Sign in to follow this  
Wingfan

New player

Started playing this game a few days ago (experimental) and having fun, but cant find anyone to run with or guide me.

If anyone would like to help it would be greatly appreiciated.

Thanks.

As much as I would love to play with you, I just kinda prefer to play with my close friends only. BUT! If you have ANY questions related to the game, feel free to ask me here, i'll try to help as much as I can. :-) 

Thanks for the reply. I have 2 characters well geared (or so i think). What is next? keep moving from town to town looting or try and fight? 
Is there a list of all weapons and gear in this game? here is my 1 Character 
 https://imgur.com/a/zfirJZq

Right now I cannot tell you what to do, beside trying to interact with people. Try to get into your character, become it - and I promise you, you'll enjoy the game much longer. 

This has to be enough for you for now, at lest till base building gets in - So you can actually save your gear somewhere on the map and protect it, make a community ect. 

For now, just try to get some joy from other people on the map, but be careful, DayZ world is full of bandits and traitors! ^_^ 

About guns and gear, there is an official wikipedia https://dayz.gamepedia.com/DayZ_Standalone_Wiki <===  Here. I cannot promise that its actuall, but for now there is no other source with all of the gear in game. 

Keep in mind that there is a limited amount of this stuff in the current 0.63 experimental version, but it will get better. :)

In the current version we have (From what I can remember) - AKM, IZH Rifle, SVD, MP5, UMP,  Scorpion,  FNX pistol, Makarov and CR75. With the next big content patch that's (From what I think) its going to be on the stress test branch next week they'll add Mosin and m4

I hope i helped somehow. :-) 

Edited by Vernon_Price

The last people i ran in to didnt go very well. I was telling them i was passing through looting. Was good for about 30 sec and then they came at me, didnt end well for them. 

Now im very careful when running around, ill hide first and observe.

Arent there hand jestures? with the F1-F9 keys? doesnt seem to be working for me

Carring a lot of stuff really lessens the stamina, i have an AKM with no clip that im carrying around in case i find a clip. But thats gotta be a lot of useless weight.

Hand gestures do work normally, so be sure that you haven't done anything with the keybinds, cos they are a little bit bugged at this moment. Just set it to default. 

About weight, yea... as much as for some items it needs to be balanced, that you still have to think carefully what are you gonna take, and what not.