G3t0nMyLvll

Which is a better experience? Expermintal or stable?

Hey everyone i am new and was wondering which server would be best to play on, expermiental or stable for a beginner. which has more gameplay features, which would would provide me with the authentic DayZ Experience? Thanks

Since it's all new to you I would pick stable for content. 

Okay, Thank you, But it seems not alot of people play .62 anymore, and im an online savvy kind of person. I like meeting up with other people and all i see is low pop .62 servers.

Wow, that was some piss poor advice.  Use the experimental as the stable branch is obsolete and is not even close to what the gameplay is going to be like.  Keep in mind that the experimental is missing a lot of features right now and this is not a complete game.

56 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

Wow, that was some piss poor advice.  Use the experimental as the stable branch is obsolete and is not even close to what the gameplay is going to be like.  Keep in mind that the experimental is missing a lot of features right now and this is not a complete game.

Who cares what the game is going to be like at some undetermined point in the future? It's not like 0.63 is going stable tomorrow.

Have fun finding the same 5 weapons over and over again while dying of dehydration before you get far enough to learn the map.

I'm playing experimental because it's new to me, not because it's the best place to find interesting loot or build any sort of long-term character.

Yeah, when 0.63 drops the game will change. And... it can be learned then. No one needs to prepare for it, because worst case, they'll die a few times while they have fun learning new mechanics. Just like they would now.

And furthermore, playing stable now you get to compare changes before/after.

The point about server population is a good one, I haven't kept track of how the stable servers are doing.

The experimental was the where i started to play standalone again. I learned the map and how to survive from dehydration very quickly. It is not that hard. I recommend the .63 though it has few amount of weapons.

.63 is a blast, i switched over to .62 today and couldnt bring myself to play it.. Switched back to .63 lol

On 4/7/2018 at 3:29 AM, Guy Smiley said:

Wow, that was some piss poor advice. 

Don't think so. Even with bugs and all, that version has more entertaining contents for a new player and it's less of a harsh experience. Idk about player counts though, not joining .62 since a bit.

OP try both, if you have a decent connection you can get the thing downloaded in a couple of hours

For a total new player, one can argue that 0.63 would be more simple experience.
About 0.63 not going stable in near future, well isn’t that the plan?
Personalty I play both, depending on my temperament that day :)

Edited by mugost

0.63 as it is right now is extremely boring... barely anybody is playing. Content is minimal. You survive the first 30 minutes then head up north west, gear up and that is it... not much else to do. You can target practice with zombies... they are almost harmless LOL

In short...

0.62 Stable:

Pros: Em... it's stable? I suppose?
Cons: Pretty much everything else.

0.63 Exp:

Pros: It's the best state DayZ SA has been in since... ever!
Cons: Possible character/server wipes as new stuff is being added... and it is being added.

If I had to advise anyone it would be to avoid 62 stable. DayZ as a game is going to annoy you. Amaze and excite you too, but definitely annoy you. If you are to get annoyed, at least do so by the evolving world and not the one that'll be consigned to history very shortly.

you should start in .62 just so you can experience the magic of going from .62 to .63.  play .62 till they addmore content and then it will be an even more epic moment to switch.