Sign in to follow this  

Stress-Test forever?

1sSQCna.jpg

I have been playing DayZ since 2013. Until today I have always thought, it will be finished! But now the faith path is finally broken. I can not believe it will ever finish. We're in Stress Test # 31 and they're still the same issues. What's going on there? If it does not work,then stop the project please. I am the only one who thinks so? What do you think about this development? And yes, i feel upset!

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, WhiteWalker1 said:

1sSQCna.jpg

I have been playing DayZ since 2013. Until today I have always thought, it will be finished! But now the faith path is finally broken. I can not believe it will ever finish. We're in Stress Test # 31 and they're still the same issues. What's going on there? If it does not work,then stop the project please. I am the only one who thinks so? What do you think about this development?

Same.

This is even worse than before. The devs don't know how to communicate to a community, neither how to present an actual game. And I love DayZ, playing nearly every evening 0.62.

2 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

That's a dramatic font.

That are dramatic 980 posts. Are you okay? Do you need a doctor or something?

That's the problem. The new Members think they are here at EA or Ubisoft. I think we are just being fooled. Do you know the meaning of stable? Stable is something that works. And your stable servers are a joke. Everyday Hackers, Glitchers, Lags, Bugs ....

9 minutes ago, walnussbaum said:

That are dramatic 980 posts. Are you okay? Do you need a doctor or something?

No I'm fine but thank you for asking.   Can I interest you in any cheese?

• Haha 1
  • Beans 3

Well now it's clear why it's called a stress test. Look, just don't get stressed out. OK?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cirkular said:

Well now it's clear why it's called a stress test. Look, just don't get stressed out. OK?

That is not the problem. The problems are the over 30 stress tests for just the first exp version of beta. How many do you think will come later? For every system they activate. Following by this, no beta this year. 

Edited by walnussbaum

The faith path is broken.  The friendship garden has been trampled.  The trust rope has become unraveled.  The patience T-shirt is now frayed and soiled with grape soda.  Doomsday is coming.  The halfway house at the state fair only serves up battered women who don't go all the way.  ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!  

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

Be patient, the way will end.

With a bit of imagination we will end up with stress test # 63 ... why 63? yes think it's the launch of 0.63 ... oh wait ... x100 ... well then it will be stress test # 630 .... it's a lot but it's the horizon .... and no,

I'm not taking any drugs.

• Beans 1

11 hours ago, walnussbaum said:

That is not the problem. The problems are the over 30 stress tests for just the first exp version of beta. How many do you think will come later? For every system they activate. Following by this, no beta this year. 

Why is there even a need to predict things? Will you play it soon or by the end of this year or not?

To answer the question, no I don't think it'll be that much stress tests in the following builds and will be out this year. The 0.63 experimental version is out. It's the first version with the new engine and just some of the implementatinos. The more shit we point out to them properly on the feedback, the better and quicker to go stable. Every time. So upon finishing what's to be done with this experimental, the 0.63 stable is the beta you're talking about.

Pointing out your predictions and speculations is not what anyone reasonable here is looking for. Hence the lame and funny answers we post. Because we're tired of discouragement like this post of yours. Some took it to the next level and damaged the reputation of the company severely. They went on with it without any consequences. But it's company just in the foreground. It's people in the background. But you know what? Bad word travels fast as we've seen and some of us want to explain why we are patient. Take your other favorite game you enjoyed or you enjoy now, and imagine to be in the same step of the development process before it was even out for the players to get.

What Bohemia did with this Dayz early access is quite different to what would some big studios and publishers out there would do. You get to see and understand all the frustration and problems showing up with the development of a single game. Manage the anxiety. If you point your attention to some other games, and they overshadow what Dayz becomes, very well and it's not your fault and you shouldn't feel bad about it. It's the price the developer pays. I'm sure you like Dayz enough, and are eager to play it properly right now or really soon. Got no friends that play Dayz or won't stick anymore? Keep going, you might find some new to play Dayz with. Or don't. 

In the meantime, do have some reads here , here and here and follow the process from time to time if you're really interested in what goes on in development. Playing it comes second, until it's done. This forum and feedback page is for development purposes primarily, and all the other topics are to be read and filled with content for those who have more time, opportunity and energy. We didn't join just to play it really that much, but to help the development during our playtime. If that wasn't your vision, you should just wait for an announcement that it's done and do something else in the meantime.

2 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

I'm not taking any drugs.

Far out, man!

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

In my Opinion, the PC Version is long done.
We only test the Fucking XBOX Version here. We're just going to stall until the Console Releases are done.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, xprofix said:

In my Opinion, the PC Version is long done.
We only test the Fucking XBOX Version here. We're just going to stall until the Console Releases are done.

OmegaLUL

Omg new guy joins 44 mins ago and is salty as my sweaty ass. Fork knife is out. Go dance.

• Haha 1

Finally a topic to register here. The old guys have sagging sacks.

Now the thing with "stress tests" and the difference between them and Experimental is quite simple really:

• Stress Tests - For testing the latest build, up for a limited time on a limited number of servers so the login tech, Battleye and networking gets a good thumping in order to provoke crashes. This to get sufficient data to fix those issues. Without tests no fixes. Easy. When a stress test build is deemed stable enough it goes to Experimental.
  • Experimental - Testing branch with 24/7 uptime for long term testing to gather statistics on player behaviour, looting and loot spawn, AI behaviour, server stability, Battleye behaviour etc etc.

Neither version of testing can be done in-house since they need lots of players playing on lots of different systems to get all the data they need. Now, if some playtesters on either branch spent less time whinging over how crap the gameplay is - that is far from complete anyway - and instead provided crash dumps and similar feedback, we might get content patches sooner. And with them comes the 0.63 stable (beta) that I think we all want to see sooner rather than later, right?

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

@Beavis3D oh...

so beautifully and so well formulated what these branches mean. Unfortunately, these words drip on most of the "gameplay moreloot critics" like water on a lotus leaf.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

On 7/1/2018 at 12:34 AM, WhiteWalker1 said:

finish

what the ever Hell is a "finished" game ? 

'Finished games', there are tens of hundreds - take your pick. Start with- ya know.. Tetris.. and work your way through.

... (betcha don't even know what I'm talking about, do ya?) 

I haven't bought a "finished" game in damn near 20 years. I can't even remember buying a game that wasn't updated the second I put the disc into my system. You can thank the advent of the internet for that one. So no whining about it. ALL games get shipped unfinished these days technically speaking. 

• Thanks 1