Sign in to follow this  
green_mtn_grandbob

ReShade will it mess up my dayz?

A friend said  i should download reshade for the other games we play . but i don't want it if it interferes with playing dayz. does any one have it and will let me know if i should get it or not.

i wouldn't download it. some games are banning it cause it helps you cheat

19 minutes ago, larky2k said:

i wouldn't download it. some games are banning it cause it helps you cheat

Complete utter zombiesh*t, it doesn't. I have Reshade for over a year now and I cannot even imagine playing DayZ without it, it just looks way too bland and depressing. I have Silo Entertainment's newest Reshade for 0.60, check it out on YouTube. It works for me perfectly.

• Like 1

Just now, Just Caused said:

Complete utter zombiesh*t, it doesn't. I have Reshade for over a year now and I cannot even imagine playing DayZ without it, it just looks way too bland and depressing. I have Silo Entertainment's newest Reshade for 0.60, check it out on YouTube. It works for me perfectly.

if its BS then why are games company's banning for the fact you can have an artificial zoom and other players glow.

On 29.6.2018. at 1:30 AM, larky2k said:

if its BS then why are games company's banning for the fact you can have an artificial zoom and other players glow.

Artificial zoom and seeing players glowing is called hacks. ReShade and EnB addons are only there to make colours brighter, more beautiful. There's no such thing as having ReShade outline players. It might make them glow more, but also background will glow more too since all of colours are enriched, therefore it's still equal and hard to spot them.

from the web ( ReShade exposes an automated and generic way to access both frame color and depth information (latter is automatically disabled during multiplayer to prevent exploitation) .

thoughts? 

I've read that battleye was blocking some reshade files, so battleye was restricting some aspect of the program but it refrained from banning simply for having the software installed.  If Just Caused says he's been using it for a year now then it must be legit.  However I'd hate to see anyone here get banned because battleye decided to change it's mind at some undetermined point in the future.  Maybe I'm wrong but I can't help but think there's risk in there somewhere.

• Beans 1

I'm using this one. I can guarantee it works for me, I've been using it for a year now.

Wow I forgot I used reshade back in the day .. I need to reinstall it , if they ban me i will legit fight them