JayZDayZ

Important Suggestions That Could Hugely Impact the Game

I played the experimental patch for a while and it was a pretty decent experience. It was definitely a huge step in the right direction. I do have some important suggestions and points I want to share to build onto/improve the system.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1.) AKM:

The AKM seems to have too little recoil and too much accuracy, especially since it has a high fire rate. You can basically hold down the fire button, shake the gun left to right really quick, and hit a player that is behind a ton of zombies, without aiming directly at the player for more than a fraction of a second. I also got shot by someone with spraying with an AKM. The recoil was surprisingly low. The damage and fire rate seem to be acceptable and should not require a nerf, in my opinion.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2.) Sprinting System:

The sprinting system was an idea I hated, but the way it was implemented was a good idea. It still needs to be adjusted a bit. To be honest, wearing light gear and having a small amount of items took away too much maximum stamina from the bar. I really feel that for it to be properly balanced, only the clothes you wear should have an effect on the stamina bar. I had a mostly empty backpack and light clothing but somehow my stamina bar was at 70-80 percent. If we travel far to get loot, it really punishes us, even if we don't have much. I feel that if I ran a bunch of kilometers with heavy gear, I should be able to have better stamina eventually. It was just disappointing that I could walk for an infinite amount of time but have to be restricted permanently by stamina.

3.) Foot Step Sound:

The footstep sounds are too silent. People with a bunch of gear that are sprinting on grass/wood/etc do not make much noise. This has lead to a couple deaths where I was so confused at how the footstep sounds could be so silent, that I wasn't really mad. I've also snuck up on people a on and they rarely ever noticed me, while I sprinted, even when I was generally close.

4.) Bullet Icons:

One of the biggest and most annoying problems I have had in experimental was that the icons for bullets did not clearly display what type of bullet something was, so I would have to hover over it. There has been 20+ times where I confused ammo with each other or accidentally sorted it bad. I feel like the main problem is that some icons show multiple types bullets instead of one detailed bullet.

I suggest that the bullets take up twice the space in length, but can stack up to a larger size. Or, smaller types of bullets take up one space and larger bullets take up 2-3. I do not believe that conserving ammunition should be a huge deal in casual servers. If someone wants to loot for 12 hours to get all the ammo, they should be able to (and hold a bunch).

5.) Huge Gun Balance/Adding Guns:

Throughout my DayZ experience, I have been heavily disappointed in the civilian weaponry. The problem is not that it's hard to fend off people with full military gear. The problem is that the civilian weapons are too unreliable, inconvenient, and hard to get. It is either super low caliber or a fast shooting automatic. The ammunition is also too much trouble to get. There are a couple guns that are an exception to that description, like the Blaze 95, but for some reason the Blaze 95 did too little damage (4+ chest shots to kill), even when .308 was the most OP in the game at one point. The only decent civilian weapon would be the IZH 18, but it is too unreliable. Making a gun a one shot makes it impossible to fight anyone that feels like moving up on you, even if you make 100 percent of the shots. The fix isn't to make it do more damage, but to actually add in a civilian bolt action or lever gun.

I could walk to NW Airfield, loot for a long time, come back to the coast, and have full gear faster than I could have a good amount of bullets for a civilian gun. In fact, it's much safer to go to military bases for food/etc than to loot cities that are on the coast (and sometimes in land too). I suggest making more civilian ammo/guns spawn at civilian areas.

6.) Zombies:

Firing a gun makes all the zombies run to you, even if they don't see you. It's a huge problem because you could be chasing someone down, and they suffer no consequence for rushing towards a horde. Everyone should be attacked, not just one person.

7.) Player Spawning:

One of the biggest problems is that players can log in behind you and kill you. People will do this on purpose and it is very easy to do. The fix is very simple. Just make it so people can get their connection refused if a player is detected within 50 meters of the area. I feel this is really the only way to fix the problem. Adding connection time would not be a good fix to prevent server jumping because it punishes everyone. 

