nl

90% of players are unimaginitive simpletons

@pilgrim* 

You seem to be trying VERY HARD to misconstrue and misunderstand my intentions.

Yes, participating in a private server that encourages interactions provides a better experience for both the people who want to create order and enforce it in areas, as well as those who seek to destroy that. 

The fact that it took such a large effort and such degree of organization speaks to the faults of the game itself.  We were grasping at straws to keep things interesting and playable.  Nowhere in my "diatribe on living in a private cooperative server"  Did I even mention that.
There are plenty of KOS players and we generally track them down and kill them.  People who make an effort to make things interesting and rob others, put people in dresses and radio ransom to their groups, etc. are valued and respected members of the community.
Sadly, within the game mechanics, there just isn't that much to do.  And there is a dearth of incentive for people to have and contribute to interesting interactions.

That's what my whole argument is about.  Giving players more options, and implementing a system that rewards exploring them. What you have said here adds nothing to the discussion at hand, and much of it diverts the discussion by misrepresenting and polarizing the ideas I put forth.
I propose more options for in-game activities (no, not fingerpainting, you insufferable twat) and incremental improvement in player skill over a lifetime; you reframe this as hyperrealism, stat-based skill leveling, and propose absurdly extreme examples of overly complex and frivolous features.

Frankly, I find it pretty fucking offensive that people are trying to discuss a topic that I'm loathe to try clarifying for you once more, as you seem to be making a concerted effort to put words in my mouth and misrepresent intentions, and you offer nothing but cryptic intellectualism juxtaposed with hyperbole.

Good job on the slippery slope fallacy from socks and vehicle repair manuals, to farming dasies and naming cows .  I'm done here. Blocking you.  You're obviously trolling.  Peace out

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

1 hour ago, emuthreat said:

Giving players more options, and implementing a system that rewards exploring them.

NO - This is where we started 4 PAGES ago - I disagree ! deal with it.

I think you are wrong,  - UPPING the powers and varieties of Zombies is obviously the MOST important thing to do. I don't know how BI can do this, technically - I think they may not be able too without taking up too much of the available 'space' of each DayZ instance, or exceeding it.  Remember they moved from 40 players to 60 players? Perhaps they should have stayed at 40 players and concentrated on making zombies seriously more worthwhile NPCs ?

Because of this I am an "insufferable twat" - ??  .. LOL

xxP

I tied someone up last night with duct tape cause I had him hostage at gunpoint the poor kid was screaming until his mum came in and flogged him with the belt #DayZ

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, TheCreeper (DayZ) said:

Care Bear, gods, that reminds me of the early days of Ever Quest......................

Funny you should mention care bears, I notice under the Xbox section, as well as rules to end KOS,  some players are already asking for quests and missions .. I think of it more as a move to turn DayZ into an online Tomb Raider or free-for-all Assassins Creed, or perhaps just make it into ArmA online ?  Can we have Boss NPCs in DayZ  un-instanced missions, and grinding, leveling, and a points system .. please ?

How do I level up to use explosive arrows, and carry more weight,  and how many skill points do I need to fly a helicopter gunship? Does the gunner need Steady Aim or are Mechanic Skills OK ?

no offense (good man, Bombarding)   - just only-only-only an example

https://games.slashdot.org/story/02/12/27/1748252/everquest-what-you-really-get-from-an-online-game

I feel kind of old  - and now the good old days are coming back for revenge.

Look out for  DayZ-2    (put a lightning stroke through the Z graphic to give it more punch)

xxP

Edited by pilgrim*
grind; ya bstards !!
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I miss being called a "care bear", can we bring that back?

Dude !  - I always thought of you as being more of an cunning highly-intelligent psychotic ?

Edited by pilgrim*
~

1 hour ago, pilgrim* said:

Dude !  - I always thought of you as being more of an cunning highly-intelligent psychotic ?

That's just in real life. :P

I play neutral until provoked, in DayZ.

• Beans 1

Imagine this: You observe Berezino town with your scoped mosin and spot two guys entering the fire station. They seem to be armed with rifles. It's dark, so you sneak up to them. But approaching the corner of the building you accidentally bump into one of the infected. Mashing at the keyboard you manage to stab at the hatchet hotbar button and deal with him just as he is about to make a swing at you. But that already made too much noise. Then one of them says: "Hey did you hear that? What the hell?!" Then the other voice says "Hello? Who's there?" He narrowly misses to see you hiding behind the wide doors of the firestation. Then he turns around going back to his buddy followed by: "Naaah. It's probably the wind."

