Baker.

Hey, um why u do dis?

In all seriousness, will there be a toggle soon to turn off the shaky cam effect when running? It gives me motion sickness instantly and I can't play. 

Kinda hoping someone will just point me to the toggle I've missed. 

1 hour ago, Baker. said:

In all seriousness, will there be a toggle soon to turn off the shaky cam effect when running? It gives me motion sickness instantly and I can't play. 

Kinda hoping someone will just point me to the toggle I've missed. 

They removed the head bob slider a while ago.

Maybe they want everyone to have the same experience?

X5tuBDw.gif

I noticed that value "headbob" was set to "=1" in my "Gews_settings.DayZprofile"... that's the file for the 0.63 build.

Headbob gives a lot of people motion sickness. Its why most people disable it.I can run in real life and not get motion sickness.

May as well get rid of those graphics sliders too. Different resolutions are also unfair. Lock it down at 720p. 

Edited by Baker.
  • Beans 1

If you feel yourself getting sick, stop playing immediately. Things are going to get worse before they get better if you keep playing. Try to open a window or go outside and get some fresh air.

If you find that you do experience motion sickness from video games, you can do a few things to hopefully prevent it in the future.

Turn on more lights. Playing in a dark room is bad for your eyes anyway.

Sit farther away from the TV.

Your body can get used to it after repeated sessions—a pattern of playing and getting sick, stopping, and then restarting later when you feel better. Do this until you stop getting sick entirely and your brain finally realizes that what you are seeing and doing isn’t actually harming you. That process of getting used to it can take a while and isn’t pleasant, however.

Some medications can help (Dramamine, Bonine, Meclizine, and Benadryl), and while they can work, they might also make you drowsy, which isn't good for gamers and most people in general.

If you're not having any luck reducing motion sickness while playing certain games, you might be left having to withdraw from those games altogether. Stick to games with simpler movements.

https://www.lifewire.com/video-games-and-motion-sickness-3562484

Edited by Guy Smiley

1 minute ago, Guy Smiley said:

If you feel yourself getting sick, stop playing immediately. Things are going to get worse before they get better if you keep playing. Try to open a window or go outside and get some fresh air.

If you find that you do experience motion sickness from video games, you can do a few things to hopefully prevent it in the future.

Turn on more lights. Playing in a dark room is bad for your eyes anyway.

Sit farther away from the TV.

Your body can get used to it after repeated sessions—a pattern of playing and getting sick, stopping, and then restarting later when you feel better. Do this until you stop getting sick entirely and your brain finally realizes that what you are seeing and doing isn’t actually harming you. That process of getting used to it can take a while and isn’t pleasant, however.

Some medications can help (Dramamine, Bonine, Meclizine, and Benadryl), and while they can work, they might also make you drowsy, which isn't good for gamers and most people in general.

If you're not having any luck reducing motion sickness while playing certain games, you might be left having to withdraw from those games altogether. Stick to games with simpler movements.

https://www.lifewire.com/video-games-and-motion-sickness-3562484

Or there is always https://feedback.bistudio.com/

16 minutes ago, -Gews- said:

Or there is always https://feedback.bistudio.com/

Here's the thing, BIS has a vision and direction they are going and guess what?  It might not be everyone's cup of tea.  I might not even like something in the final product once it's created but guess what?  I could wait until a mod comes out that adjusts or removes the thing(s) I may not like.  I'm pretty sure they are trying to keep DayZ to a fairly close playfield which would mean, everyone has head bob.  

I don't notice the head bob.

Is it visible in 1PP?

It doesn't make me motion sick, but I usually detest it just based on how it looks.

3 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

Here's the thing, BIS has a vision and direction they are going and guess what?  It might not be everyone's cup of tea.  I might not even like something in the final product once it's created but guess what?  I could wait until a mod comes out that adjusts or removes the thing(s) I may not like.  I'm pretty sure they are trying to keep DayZ to a fairly close playfield which would mean, everyone has head bob.  

