alpha, not going anywhere any time soon, just as OrLoK.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

19 minutes ago, roguetrooper said:

They are waiting for Scum.

Hahaha, that gave me a good laugh!

It's nice to see some of the old names popping in again.

Personally I've always been here, kinda like Delbert Grady....

I deserve a cookie for sticking it out through so much of the slow times.

A giant fucking cookie.

N3DVUyH.jpg

• Like 2
  • Beans 2

I doubt it i will play, i do check back to see if its canceled yet. The bugs, constant setbacks are just mind boggling. Oh well at least we funded a new engine right?

Joking aside i hope the best for the project.

This game just needs to hurry up and get to full beta status (helicopters , soft skills , barricading , base building , lots more zombies and more fine tuned) and then we can all enjoy it again . Right now the game is truly waning on those besides the utmost obsessed .

we need to kill this running simulator of very limited loot and zombies (once again) phasing through certain doors and walls , and resurrect the vision we all had of dayz so long ago ; a post apocalyptic world filled with helicopters , home made bases and barricades — where you can do almost anything and be anyone with specific skills just by practicing said skills , coupled with intelligent and scary zombies that pose a threat enough to want to work with strangers to survive ...

We need Dayz Stand-alone to finish , because right now it’s just an ugly Frankenstein of incomplete systems just tantalizing us all of what COULD be in the future . 

Its our game , and we want it NOW !

Edited by blackberrygoo
  • Beans 1

Dayz population is pretty much like the devs, doing their own thing. Some are still playing regularly, some are just waiting until the next patch and so on. Let's just not overthink things along the way.

Wake me up when they add the ability to craft a hoagie from scratch.

• Beans 1

18 hours ago, TheCreeper (DayZ) said:

I've been here since early mod alpha, not going anywhere any time soon, just as OrLoK.

I'm still here too!

I still lurk around the forums to see if anything's going on. Always sad to see there's a lot less activity than the days (or DayZ) of old. I haven't played the SA or mod in a very long time, but I hope someday i'll be able to bring myself to get back into it, I miss it very much after all.

• Beans 1

On 12.7.2018 at 8:40 AM, aut korea said:

Your friends need to realize that there isn't supposed to be happening anything for the normal player. People who CHOOSE to play the game at the moment should understand that there isn't much to do other than testing the new iterations.

We can analyze your friends logic a little bit.

Someone tells you that he's going to give you 1 million dollar worth of gold for 20$ but the catch is that you have to wait for it for an undefined time period because they need to mine it and melt it into bars. Meanwhile you can go and check out the process but you can't have any of the bars yet. Then suddenly after a while you decide that you've lost your trust for the gold bar makers and you are not going to accept the gold bars when they are finished. Even if it's all there.

I find it very hard to see any logic in that. If you can't have it now, you will never take it.

• Beans 2

2 hours ago, Rikarue said:

I'm still here too!

I still lurk around the forums to see if anything's going on. Always sad to see there's a lot less activity than the days (or DayZ) of old. I haven't played the SA or mod in a very long time, but I hope someday i'll be able to bring myself to get back into it, I miss it very much after all.

Good to see you still lurking around. Spoon. Like I said, I pay for an Epoch server if you ever wanna hop on and check it out, I'll give you the details

I'm still here, waiting patiently, occasionally playing a few hours, checking the forum almost daily. Although part of me feels disappointed about progress I still have faith this will be a platform for many iterations. I am actually mentally prepared it may take another 2 years from today for the game to get into full swing.

• Beans 2

On 7/12/2018 at 3:10 AM, Beavis3D said:

I'm playing 0.62 until content patches start coming for 0.63. Tried a few Arma3 mods but to be honest they all feel incredibly limited when you've played the standalone. The lack of melee for one thing drives me nuts, if you run out of bullets all you can do is run...

I think you’re legit the only person playing .62 still 

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, blackberrygoo said:

I think you’re legit the only person playing .62 still 

Well I did play experimental a lot, explored map changes and tested this and that. Once it dawned on me that they even took out the wolves and cows, who spawned in the earlier stress test builds, I went back to 0.62. There's so much more depth to it, clunky or not.

I'd forgotten all about the bad module crashes though. Hate them.