Sign in to follow this  
samdui

The THIRST and HUNGER problems.

So i have started playing dayZ after half a year, i started on Experimental and i love the game so far! except.. 

Food, water.

As soon as i spawned after 5 minutes i was dying of thirst, seriously guys?

Please fix this, some of these are really annoying, i persuaded my friend to play this game again after a long time and he said after this he is not coming back. Please just increase the time in which player has to eat. 

Thank you.

1 hour ago, samdui said:

- // -

??  .. please fix this..    ??
drinking is better than eating if you are "dying of thirst"  - THEN go look for food....  seriously guys

2 hours ago, samdui said:

So i have started playing dayZ after half a year, i started on Experimental and i love the game so far! except.. 

Food, water.

Please fix this, some of these are really annoying, i persuaded my friend to play this game again after a long time and he said after this he is not coming back. Please just increase the time in which player has to eat. 

Thank you.

Just wait a bit till they put a couple patches out im sure it will be addressed - then come back to play - after all it is just a barebones experimental version of an alpha game

8 hours ago, samdui said:

Food, water.

Thank you.

When you spawn just move to the nearest town and look inside houses and check for water pumps. Other tips are not to run but to jog as it uses less energy. Also keep eating and drinking till you will not see any of the arrows pointing upwards anymore. If you do this, you will easily survive

13 hours ago, samdui said:

Food, water.

Thank you.

Sounds like you and your friend are still playing DayZ as if it was 0.62 or below where you can run without worrying about getting hungry/thirsty as quickly. As stated by Amadieus, don't sprint as it makes you get hungry/thirsty quicker causing you to die sooner than you would've had you jogged instead. If your friend can't handle adapting to the way things are currently then this is not the game for him as it can be pretty unforgiving. Also, in case you didn't know or hadn't read previously, you can drink from ponds/rivers without dying from any diseases currently.

You spawn in on the edge of thirsty.

It has always been this way since the mod.

Spamming for apples is gone forever.

Jog every where and don't skip small towns.

I am greatly looking forward to more survival elements being added and all of the complaint threads about being cold/hot/wet/sick.

People are still crying for GPS and spawn next to friend.....

• Beans 1