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, cirkular said:

Imagine this: You observe Berezino town with your scoped mosin and spot two guys entering the fire station. They seem to be armed with rifles. It's dark, so you sneak up to them. But approaching the corner of the building you accidentally bump into one of the infected. Mashing at the keyboard you manage to stab at the hatchet hotbar button and deal with him just as he is about to make a swing at you. But that already made too much noise. Then one of them says: "Hey did you hear that? What the hell?!" Then the other voice says "Hello? Who's there?" He narrowly misses to see you hiding behind the wide doors of the firestation. Then he turns around going back to his buddy followed by: "Naaah. It's probably the wind."

Then kill the big guy on the first floor before he can press the alarm. He has the keys to his safe in his pocket - In the safe is a Luger and a mil Pass to get into SE Airport. If he presses the alarm a heli gunship with a searchlight turns up and starts shooting the windows, & the two guys come up from downstairs. If you kill him before he sounds the alarm the open channel announces the time of the next SE landing. You have 15 mins to get down there before the special arms-shipment  heli crashes on the airport runway.   If you open the fire-station back door a crowd of zombies rush in, so leave by the front door, crawl in the dark, avoid the guards who say "Still quiet. Nothing to report." or kill them. Take care there are no other players around doing the same thing.

• Beans 1

On 9/11/2018 at 5:12 PM, emuthreat said:

The mod touted its brutal environment by having a ticker of the average player lifespan.  The game was hard, and survival in itself was the reward. 

It wasn't hard to survive in the mod because of zombies, sickness, wild animals or lack of food, though. Oh no. Hehe.

• Beans 1

6 hours ago, -Gews- said:

It wasn't hard to survive in the mod because of zombies, sickness, wild animals or lack of food, though. Oh no. Hehe.

Profound Truth! 

..  but remember the patch when zombies gave you infected bites and suddenly "antibiotics" became super-rare (at the same time)?   And there was no other cure. Nobody mentioned to their long-time friends if they had a stash, so they wouldn't have to say "you cant have them".  After an infected bite, folk would shoot buddies in the back and go through their pockets anyway.  (hey .. in fact that's typical film-realistic = infighting after infection). Team-mates stopped sharing tents and started avoiding each other.  Friends were lying.  Geared-up unlooted bodies on the streets, killed to see if they had one life-saving strip in their pack. I went solo in the north woods and carried an HMG to keep zombs away, (heheheh) & search for truck stashes & try to shoot down helis to loot for food.

Guy shot me in the back and messaged my respawn "I left all your gear, looking for antibio, hope you can get back your gear in time. Sorry. I was a Hero but now I'm sick. If you want my gear I'll be dead by the statue in Berezino. "

That was a reasonably harsh time..?

< & damn, I still miss those big deep stretches of forest; they would be GREAT now with wildlife added .. those were the places you COULD really meet a bear now, not these little copses & thin woods you can see through from one side to the other.. >

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Beans 3

15 hours ago, -Gews- said:

That's kinda the point of my attempts at contributing here.  My intent has always been to push back against the unfortunate title of this thread with reasons people might believe this to be so, and provide ideas that might mitigate such impressions of the game.

People have different ideas of what DayZ is, or should be.  But the underlying theme is that the core concept is now pretty-well played out by now.  More risks, more rewards; more challenges and more opportunities; more reasons to cooperate, or more reasons to backstab.  Maybe people don't think this is what DayZ needs, but it sure couldn't hurt.

Im coming back to say a few things

1) Regarding the KoS issue..... I find it *HILARIOUS* that a group of players who's *entire playstyle* revolves around ruining other peoples playsessions get pissy when the other players want to expand the game, and say "stop ruining our play sessions! DX "

We dont *want* to ruin your play session, boyo, we just would kinda like it if there was more to the game than stockpiling largely-useless gear and getting shot in the face. Both get, and have been, boring after a while.

2) Can someone explain what is *so wrong* about adding deeper survival mechanics? Not to be hyperbolic, but adding cooking and temperature mechanics has been represented in this thread (and many others) as akin to wanting a fucking farmville simulator. I say that with only the slightest of exaggerations.

