Sign in to follow this  
LuxCapere

Current Experimental Patch 0.63

Hi all, 

This thread is going to be about some of my thoughts and opinions regarding the current state of Dayz. I am going to try and keep things short and to the point. 

1. If you have it, and it is buggy but stable, push it out anyways (referring to the content that has been removed from 0.63). There is far too little to do in game. Sorry, but 0.62 isn't enough and current 0.63 is just about spawning and killing, and repeating the cycle. It seems like Dayz has been reverted back to its earliest patches where content was scarce. Sometime I wonder if you guys are just stalling to make time to bring Dayz 2 to the market so you can get players to pony up more money. Just a feeling, not an accusation...

2. WHERE DID THE HANDS UP AND HANDCUFF/TIE UP hostage taking stuff go? This was essential to basic roleplaying and player interaction in the game. This needs to be a priority #1 along with getting back basic player bases (tents and barrels). 

3. Since you guys seem to be stuck in a developmental rut, perhaps it is time to get serious about building a modding community for DAYZ. More content can never hurt...

These have been my gripes and moans. Been playing since 2014/15. I am disappointed like everyone else. But I am also optimistic about what DAYZ can be in the meantime (the time between you guys spinning your wheels and pushing out a half-*ssed DAYZ 2) 

Cheers m8. <3 :p 

Anyone else, feel free to add more stuff we used to have in previous patches that has been removed that you would like to see back ASAP. Maybe if someone pushes hard enough, DAYZ will lurch out of its cavernous sinkhole. Just a hope. Just a dream. Definitely a meme...

• Haha 1

1. You do know that mechanics, items, and features have to be added back into the game because the core of the game, the engine, was reworked?  right?

2.  Unconsciousness and player restraints are coming soon.  They are related and are currently being worked on.  This is a high priority item.

3.  The devs are excited to see modding and what the community can do with it.  Unfortunately, DayZ is not in a state where it's practical to release modding tools.  

11 hours ago, LuxCapere said:

I am disappointed like everyone else.

Speak for yourself.  Not everyone is disappointed.

11 hours ago, LuxCapere said:

Sometime I wonder if you guys are just stalling to make time to bring Dayz 2 to the market so you can get players to pony up more money.

No.  Bohemia Interactive is a legitimate business.  It's a smaller company without unlimited resources, made up of regular people.  This company no doubt thoroughly realizes that finishing their product is much more profitable than 'stalling'.  Just because the company isn't totally transparent (no company is) doesn't mean that they're lazy.

Honestly, it's hard to understand how your other post on these forums asks to completely re-do the map and central economy then followed by this one which sort of asks the devs to 'hurry up.' 

good luck.  :)

• Beans 4

13 hours ago, LuxCapere said:

I am disappointed like everyone else

- Not

Edited by pilgrim*
~
  • Beans 3

4 hours ago, Parazight said:

Honestly, it's hard to understand how your other post on these forums asks to completely re-do the map and central economy then followed by this one which sort of asks the devs to 'hurry up.' 

good luck.  :)

This post was about the devs not doing anything. The other was about what they SHOULD do. I made that clear. Thanks though. 

Retexturing assets doesn't take five years. Scripting in the Arma engine doesn't take five years. Even 3D modelling doesn't take that long. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying they should hurry up, I am saying they should do something. 

16 hours ago, LuxCapere said:

Definitely a meme...

Yeah, well it's disappointing for everyone, if you talk about a finished 1.0 product getting stripped out of the announced and planned features.

Here are my couple of thoughts:

This is not a finished product. What you had before (stable 0.5x or 0.6x) and you don't have now (experimental 0.63) is a matter of developing process of making a game according to some vision of the game, at the same time trying to keep the visual/audio representation up to date. Also, you haven't been actually playing all this time. You are merely participating in an early access phase of a game in development. Some could get the best out of it and have real good fun even then, and also make some outstanding and funny video clips.

Modding communities are built independently from a developer, as far as I understand it. Claiming that Dayz development is about Arma engine scripting that took five years, and then comparing it to 3D modelling is _____________. The graphics and scenery changes from 2014 compared to now are awesome. I'd also like to see some updated and more detailed and darker interiors, but we'll see what this new Enfusion engine is capable of. Check out this reddit page.

Another big part of development in any online game is bug squishing and shutting down the cheating/hacking loopholes.

Edited by cirkular
  • Like 1

*hugs knees, rocks back and forth, and mutters to self*

"Never leave the build threads. Never leave the build threads. Never leave the build threads...."

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣

47 minutes ago, LuxCapere said:

This post was about the devs not doing anything. The other was about what they SHOULD do. I made that clear. Thanks though. 

Retexturing assets doesn't take five years. Scripting in the Arma engine doesn't take five years. Even 3D modelling doesn't take that long. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying they should hurry up, I am saying they should do something. 

So, you're inferring that the company isn't doing anything?  That's absurd.

Scripting in the Arma engine doesn't take five years, huh? Clearly you haven't been following game development progression here at all.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

2 hours ago, Parazight said:

So, you're inferring that the company isn't doing anything?  That's absurd.

Scripting in the Arma engine doesn't take five years, huh? Clearly you haven't been following game development progression here at all.

What progression?

8 hours ago, LuxCapere said:

How long have you been working for this kind of company, on this kind of game ?  

your first comment:

<< If you have it, and it is buggy but stable, push it out anyways  >>

hmmm.. so that's your philosophy ?

In YOUR games company (or sub-company, sub-contractor, whatever), how does your team KNOW that your work is "stable" but "buggy" ? - and WHY do you "shove it out to the players anyway" (quick turnover, maximize profits, sell Game One today, have Game II ready to go,  sell add-on content, sell upgrades?). 

Why not have an "experimental" and a "feedback" for players who really take an interest in the game itself?    We have ballistic experts, and survivalists, and skilled modders, and fun players, and FPS connoisseurs, and technical experts and programmers, people who work in the industry -  RIGHT HERE - and BI gets their input. 

That's a VERY GOOD way to go, for a "small" company that has NOT been absorbed by the mega-giants - The giants aim for the Lowest Common denominator, because "average player" = biggest worldwide market, and they aim for FAST turnover. Sell NOW, and have the NEXT ready to go. And they deliberately buy up and close down the competition. They don't LIKE alternatives.

(only a VERY FEW of those 'small' companies left these days).

BI work on their products for years and years, and years and years ..and every change, and every bug ironed, and every trial, and every suggestion included, and every alteration = NO CHARGE.  What's the philosophy behind that and why do they bother? 

Say ...  you don't work for Sony or Apple do you?  - where 0.63 would be 1.0.6.3

Perhaps 6.3 should be DLC ?? BI can CALL DayZ  <COMPLETE>  any time they want, and then SELL upgrades. Hell, they can go for micro-transactions, even

But..