hypergolem

0.63 my personal opinion and experience

I came back to DayZ after a year away from the game to check the fabled 0.63 and after 2 full circles of the map and being fully geared up twice, a couple of deaths I think I can give a personal opinion of the state of the game and here are my thoughts.

1: the engine looks good, graphically solid, the atmosphere is perfect, the ambient and the environmental conditions are really well done. It is also pretty stable. I had only one weird death in the middle of the forest without any reason to die and no crashes during the play. What I don't like is the visible distance, the mist or fog is hiding too much of the distance. I climbed on top of the Altar antenna and you can barely see 300 m away. I hope that is going to change because it was one of the strong points of the game.

2: Gameplay... well this is hard to evaluate since it is so bare bones as it is right now. The infected are good... they should probably see you a bit easier but that i guess will be dealt later. One infected at a time is easy to deal with... a group can be deadly -  I LIKE that! They react to shooting and they all get drawn to the shooter. With a bit of stealth action and taking them quietly with a machete or a good knife they are easy to get rid at least until the players bleeding becomes a bigger problem (at the moment you don't even need to bandage or anything -  in a few minutes your health is back to normal without any action being required). As usual as soon as you leave the coast and the spawning areas you can easily find basic gear and if you reach the northern areas and the military bases you can easily get fully geared up. Infected still manage to go through walls sometimes... sometimes they are stuck in the floor (I saw them in the small police station and in the small medical centers) but generally they are much much better than before.

3: Future ahead: that is the big question... At the moment the game is really very very basic... there is not much to do apart from getting food and getting a gun and a backpack. Lots of stuff needs still to be implemented and added to the game so I don't expect to see a Beta anytime soon... I hope the development behind doors is at more advanced state than we know, but all considered I don't expect beta before September (I would not be surprised if it ends coming in early 2019)

Just my few opinions.

• Beans 1

We should be seeing new content and features soon.

• Beans 1

I can see a loooong way when the weather is good. as far as I could ever see..

Good write up