Sign in to follow this  
Zing Freelancer

Is this even a game at this point?

2 hours ago, DeatHTaX said:

I think it's hilarious four years later people are still saying the loot economy is going to get better.

And it clearly hasn't yet. Lol.

Because you can't get fully military geared up in 10 mins anymore?

• Beans 1

4 hours ago, DeatHTaX said:

I think it's hilarious four years later people are still saying the loot economy is going to get better.

I think they are in the still in the process of finishing specific animations related to many of the items.  The CLE is limited to the very basics needed to determine how viable survival is, and what kind of balancing needs to take place with the hunger/hydration systems.

Just because you came back at the time when the new systems are being added in stages at bare bones complexity, does not mean things are going to stay this way.  It's like showing up at a restaurant the day after a complete revamp of the menu and all new staff, and complaining about the service times.

• Beans 2

On 17.6.2018 at 12:07 PM, Zing Freelancer said:

snip

You've been a member of the forums from 2012 but you speak like someone who just bought the game.

What did you expect from 0.63? A final release with all possible features and mechanics? Stamina for example was just implemented, you really thought that it would be perfect right off the bat and wouldn't need any balancing or player feedback?

"Most important item you can desire is water bottle and a backpack to store water bottle. Forget about making your own backpack out of burlap sack, finding rope is nearly impossible! " This one already got answered so I'm not going to even mention that making ropes from clothes have been in the game forever but instead I am going to mention that this is supposed to be survival game where water and food should be the 2 most important items.

• Beans 1

12 hours ago, DeatHTaX said:

The loot tables are less than half- full by the looks of it.  Perhaps the total item counts will stay the same but the variety will increase.  Won't that be fun?  I guess better is subjective.

I guess what matters is what your idea of good/better looks like.

Edited by emuthreat

9 minutes ago, Zing Freelancer said:

Fun.

Well sorry to break it for you, the game isn't supposed to be "fun" yet.

• Beans 1

Just now, benedictus said:

Well sorry to break it for you, the game isn't supposed to be "fun" yet.

"In Halo 1, there was maybe 30 seconds of fun that happened over and over and over and over again. And so, if you can get 30 seconds of fun, you can pretty much stretch that out to be an entire game."

https://www.engadget.com/2011/07/14/half-minute-halo-an-interview-with-jaime-griesemer/

Fun must always be present, if the game is not fun, it has no business existing.

On 17.6.2018 at 12:41 PM, amadieus said:

Where do all these people come from? It seems that the experimental release has brought the most uninformed people to this game again. I have read too many topics (Like this one) with the most stupid questions one could imagine. I mean it is "*insert bad language*" experimental. Did you actually think it would have been finished and done with this release? Sure there are enough things that need tweaking. Personally I would prefer that thirst/hunger depleted slower but that we also find less food/drinks. Still now it might deplete kind of fast but there is enough food and drinks to be found, I have not died one single time because of it. And the stamina system is just fine, maybe some small tweaking but it is perfect in general.

I don't get why some of the good people here waste their time on trying to explain DayZ to them... there will be more than enough of us to have full servers 24/7 when 1.0 hits - we don't need these people.

They come from PUBG and other Battle Royale games that some of lauded as "DayZ with the boring parts cut out" which is one of the dumbest statements ever made. Also blame the gaming press - a lot of un(der)informed "gaming reporters" have stated wrong facts like "DayZ beta is finally out" even before the Stress-Tests were even announced and similar things like "DayZ beta is on Experimental" attracting trolls like the OP just to shit all over a game that is still far from finished.

Still, because of those misunderstandings I am trying as hard as I can to keep as many of my friends from playing the Experimental and wait for stable when they STILL cannot expect a balanced game. It's just difficult because exp is soooo daaaaamn gooood :)

• Beans 1

6 minutes ago, Zing Freelancer said:

https://www.engadget.com/2011/07/14/half-minute-halo-an-interview-with-jaime-griesemer/

Fun must always be present, if the game is not fun, it has no business existing.

You asked the right question in your first post. "Is this even a game at this point?"

My answer is: No, not yet.

Edited by benedictus

7 hours ago, emuthreat said:

The loot tables are less than half- full by the looks of it.  Perhaps the total item counts will stay the same but the variety will increase.  Won't that be fun?  I guess better is subjective.

I guess what matters is what your idea of good/better looks like.

I hope the total item count is increased a fair bit tbh, imo you spend far too much time looting on .63. It makes the transition from early-mid game take too long and looting is pretty much just rng anyway really.

10 hours ago, benedictus said:

You asked the right question in your first post. "Is this even a game at this point?"

My answer is: No, not yet.

What will make it a game?

On 6/24/2018 at 11:49 AM, Zing Freelancer said:

Hey Zing - are YOU fun ?

I don't have to be fun, I'm not a Game

Nope, Zing, you're not a Game,  you're a Player   ...    <BANG> ...   bye Zing.   And .. <BANG> ... double tap.

xxP

On 6/21/2018 at 3:47 PM, pilgrim* said:

One of the things I like about this forum is when I  log in I get a message reminding me :  "I am not a robot"  - It always makes me feel better to read that. I feel more human.

Reminds me of this classic scene.

• Beans 1

On 6/24/2018 at 5:51 AM, themightylc said:

-snip- Also blame the gaming press - a lot of un(der)informed "gaming reporters" have stated wrong facts like "DayZ beta is finally out" even before the Stress-Tests were even announced and similar things like "DayZ beta is on Experimental" attracting trolls like the OP just to shit all over a game that is still far from finished.

-snip-

The latest article/blog post linked through steam is a perfect example of this.

The person who wrote it obviously doesn't follow development or understand this dev process.

Seriously, I wanted to write the guy pulling apart his entire review.

https://www.pcgamer.com/i-returned-to-dayz-after-almost-4-years-but-it-feels-like-i-never-left/?ns_campaign=article-feed&amp;ns_mchannel=ref&amp;ns_source=steam&amp;ns_linkname=0&amp;ns_fee=0

What a bunch of garbage.

Did Bohemia "ok" this for their games library page?

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. I have played Day Z. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

xxp

Edited by pilgrim*
~
  • Beans 3