Mitzleplix

Issues with mouse control in .63

Hello All.

I'm a bit new here and finally got around to loading the "experimental" version on Steam. The only issue is now when I try to play, my mouse no longer "directs" my character so-to-speak. I used to just use the arrow keys for up, down, strafe left and strafe right and, much like with Warcraft, moving the mouse would, essentially, move my body in the direction I wanted to go. Now, moving the mouse gives me a 360 degree 3rd person rotation around my character. Essentially, it is now impossible for me to move my character. Not sure how this happened or how to fix it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks---

• Beans 1

Hi and welcome,

Try tapping the ALT key once.  In .63 Experimental and Stress Test you start off in free-look mode.  You may simply be looking around as opposed to directing your character.   Try jumping onto a third person server and using ENTER to switch into third-person view this way you'll have a visual as to how free-look is behaving.  Also, try holding down ALT to see how that behaves, alternative between modes.  There's also the possibility that your free-look binds have messed up a little, that might be something to look into if the above doesn't help.

Edited by GaryWalnuts
stuff
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

Hey GW.

Gahhh!!! That did it! You are a lifesaver for a somewhat retarded 49 year old computer user. Works like a charm. Of course now the other issue is that often my BattleEye launcher gives me the "failed to launch" error and then I go to Blue Screen. I'm kinda getting around it by launching directly from the "Dayz_64.exe" file and it works, but its still a pain and often it deletes all the game files and I have to reinstall everything (done this like 5 times already - also deleted The Forest multiple times!). I wonder if my daughters Discord account may be screwing up the launch? Anyhoo, thanks. I think I bought Dayz 4-5 years ago for like 19.99 on sale and although its buggy as hell and can be a bit ponderous, I think when/if this thing finally releases, its gonna change the landscape of open world games,.

• Like 2

Glad it worked!  And fyi, some players have reported having problems with discord overlay and dayz.  I don't use it so I can't really elaborate.