3) Pilgrim*...... it would help if you were so smarmy in damn near everything you post. This is a forum for an online game, not your fucking doctoral thesis. The psuedo-intellectualism isn't that impressive, and it makes understanding what your actual point is a throbbing pain in the ass.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

On 12/09/2018 at 6:22 PM, pilgrim* said:

Funny you should mention care bears, I notice under the Xbox section, as well as rules to end KOS,  some players are already asking for quests and missions .. I think of it more as a move to turn DayZ into an online Tomb Raider or free-for-all Assassins Creed, or perhaps just make it into ArmA online ?  Can we have Boss NPCs in DayZ  un-instanced missions, and grinding, leveling, and a points system .. please ?

How do I level up to use explosive arrows, and carry more weight,  and how many skill points do I need to fly a helicopter gunship? Does the gunner need Steady Aim or are Mechanic Skills OK ?

no offense (good man, Bombarding)   - just only-only-only an example

https://games.slashdot.org/story/02/12/27/1748252/everquest-what-you-really-get-from-an-online-game

I feel kind of old  - and now the good old days are coming back for revenge.

Look out for  DayZ-2    (put a lightning stroke through the Z graphic to give it more punch)

xxP

There isnt much content on console yet, Same as for .63 but with less actions/crafting/items etc etc I think.

Pretty sure it's because many players have already breezily made thier way up north or where ever and are getting bored lol 

I dont know if you get hordes on PC like on exile etc but the game at the momemt isnt really challenging; its just an open world deathmatch. We need all the disease/temperature/sickness etc to be active in game, cant wait.

I see PC guys and girls moaning about the same stuff as what console players are; and thats from both sides of the argument. Some are asking for that more hardcore, no 2nd chances, unforgiving survival sim and others want the softcore, arcade style shooter. 

Never, EVER will the majority of both sides be satisfied with the game; Only way it can be solved it for people to put up and shut up and play on servers or in groups of like minded players.

• Beans 2

8 hours ago, emuthreat said:

That's kinda the point of my attempts at contributing here.  My intent has always been to push back against the unfortunate title of this thread with reasons people might believe this to be so, and provide ideas that might mitigate such impressions of the game.

People have different ideas of what DayZ is, or should be.  But the underlying theme is that the core concept is now pretty-well played out by now.  More risks, more rewards; more challenges and more opportunities; more reasons to cooperate, or more reasons to backstab.  Maybe people don't think this is what DayZ needs, but it sure couldn't hurt.

Exactly Emu, I have always been a pro advocate of Role playing, PVE, and PVP servers. There comes a time when you have to make up some of the stuff in the games to make it appealing. Either have Team focused pvp or simply survival around the world. There is no reason to do any less, but to have more options available to everyone, so they can play the game the way they see fit. We all know that KOS is apart of the game, just right now there is no way to separate anything and to demand any less from anyone is wrong on so many scales. But if the devs dont bring out more options or things to maybe do??? you have to make them up the best you can. Such was the case on HIHB servers at one time however the laggy game forced it to end in an early state. We had Faction wars, and it would have worked well if we had the game working as intended. Will it work down the road? i dont know anymore many players kinda gave up sadly. We will see in the future.

Dayz could learn a lesson or two from the old MMO days of games, when you built communities around the game, and when you all decided to change things everyone respected those values in the game. In Fact some of those ideas are now apart of the dev "norms" of games today.

I however enjoy PVP, KOS and Survival. I do not like Role playing as much as others, and that is my choice but i will never ask someone to get rid of 1st person, or Role playing, pve servers. It is not right, so anyone else doing so asking us to quit playing a game the way they see fit is wrong.

1. Rent your own server and stop whining you can build communities all you like. (cheap buggers)

2. Stop complaining on what others do, and just play the gawd darn game will you.

3. The only Simpleton is those that fail to handle 1 and 2 above.

Enjoy your servers, you cant expect players to change their ways on experimental.

PS. Pilgrim, why are you so hard to follow? I can not understand a word you say ever. Its so random bud.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

38 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

I however enjoy PVP, KOS and Survival. I do not like Role playing as much as others, and that is my choice but i will never ask someone to get rid of 1st person, or Role playing, pve servers. It is not right, so anyone else doing so asking us to quit playing a game the way they see fit is wrong.

To your first sentence; great, everybody should enjoy all of those things; even if that's not what they came here for.

For the rest, it's not so much server related. The game just needs more. More of all ^^^^that stuffe^^^^.

