Sign in to follow this  
Solopopo

A Serious Problem

DayZ is causing some people to experience "blue screen of death" memory crashes upon launch. I have experienced six myself. I have run memory diagnostics on my system and everything is working fine. I have posted about this on the feedback tracker and on Reddit and have been able to confirm others are experiencing this too. My post in the feedback tracker currently has no one assigned to it, and I fear it may be getting overlooked. It seems like this could be a serious problem. 

Edited by Solopopo

I do not think this is exclusive to DayZ. The recent windows 10 update "april 1803" has actually given me random BSOD's after not having them for almost 1 and a half year since i bought a new motherboard + cpu. Though as far as i'm aware the devs said they're aware of people BSODing when trying to connect to a server. D:

Yeah, this started happening to 0.62 recently and that hasn't been patched in ages right? Windows updates did cause the "Bad module" crashes so it's not that far fetched to think these blue screen crashes are also windoze related. If so I hope M$ get it sorted asap.

31 minutes ago, Beavis3D said:

Yeah, this started happening to 0.62 recently and that hasn't been patched in ages right? Windows updates did cause the "Bad module" crashes so it's not that far fetched to think these blue screen crashes are also windoze related. If so I hope M$ get it sorted asap.

Definitely. Really wish i could roll back because I recently opened up BF1 again with my new cpu and it's choppy as af and seriously unplayable. On launch i had smoother frames. It's so sad to see how badly windows 10 is screwing gamers.

On Wednesday, July 04, 2018 at 3:29 AM, DannyDog said:

I do not think this is exclusive to DayZ. The recent windows 10 update "april 1803" has actually given me random BSOD's after not having them for almost 1 and a half year since i bought a new motherboard + cpu. Though as far as i'm aware the devs said they're aware of people BSODing when trying to connect to a server. D:

Well it isnt exclusive to Windows 10, that's for sure. I use Windows 7. Both windows 7 and 10 systems are experiencing this. I have found well over a dozen people experiencing these crashes and there is actually an active thread on Reddit about it right now. This is nothing to make light of. It is DayZ causing these crashes. Only launching DayZ causes it. 

Seriously people, wake up to this problem. I for one am not launching DayZ again until this issue is resolved. DayZ is not safe to launch at the moment. That is the reality of the situation. There are too many coincidences for this to not be a DayZ exclusive problem. My computer has never crashed before this. Many people have experienced the same. They are all crashing when launching DayZ and only DayZ.

Arma 3 had a similar memory bug that would cause bsod. All evidence is screaming DayZ. Even if it is a "steam problem" as some people have suggested, that makes it a DayZ problem too because it is necessary for DayZ to be compatible with steam like the thousands of other steam games are without difficulty. It needs to be resolved. 

Edited by Solopopo
  • Sad 1

On Wednesday, July 04, 2018 at 6:38 AM, DannyDog said:

Definitely. Really wish i could roll back because I recently opened up BF1 again with my new cpu and it's choppy as af and seriously unplayable. On launch i had smoother frames. It's so sad to see how badly windows 10 is screwing gamers.

I am not a fan of Windows 10 for many reasons, but I think it is absurd that you would blame Microsoft before BI. 

No offense or anything, devs. 

Edited by Solopopo

I am disgusted by this. Crashing a computer with bad code is where I draw the line. I once had faith, then lost it, regained it, and now it's gone again. They aren't even acknowledging this issue. I don't trust the DayZ developers to make a game that won't harm my computer, and more people will come to this same conclusion as the game continues to crash systems. This is about the final straw for me I think. Unless they acknowledge this issue in a major way in the next few weeks, I'm never launching DayZ again. Client crashing is of course acceptable for an alpha, but computer crashing in never acceptable in any circumstances. This is a problem that is not covered by the alpha disclaimer, and I justifiable have zero tolerance for it. There is no excuse for this whatsoever. Shame on you guys, seriously. 

Edited by Solopopo

4 hours ago, Solopopo said:

I am disgusted by this. Crashing a computer with bad code is where I draw the line. I once had faith, then lost it, regained it, and now it's gone again. They aren't even acknowledging this issue. I don't trust the DayZ developers to make a game that won't harm my computer, and more people will come to this same conclusion as the game continues to crash systems. This is about the final straw for me I think. Unless they acknowledge this issue in a major way in the next few weeks, I'm never launching DayZ again. Client crashing is of course acceptable for an alpha, but computer crashing in never acceptable in any circumstances. This is a problem that is not covered by the alpha disclaimer, and I justifiable have zero tolerance for it. There is no excuse for this whatsoever.