What I would prefer is making it so you can't server jump right on military areas. You should be forced to logout within a couple feet of a bed and then walk to a loot area and back to continue server jumping. This eliminates so many problems like A.) People spawning on you and killing you. B.) Server jumping quickly to get loot. C.) Stops people from spawning in the woods and sniping people from complicated spots. If you want to get kills, loot, ETC, you should have to work for it. No one should have to wait an extra 60 seconds or extra amount of time because of the people who need to loot or feel like camping in cheap spots without putting effort.

Hackers will sometimes login to one spot that overlooks a whole city and then begin aimbotting everyone while using ESP. I've talked to hackers that have done that and I have experienced hackers who have done that to me.

8.) Report Last Death Button:

When someone kills you, it would be great to have a button that reports the player that killed you, logs information and 2 minutes of gameplay, then lets you put a description. Let me state some of the benefits:

If someone is reported for using a newer hack, a moderator could review what happened to see if they could get vital information that could help the developers. Maybe the people are using voice chat and are going "I see you through the walls" and its actually happening.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, JayZDayZ said:

Throughout my DayZ experience, I have been heavily disappointed in the civilian weaponry. The problem is not that it's hard to fend off people with full military gear. The problem is that the civilian weapons are too unreliable, inconvenient, and hard to get. It is either super low caliber or a fast shooting automatic. The ammunition is also too much trouble to get. There are a couple guns that are an exception to that description, like the Blaze 95, but for some reason the Blaze 95 did too little damage (4+ chest shots to kill), even when .308 was the most OP in the game at one point. The only decent civilian weapon would be the IZH 18, but it is too unreliable. Making a gun a one shot makes it impossible to fight anyone that feels like moving up on you, even if you make 100 percent of the shots. The fix isn't to make it do more damage, but to actually add in a civilian bolt action or lever gun.

I could walk to NW Airfield, loot for a long time, come back to the coast, and have full gear faster than I could have a good amount of bullets for a civilian gun. In fact, it's much safer to go to military bases for food/etc than to loot cities that are on the coast (and sometimes in land too). I suggest making more civilian ammo/guns spawn at civilian areas.

Good post!, But i think DayZ its fine like this because: You need to keep in mind'' its a city not a military base, its not suppose to give you a m4 :/ the gun than you find in the city, its some gun for small hunting in real life nobody has a m4 at home with many ammo or any other powerfull gun. thats my opinion

Bye,

Billy

Oh man, so much of what you posted about is merely Beta balancing and feature implementation.

Please go read the past status reports.

• Beans 1

On ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎22 at 6:49 PM, JayZDayZ said:

2.) Sprinting System:

The sprinting system was an idea I hated, but the way it was implemented was a good idea. It still needs to be adjusted a bit. To be honest, wearing light gear and having a small amount of items took away too much maximum stamina from the bar. I really feel that for it to be properly balanced, only the clothes you wear should have an effect on the stamina bar. I had a mostly empty backpack and light clothing but somehow my stamina bar was at 70-80 percent. If we travel far to get loot, it really punishes us, even if we don't have much. I feel that if I ran a bunch of kilometers with heavy gear, I should be able to have better stamina eventually. It was just disappointing that I could walk for an infinite amount of time but have to be restricted permanently by stamina.

Thanks for your contribution @JayZDayZ

This is the most relevant concern of this thread, in my opinion...but not this reason.

I argue that the stamina bar, while looking like a good implementation, should NOT be shortened by simply wearing clothes or carrying empty backpacks/gear containers....(except where obviously required, like raincoats, heavy garments, etc.)

I am going to try to get a better idea of just how much your stamina is affected, but it seems to me so far that being punished for "gearing up" with empty packs in preparation for a long hike to your preferred loot spot is a bit too much of a grind, considering the fairly insignificant weight and mobility penalties of these items in real life. But hopefully the Beta will see a bit of an adjustment to this mechanic and all will be better balanced in upcoming patches. For the time being it helps to know that a burlap sack is usually close to high loot areas so making a long run does not necessarily mean you need to get too geared up before heading out.

