Sign in to follow this  
KNUCKLES915

Is this a Bug? Play offline?

So i get up and log into steam, which then downloads a 36 meg patch. I the proceed to start up steam as usual and am confronted by a nice little steam start window that offers me the

"PLAY OFFLINE" option. Is this true????????? IT IS!!!!! im standing here in an OFFLINE GAME!!!!!!

I dont know how to act.

OMG thank you.

Its not that i dont like the pvp aspect. Sometimes i do. I like the survival aspect. And worrying about losing everything I worked hours for just because Some asshat shoots me in the back of the head to take my shirt for rags just pisses me off.

But your character does not save on offline mode, everytime you leave the game - you start as a fresh spawn.

I am assuming it is temporary. I dont mind. It gives me a chance to explore. Learn what spawns where. Im enjoying it.

3 hours ago, KNUCKLES915 said:

And worrying about losing everything I worked hours for just because Some asshat shoots me in the back of the head to take my shirt for rags just pisses me off.

You mean the premise of an open world multiplayer survival game?

Last couple of days iv been playing in offline (especially when server's are down) and online, for someone like myself usually going in "lonewolf" offline mode is great!
Its running super smooth and although i was suprised to respawn without the gear i collected its helping to familiarize more with locations of the map and the mechanics ect as its been a while since i played. I know alot has still to be implemented im looking foward to learning more crafting aspects & if there is ever any plans to make some kind of offline missions or scinarios that would be hellova fun..
So alot to look foward to with upcoming updates, especially modding