So because you guys know nothing about computers it's DayZ's developers fault?  Riiiiight.  Get a clue.  Maybe post on the Microsoft forums and get a solution there.  Btw, I use windows 10, zero issues.  It's definitely on you.

Edited by Guy Smiley

28 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

So because you guys no nothing about computers it's DayZ's developers fault?  Riiiiight.  Get a clue.  Maybe post on the Microsoft forums and get a solution there.  Btw, I use windows 10, zero issues.  It's definitely on you.

99.9 percent of steam games launch without crashing computers. It's not any of our jobs to understand why this is happening. However, it is incumbent on the devs to ensure it doesn't. 

I am not posting about this so I can stop crashing dude, I'm posting for the sake of DayZ. I know how to launch the game in such a way that it won't crash, but it shouldn't be crashing to begin with. It suggests that there is a serious problem that needs to be addressed. 

Explain with your expertise why this is happening please (that's your queue too devs, if you're listening).

Edited by Solopopo
  • Like 1

On 7/5/2018 at 2:41 PM, Solopopo said:

No offense or anything, devs

26 minutes ago, Solopopo said:

This is about the final straw for me I think

26 minutes ago, Solopopo said:

Shame on you guys, seriously

If that's how you feel, please uninstall DayZ and don't come back.

How will you feel once this is fixed and features start being implemented?

Are you going to come back acting like you never disparaged the developers?

• Beans 1

22 minutes ago, Solopopo said:

99.9 percent of steam games launch without crashing computers. It's not any of our jobs to understand why this is happening. However, it is incumbent on the devs to ensure it doesn't. 

Explain with your expertise why this is happening please (that's your queue too devs, if you're listening).

You have a computer problem, not a game problem.  Get that thru your head.  Go post on the Microsoft forums

Just now, Guy Smiley said:

You have a computer problem, not a game problem.  Get that thru your head.  Go post on the Microsoft forums

Dude, you are insufferable. I built this computer. There is nothing wrong with it. I would know. It works 100 percent of the time in all applications except recently DayZ, like other people. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Solopopo said:

Dude, you are insufferable. I built this computer. There is nothing wrong with it. I would know. It works 100 percent of the time in all applications except recently DayZ, like other people. 

Go bitch on the steam forums then.  it did uninstall steam right?  Oh but that's DayZ's fault too right?  Again, I use windows 10, zero fucking issues,.  It's a you and the small number of people who can't seem to keep their computers up to date having issues.

Also, use the proper section and not general discussions https://forums.dayz.com/forum/126-troubleshooting/

Edited by Guy Smiley

Just now, Guy Smiley said:

Go bitch on the steam forums then.  it did uninstall steam right?  Oh but that's DayZ's fault too right?  Again, I use windows 10, zero fucking issues,.  It's a you and the small number of people who can't seem to keep their computers up to date having issues.

Your discourse is childish. Windows and Steam may have their own faults, but it is the responsibility of developers to work around these to produce something that works. 

I am not simply complaining about my crashing. I am trying to bring to light a serious issue. Calm down. You are embarrassingly butthurt over this. 

1 minute ago, Solopopo said:

Your discourse is childish. Windows and Steam may have their own faults, but it is the responsibility of developers to work around these to produce something that works. 

I am not simply complaining about my crashing. I am trying to bring to light a serious issue. Calm down. You are embarrassingly butthurt over this. 

Am I ranting in a general discussion forum for a game about a computer problem?  Nope.  Again, use the proper section and someone will be able to point you in the right direction https://forums.dayz.com/forum/126-troubleshooting/

• Beans 1

16 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

Am I ranting in a general discussion forum for a game about a computer problem?  Nope.  Again, use the proper section and someone will be able to point you in the right direction https://forums.dayz.com/forum/126-troubleshooting/

I am not in need of help you dolt! You are literally taking every single word the wrong way. I know how to launch the game in such a way that it won't crash because I've been reading around on this issue. I seem to be the only one doing so, which is my reason for posting this in the first place. I am still not convinced DayZ is safe to play, and even if I did feel that it was safe, I still wouldn't be playing it right now. 

Also, why do you keep saying "i use windows 10"? What does that have to do with anything? I use windows 7. Both windows 7 and 10 systems have been crashing. If you knew anything about computers at all you would know that different hardware and software configurations can contribute to unique problems on some systems, and that it is the responsibility of developers to patch these issues, sometimes as a collaborative effort between companies. 

I am done doing whatever it is that this was with you. I'm not responding to your toxic nonsense anymore. Keep bumping for awareness if you wish. 