The ways of players are always the same per moment.  The means is what needs adding-to.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

3 hours ago, sneakydude said:

PS. Pilgrim, why are you so hard to follow? I can not understand a word you say ever. Its so random bud.

Yes sorry about that bud, its a combo of irony and jumping ahead of myself. I worked on computer game design for 100 years, my ex-wife is STILL working on computer game design. She ran the programmers (who all wanted to play DOOM at work, I don't know what they play now instead of working), I was on the character level design and dialog side - then every so often we all got dragged (or ran to be first in line) into Testing.

From Gameboy to PC,  I have open and shut so many doors from every possible angle, and tripped so many action sequences from so many angles, and tried to get the camera stuck behind so many rocks, dragons, trees, enemy mechanoids and corridor walls..  that I guess it makes me a little strange when someone says "that would be easy to do, put that in the game" ..

so - the answer (my answer) to that kind of comment is either "yes/no" or it's a 50 page book starting with software basics and going through to WHY people play games in the first place (wow - "difficulty levels" - that may sound like a simple concept.. it AINT.. )

I used to write the synopsis of each "room" for the programmers -  how you get in, how you get out, what you can DO, what you Should Do, what are the traps and triggers.. and what interesting stuff you can put in there that WONT affect the game, (but the player thinks it might AND it wont drive him nuts) .. then argue it out and put it in the server and try and BEAT the room (eg in and out without touching or passing triggers or traps, without gaining the objective, without anything happening at all).. AND what happens 13 rooms further on if you DONT have, for instance,  the keys from the guys safe..    

[[..classic games - anyone here old enough to remember the "delicious custard pie" you use to kill "the yeti" in Kings Quest 5 ??.. that was nothing to do with me = totally different company  and that was an EVIL game.. LOL  justly,  famous forever.   - totally (in fact) linear, mean and bad, and  Emuthreat would LOVE it.. (and it is still now playable on modern quad cores if you look for it).]]

So yes - I express myself <diagonally> , I don't want to be "smarter-than-thou" (because I'm NOT).  I don't want to explain the "difference" between a "level" and a "skill" and a "skill level" and why Emuthreat wants to introduce "grinding" into the game.

BUT I am bloody GLAD to be out of that profession (I served my time) and BLOODY glad there is NO linearity in DayZ .. and I can play it for FUN 100% without KNOWING what is supposed to happen next AT ALL.  Peoples guns or bums stick through walls - ok, but I can LIVE with..

And I KNOW that any "skill" means that in the heart of the software there are a couple of lines saying:

Spark Plug Skill = (00) ; Spark Plug Attempts = (00)

& When you get to Spark Plug Attempts = (05),   then Spark Plug Skill clocks up to (01)
After Spark Plug Skill = (01) ..  then you don't get damaged spark plugs when you try to insert them.

AND every player inside a week KNOWS that to fit your FIRST spark plug you need to collect 6 of them.. and the 6th will go in without a problem. because Spark Plug Attempts will increment from 0 to 5 and Spark Plug Attempts= (05) sets Spark Plug Skill =(01)

Doesnt matter if you "call" this (even internally or in the developer software notes) : 

Player has Spark Plug Skill
or Spark Plug level 1
or Spark Plug Expert   ... etc...

BUT - that (01) stored in the software is probably at LEAST a 256 bit integer (what the EF else would it be, boys & girls?) .. so there's no reason you should not have Spark Plug Skill going up many more levels, - (for instance 5 levels or 271 levels).  So you CAN set 100 levels  and drop 1% off the likelihood of Spark Plug = (damaged)  for each level up.

Do this with Stone Knife skill

Do it with Scope Steady aim skill

Do it with ALL the skills you like, anything you can think of (Changing Pants Skill) (Fishing Skill) (Fast dodging, overcoming inertia, Skill)  

... For instance.. the more you shoot with a scope the steadier your aim... so all the players KNOW inside a week that you just have to fire into the air through the scope 20 times... or whatever number of times you need to gain Scope Steady Aim = (01),  then the scope cross-hairs wont move so much when you sight for the next shot.

This is how computers work - call it Skill, Profession, Attribute, Level.. call it whatever you like ..  it is still called "grinding" by games fans. I am so so so so PLEASED to be OUT of that..

And I am totally PLEASED to be out of linear or plotted games with their INEVITABLE rooms. It is brilliant to have no triggers to game events (a game event is, - well.. you ALL KNOW already .. for instance "what do you have to do in GTA to get a police helicopter on your ass?" ). If it's good, you know how to Get it, if its Bad, you know how to Avoid it.

