Just Caused

Few questions about 0.63

Hi, I have a few questions regarding 0.63 Experimental.

1) Can you get stuffed? I tried eating and drinking a lot, and I cannot get stuffed. Also, does it show when you are ''light green energised/hydrated'' on new HUD?

2) Are there any scopes? If not, when will they be coming?

3) Guns? Where are all the other guns? I've been through all Chernarus only to find Makarovs, that gun using SKS ammo, AKM and MP5K. Literally not a single other gun.

4) Anyone else having problems with FPS? I used to play game on 40-50 FPS and now I struggle to get even 25. Literally unplayable in gunfights.

5) Anyone else thinks vests are way too heavy? I tried using that bulrap backback without sticks, a gun and vest. I literally couldn't run for more than 5 seconds straight. They really need to get balanced out. Now assault backpack takes same amount of stamina as other casual backpacks.

6) Also, why are most of the normal items suddenly removed from the game? I feel like we're stuck on 50'ish items, I can't really tell what is missing but it feels wierd. Wherever I go I find tactical shirts, tac. bacon, hoodies and knifes. Literally every town.

Edited by Just Caused

13 minutes ago, Just Caused said:

4) Anyone else having problems with FPS? I used to play game on 40-50 FPS and now I struggle to get even 25. Literally unplayable in gunfights.

I am always with 65-100 FPS I don't know why you are stuck at this number, maybe your configuration not enough strong

Give some news,

Billy

To answer it briefly: At all points, No coming soon more. The first version of 0.63 focuses on server / network / BE / client stability, so it's more of a playable raw version of the actual 0.63.

1. No, there's no such thing as getting stuffed at this point. Neither sick, high temperature, low temperature...etc. Everything will be added throughout the experimental phase.

2. No, not yet. Will be added tho.

3. Same, more to come soon.

4. I personally have acceptable FPS looking at the fact that I play on 144hz, it won't drop under 60. Stays around 70 to 90.

5. The vests are indeed a little bit too heavy, especially the Ballistic Vest but they will balance these in the future.

6. They had to rewrite everything for 0.63 so basically the script for the old items is not made or added yet because they focused on making the basic things. When 0.63 will hit stable everything you know that is in 0.62 will be in 0.63. That's their goal.

They focus on fixing the client and server performance before adding new content to 0.63.

Edited by SouthUS
  • Beans 2

The ballistic vest is heavy indeed, but can save your life vs an AKM right now. It's a compromise. 

The current experimental is identical to the last stress test we had, so most of the content will be added eventually as they focus on stability and performance first.

3. SVD should also be in the game, at least it was in some stress test version(s). but as all weapons, it comes without scope.

5. depends... i think, some vests have their weight set up correctly... i think it was like 15kg for the plate carrier vest, which sounds plausible to me. press vest was the same, which i found a bit to much.

4 hours ago, Just Caused said:

Hi, I have a few questions regarding 0.63 Experimental.

1) Can you get stuffed?  well that escalated quickly

3) Guns? Where are all the other guns?  now there's background checks before you can get one.  I guess you didn't pass...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Just Caused said:

4) Anyone else having problems with FPS? I used to play game on 40-50 FPS and now I struggle to get even 25. Literally unplayable in gunfights

I bet its due to the server hosts, the better the server's CPU/rest parts the better the fps ingame. 
During stress tests i had almost over 100fps in big towns, sometimes barely 40fps.  In offline mode i have like 2 times less fps than usually in stress tests ( since my PC is being as server host at the same time ). 

Edited by exacomvm

Thanks for the answers!

I can't wait for 0.63 to reach stable, now it's somewhat bland without all these items.

About the FPS, it's still wierd to me. I have FX8320E (3.4 GHz), RX470 4GB, 8 GB's of DDR3 1333MHz RAM, it's not bad configuration but it played much better in 0.62. Also, I always used to play on low pop servers for increased FPS, but now since it's experimental I got over that part of lost FPS.

Lightweight vest shouldn't be that difficult on stamina bar. I mean, I had bolt action rifle, almost empty rope-bulrap backpack and vest. I couldn't run for 5 seconds straight. It's not balanced enough, I think.

Edited by Just Caused

Just a silly question...   Are your video settings cranked up to the maximums?  Sometimes turning things up will give you better frames with the new renderer.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Just a silly question...   Are your video settings cranked up to the maximums?  Sometimes turning things up will give you better frames with the new renderer.

No, they are not. I usually kept objects on medium and textures and other graphical stuff on high but now it's very unplayable, literally I had 17 FPS in Staroe military tents... Which ones should I buff up?

The LOD does not always load the right things to the right time, it still has to be worked on.

4 hours ago, Just Caused said:

No, they are not. I usually kept objects on medium and textures and other graphical stuff on high but now it's very unplayable, literally I had 17 FPS in Staroe military tents... Which ones should I buff up?

I played a bit of experimental last night and saw my frames locked in at or just under 30, regardless of what I changed.  Turn off clouds and shadows, nothing.  Turn  all settings to medium, nothing.  I just max them out and carry-on.  I normally get around 60 pretty steadily.

19 hours ago, emuthreat said:

This is correct. If your video settings are too low, the CPU will do most of the work instead of the GPU. For graphical calculations the CPU is worse than the GPU thus resulting in a lower framerate on low settings than you might get with higher settings.

1 hour ago, IMT said:

This is correct. If your video settings are too low, the CPU will do most of the work instead of the GPU. For graphical calculations the CPU is worse than the GPU thus resulting in a lower framerate on low settings than you might get with higher settings.

2 hours ago, emuthreat said:

I played a bit of experimental last night and saw my frames locked in at or just under 30, regardless of what I changed.  Turn off clouds and shadows, nothing.  Turn  all settings to medium, nothing.  I just max them out and carry-on.  I normally get around 60 pretty steadily.

I actually thought a same thing a few times. I couldn't wrap my brain around that fact and I though it was just a placebo effect or something, since I've never seen a game before that has better FPS while on MAX settings. :D