Lets face it, everyone...the new way of determining overall survivor stamina...and the way it is diminished...is a far better solution than we had in the early builds, and is not far off the mark as it currently stands. Balancing and buffs/nerfs are a definite "must-do" but I am waiting for a more fully-featured build before it is something that needs to be made into noise for the Devs to hear...IMHO.

And Hey!, Bio!.... Look at the bright side of the OP!  We are seeing more and more NEW members chiming in, with enthusiastic (albeit repetitive) comments about how the builds are doing....by now, asking new players to "read the past SRs" might do more harm than good! (considering some of the old stuff simply makes no sense without knowing how the Devs and the work have evolved).

On 6/22/2018 at 3:49 PM, JayZDayZ said:

1.) AKM:

The AKM seems to have too little recoil and too much accuracy, especially since it has a high fire rate. You can basically hold down the fire button, shake the gun left to right really quick, and hit a player that is behind a ton of zombies, without aiming directly at the player for more than a fraction of a second. I also got shot by someone with spraying with an AKM. The recoil was surprisingly low. The damage and fire rate seem to be acceptable and should not require a nerf, in my opinion.

Clearly way too low. Spray from this weapon should only be controllable at very short ranges.

Checked a few weapons and their recoil modifiers were set to 1, 1, and 1.

Previously it was 1, 4, and 1.9 for the AKM. 

Seems to be a work in progress.

4.) Bullet Icons:

One of the biggest and most annoying problems I have had in experimental was that the icons for bullets did not clearly display what type of bullet something was, so I would have to hover over it. There has been 20+ times where I confused ammo with each other or accidentally sorted it bad. I feel like the main problem is that some icons show multiple types bullets instead of one detailed bullet.

I suggest that the bullets take up twice the space in length, but can stack up to a larger size. Or, smaller types of bullets take up one space and larger bullets take up 2-3. I do not believe that conserving ammunition should be a huge deal in casual servers. If someone wants to loot for 12 hours to get all the ammo, they should be able to (and hold a bunch).

Yep, the icons are real bad. If it's this small it should show one round, larger.

Max ammo stack size could depend on weight, or volume, or some combination of both.

For example, a .308 weighs about twice much as a 5.56, so going by weight, it should stack only half as much. And for 10 rounds of .45, you would be able to stack 18 rounds of 9mm, or 64 rounds of .22 for the same weight. But only 5 shotgun shells.

Shotguns are pretty good. I've never seen a .308 taking 4 chest shots to kill unless in some circumstance where it hits the arms or weapon or extreme lag.

There's already a lever-action rifle and it's not terrible. 

A few of the hunting rifles also serve as the game's sniper rifles which unfortunately means they've been moved northwest and made quite rare.

One of the biggest problems is that players can log in behind you and kill you. People will do this on purpose and it is very easy to do. The fix is very simple. Just make it so people can get their connection refused if a player is detected within 50 meters of the area. I feel this is really the only way to fix the problem. Adding connection time would not be a good fix to prevent server jumping because it punishes everyone. 

That's not a good idea because someone will inevitably log out of their favorite server, and try to log back in, and there will be a camper within 50 m, or someone cooking meat, or an unconscious guy, or some roleplayers sitting around a campfire, and they'll be blocked from the server for an indefinite amount of time.

Best fix is private hive though.

8.) Report Last Death Button:

When someone kills you, it would be great to have a button that reports the player that killed you, logs information and 2 minutes of gameplay, then lets you put a description. Let me state some of the benefits:

If someone is reported for using a newer hack, a moderator could review what happened to see if they could get vital information that could help the developers. Maybe the people are using voice chat and are going "I see you through the walls" and its actually happening.

I don't think Bohemia has the resources to have people review all the footage and logs, or store the 2 minute gameplay videos. Seems to be left to the server admins on private.

Edited by -Gews-
  • Beans 1