[yes I know you can trigger zombies, but that's only like triggering falling off a ladder]

The other thing about "skills", of course, is that all the players REALLY SOON know exactly how to grind to get them  -  and THEN they want them LISTED ON SCREEN.. so they can SEE which ones they have.  And they will ultra-complain like Frag if you don't list them visibly, because now they have done the GRIND to get ALL of them, and they need to boast to their friends (and check which they have missed).. And then, official or NOT, that is an "Achievement".. (call it what you like).. and they will kick up Hell to  know that and SEE that.

And so then DayZ has stepped back 20 years in game design.. back to the G O O D - O L D - D A Y S

The text messages "I feel hungry" etc - was a BETTER, & simpler,  interface than the HUD -In my opinion.

Remember back in the Old Games (still in most of the online New Games) when you could calculate (pocket calculator)  the average hit power of your weapon when you had 3 different combat skills at 3 different levels, and your Stamina was 95-100% + Extra Vitamins  and a Medic behind you, and you were talking on an NPC level 17.. ? .. You could COMPLAIN you should statistically have killed him in SIX  hits (7 hits max even with bad luck)  but he killed YOU instead..  LOTS of VERY ANGRY arguments...  nah!  don't go there.  

PLEASE Dont introduce  even one level of skill from level=(0) to level =(1) in ANY ASPECT of DayZ.  - grinding and leveling. nah!  don't go there.

No plotting, no skills or levels or aptitudes

No planned game events, like announcements of Loot Drops at xyz coordinates..  

The heli crash sites are already as far as that should go and plenty players KNOW the parameters and the routs to go to get max possible loot, they DO this  as their day in-game... those guys do NOT "unexpectedly" stumble across a crashed heli..

No trade zones, No KOS/PvP zones..   ya know the drill..

I proposed a method to slow down, seriously discourage,  server hoppers who stay in one high loot area (barracks, airfield towers) and hop for loot.
That high-loot-hopper discouragement is as much as I personally am prepared to stand for to "weight" the game in any way.. And no one picked up on the idea anyway. 

I HOPE this explains why I am so INCOHERENT - and why it takes a whole essay to begin to explain something that to ME seems so Obvious..

I guess some PLAYERS think dayZ is a whole "world" that was always just there online existing for no reason, not "created", just THERE since time began,  and one day they wandered in and found it .. (that's like total immersion, right, Alice through the Looking glass, heheh.. you don't even notice it was MADE)
It is an artifact built by creative & hardworking people with abilities and training and experience in design, decision, and software - AND a love of gaming.. most of them HAVE that. It takes thought to design it and work to change it. It was made partly to Avoid cheap fast repetitive thrills, and it was made partly to Avoid grinding.  So what is it FOR ? - well -  You can look up the history of how and why it evolved if you like.

This game is great - I REALLY don't want to KNOW in ADVANCE what is going to happen next and how to deal with it, except by having personal experience of the game and using my own wits "as if" in real life.... (what is the percentage chance of getting ill drinking unclean water - (the PERCENTAGE? - I really DONT want to know, I only need to know from in-game experience there is SOME CHANCE..). so I don't reverse engineer the game, even to check the zombie hit/damage odds, or bullet flight path accuracy, etc.. I just PLAY it. 

And that, friend, also explains why I am not a Modder - I appreciate what they do - but i am not EVER going to go back into one of those "how does this play out & what can we do about it"  meetings ever again, because I paid my dues in there. LOL.   I wander round experimental, I'm LAX.. it's a game, it's time off.. but if I notice something repeatable I cant help spending an hour or so just doing that and logging on/off several times & doing it again, all the combinations of it I can think of  ...  In the comments you CAN easily SPOT the one or two people who are in the Trade.. One or two are very GOOD at annotating experimental glitches. Kudos to them.

For some reason I want to explain this stuff to people who are not in the Trade..

Guess I'm on a loser from the start, right?  -  But I hope this page answers your question. I do TRY to be direct and simple, AND I have a sense of English humor.. OK.

I don't mean any harm, I don't bear grudges, I don't insult folk unless they insult me first, and I hope JUST  a line or two somewhere will stick in someone's head and give them Light Joy Understanding, Great Ideas, and hope for the Future.