Edited by Solopopo

@Solopopo

Seriously, the Troubleshooting section and Feedback tracker are there for a reason, and are the places to go for these issues so the devs can properly identify it as their product's issue and address it properly. Software, compatibility and standards in general are a real bitch most of the times. Starting a discussion here or reddit or anywhere else, suggests that you want to start a riot on Dayz devs, not their help, that's all.

1 hour ago, Guy Smiley said:

Awww, you're adorable.  Resorting to name calling *blush*.  https://forums.dayz.com/forum/126-troubleshooting/  <------ Use this section

Your posts come off as very hostile.  Mind boggling that you can't see this.  You're throwing out insults and then chastising people who react.

You've linked the troubleshooting section no less than three times now in this thread.  There are threads on these forums that are misplaced all the time.  Why are you so adamant here and not anywhere else?

Multiple people all of sudden getting BSOD who use DayZ who normally don't have problems.   Gamers on this forum and other sites start reporting this problem at the same time.  Simple reasoning points the finger at DayZ.  It's not the responsibility of every consumer to know the fine details of computer hardware and programming, and be able to troubleshoot it.   It's on the publishers of software/hardware to make sure their products perform.  He's facing this problem with both Win7 and Win10.  He's posted on the feedback tracker without getting any type of response.  The feedback tracker is a totally reasonable place to address this issue.

9 minutes ago, Parazight said:

Your posts come off as very hostile.  Mind boggling that you can't see this.  You're throwing out insults and then chastising people who react.

You've linked the troubleshooting section no less than three times now in this thread.  There are threads on these forums that are misplaced all the time.  Why are you so adamant here and not anywhere else?

Multiple people all of sudden getting BSOD who use DayZ who normally don't have problems.   Gamers on this forum and other sites start reporting this problem at the same time.  Simple reasoning points the finger at DayZ.  It's not the responsibility of every consumer to know the fine details of computer hardware and programming, and be able to troubleshoot it.   It's on the publishers of software/hardware to make sure their products perform.  He's facing this problem with both Win7 and Win10.  He's posted on the feedback tracker without getting any type of response.  The feedback tracker is a totally reasonable place to address this issue.

Did I hurt your feelings?  I am so sorry.  Attacking the developers and blaming them for his lack of knowledge on how to use his computer is ridiculous.  You are right tho, multiple, maybe a dozen or so, people are getting BSOD but not just from DayZ.  And the feedback tracker is for "DayZ" not windows 

Honestly, your trolling skills have a lot of room for improvement.

• Beans 1

i dont see it as trolling.  he is responding in agrivation to the op which is rediculously childishly written.  if he was posting for knowledge or to make people aware then it woupdnt be such a whiny "fix it or ill never load it again!!! aknowledge this right now i command it!!!!" post.  im guesaing he is a fan of dayz and is passionate about the game and is tired of reading 8000000 posts a day that all say "waaaaah! why isnt developement of a huge game and a completely new engine instant?"  or "i just had to reboot my computer with no damage to it whatsoever, THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!" 

they have limited time in a day and have limited staff/programmers.  they do check the feedback tracker and are resolving issues as they get to them.  have patience and it will all come together.

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

Did I hurt your feelings?  I am so sorry.  Attacking the developers and blaming them for his lack of knowledge on how to use his computer is ridiculous.  You are right tho, multiple, maybe a dozen or so, people are getting BSOD but not just from DayZ.  And the feedback tracker is for "DayZ" not windows 

Dang bro, gettin a little rowdy there, ain't ya?  Are you sure those glasses are still working right?  Maybe you need some bubblegum to distract you?  I think all of the asses have reached their having been kicked quota for now.  Thanks.

• Haha 2
  • Beans 1

O_O

This is what i mean by things starting out fine then turning into a shitfest on this forum.

@Solopopo I completely agree that i shouldn't take responsibility off BI. But i cannot help but sympathize when sometimes issues can be a cause of things that are completely out of your control. All you can do is figure out a way to create a workaround with your own software. (Many times i've had this issue happen to me in projects where things kept breaking after updates) Now that these issues have appeared out of nowhere that's a lot of work and effort taken off of creating content patches that the community is begging for. In terms of those errors you posted about dayz uninstalling itself. That is not exclusive to DayZ. If you do a little research you'll notice its actually a steam issue and the game just stops being shown as "installed" in your library even tho its still on your harddrive.

• Beans 1

We've been in contact with BattlEye regarding this issue and will have a BE update today which we expect to fix it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 3

Props to the devs for responding to appropriately placed issues and fixing DayZ.  Time to fire it back up. The feedback tracker really does work, guys!!!

14 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

Really now.

Mental note, ask Guy Smiley for computer advice never.

• Beans 1