If they didn't want feedback, they wouldn't put up a site designed specifically for people to give feedback with tags like 'feature request' and 'balancing'. Personally, 'their vision' is not something that concerns me. I know what I like and what I don't like. I see no reason to keep my mouth shut when it comes to constructive feedback... or even pure complaining. If 'their vision' included magic wands and flying monkeys you can bet I'd have some thoughts on that.

The game has been changing in various ways here and there all the time and head bob isn't something that can be said to affect the game's overarching 'vision' anyways. The devs haven't yet come out and said "we want to force a strong head bob effect, and particularly in 3rd person".

Telling the OP to just tough it out or go play a different game because the shaky cam on the EXPERIMENTAL build gives him motion sickness is ridiculous. Sorry.

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Is it visible in 1PP?

In the 3PP perspective it's quite strong and I've seen quite a few people mentioning it.

The idea of penalizing people on 3pp with "headbobbing" is wrong. The benefits of using 3pp players are not necessarily running, but most of the benefits are standing up behind an object to avoid the "real" eye level and width. and standing there is no headbobbing. (I only play in 1pp .... but I also saw it in 3pp and it does not offer any real experience.)

A real experience would be if the field of view were adjusted to the headdress ... and headbobbing here in relation to the weight of the headdress - > No heavy helmet, 0 headbobbing, that would give the players some understanding.)

• Beans 1

4 hours ago, -Gews- said:

In the 3PP perspective it's quite strong and I've seen quite a few people mentioning it.

hmm,

i have ZERO headbob in 3pp (don't like 3pp, but tested it on the stresstest branch). the character moves up and down while running, but the camera floats smoothly and is not shaking.

idk, if those people know headbob would mean, of if they have actually camera shaking, but i don't believe them until i see some video footage of actual 3pp headbob.

for me, the character bouncing up and down in the center of the screen is no headbob, even though it looks a bit strange.

i guess saying, that the bit 1pp headbob it totally fine for me, doesn't help anybody, that is getting motion sick.

Edited by HaseDesTodes

Motion sickness because of game =/= authentic.

very hateful against those those poor sobs with disorders.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Baker. said:

I can run in real life and not get motion sickness.

I know for a fact you're usually too drunk for that.

13 hours ago, Baker. said:

May as well get rid of those graphics sliders too. Different resolutions are also unfair. Lock it down at 720p. 

Come one Bakes, you're better than this..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

12 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Is it visible in 1PP?

It doesn't make me motion sick, but I usually detest it just based on how it looks.

Head bob only happens when you sprint in 3rd person.  I had to go test it cause I was so used to jogging I forgot head bob existed.  Only time I sprint is when I get shot at. 

Edited by atomquark
  • Beans 1

4 hours ago, kichilron said:

I know for a fact you're usually too drunk for that.

Drunk AND fat. 

I forgot to mention I use an ultrawide which probably exaggerates the effect. I tried again yesterday and it wasnt as bad, but its still there. Would just be nice to turn it off. Makes me feel like im on a rollercoaster with my eyes closed. 

Its no so much headbob as it is like "shakycam". The've improved the FPP controller so much I may start playing that way. The old FPP controller was so bad

Edited by Baker.

18 hours ago, -Gews- said:

If they didn't want feedback, they wouldn't put up a site designed specifically for people to give feedback with tags like 'feature request' and 'balancing'. Personally, 'their vision' is not something that concerns me. I know what I like and what I don't like. I see no reason to keep my mouth shut when it comes to constructive feedback... or even pure complaining. If 'their vision' included magic wands and flying monkeys you can bet I'd have some thoughts on that.

The game has been changing in various ways here and there all the time and head bob isn't something that can be said to affect the game's overarching 'vision' anyways. The devs haven't yet come out and said "we want to force a strong head bob effect, and particularly in 3rd person".

Telling the OP to just tough it out or go play a different game because the shaky cam on the EXPERIMENTAL build gives him motion sickness is ridiculous. Sorry.

You believe the feedback works? never has in the past.

I never really notice the headbob. Perhaps rocking a steady buzz while playing keeps one from noticing it?

• Haha 1