Online gaming has ONLY JUST STARTED - less than half a generation ago - To be ABSOLUTELY SERIOUS, this new media SHALL change the world over the next 50-200 years. Wish I could be around another 100 years to see it and influence it (with these long ironic philosopico-technical posts - YES !!) ..  we ARE only at the start, don't let world-big-money take it over, they will EAT your heads and leave you with pay-to-play husks instead of Minds.

xxP - thanks for asking dude, I apologize for being obscure. - Power to you. 

Edited by pilgrim*
~
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

22 hours ago, sneakydude said:

This is good, for adult people only 18+

This is actually pretty funny, but it also reveals certain truths. I don't know if this is satire or not, but here are my thoughts;

This particular KOS-player has a point in his argument, but the rhetoric is also incredibly childish and something I'd expect from a 14 year old gamer and not a full-grown man. This character need to be told "it's only a game" a hell of a lot more than the milsim-farmville-simulator advocate who wants meaningful player interaction and more depth to the game. 

I think this guy pretty much sums up what most of the people who argue for a more challenging game, where KOS should not be a viable strategy for surviving / thriving within DayZ, is referring to when they claim KOS is cancer. It is not about being allowed or able to KOS. It is about how easily accessible it is, and how it is not only an effective way of staying alive (kill or be killed) but also a shortcut to survival (steal other player's acquired loot). 

We should not have to list ways of how the game could be made more challenging in such a way, or why shooting someone on sight in e.g. an infected-infested area of Chernarus would and should be severely tactically disadvantageous. This has been explored in great depth already. Those who still do not understand this "thesis" ... well... I guess all hope is lost. In my opinion, this should be blatantly obvious to anyone with a creative and imaginative brain. 

Edited by Vattenlarv
  • Beans 1

33 minutes ago, Vattenlarv said:

..//..

" I was all screwed up on DayZ until I got Moral Philosophy, now I'm all screwed up on Moral Philosophy ! "
.. I hear the background music..  shouldn't it end with a female choir humming a sad old spiritual ? 

Edited by pilgrim*
~ DayZ theme tune

8 hours ago, Vattenlarv said:

This is actually pretty funny, but it also reveals certain truths. I don't know if this is satire or not, but here are my thoughts;

This particular KOS-player has a point in his argument, but the rhetoric is also incredibly childish and something I'd expect from a 14 year old gamer and not a full-grown man. This character need to be told "it's only a game" a hell of a lot more than the milsim-farmville-simulator advocate who wants meaningful player interaction and more depth to the game. 

I think this guy pretty much sums up what most of the people who argue for a more challenging game, where KOS should not be a viable strategy for surviving / thriving within DayZ, is referring to when they claim KOS is cancer. It is not about being allowed or able to KOS. It is about how easily accessible it is, and how it is not only an effective way of staying alive (kill or be killed) but also a shortcut to survival (steal other player's acquired loot). 

We should not have to list ways of how the game could be made more challenging in such a way, or why shooting someone on sight in e.g. an infected-infested area of Chernarus would and should be severely tactically disadvantageous. This has been explored in great depth already. Those who still do not understand this "thesis" ... well... I guess all hope is lost. In my opinion, this should be blatantly obvious to anyone with a creative and imaginative brain. 

Its staged comedy. I do like how he put it together though. So many truths in it though, just the way he sorta expressed the fact, you will be hunted or be hunter. You just cant trust anyone who says "Hey i am friendly"

Ill be the last on your video, all tied up in a dress, that's for sure.

On 13/09/2018 at 8:26 AM, pilgrim* said:

Then kill the big guy on the first floor before he can press the alarm. He has the keys to his safe in his pocket - In the safe is a Luger and a mil Pass to get into SE Airport. If he presses the alarm a heli gunship with a searchlight turns up and starts shooting the windows, & the two guys come up from downstairs. If you kill him before he sounds the alarm the open channel announces the time of the next SE landing. You have 15 mins to get down there before the special arms-shipment  heli crashes on the airport runway.   If you open the fire-station back door a crowd of zombies rush in, so leave by the front door, crawl in the dark, avoid the guards who say "Still quiet. Nothing to report." or kill them. Take care there are no other players around doing the same thing.

I must say I'm impressed. This post of yours is coherent and properly follows all the rules. Your capitalization is correct and you don't embolden, underline, itallicize or capitalize random words. Maybe you missed a coma or two, but all in all you get your punctuation right and you end your sentences with one period only. What's far more important, you didn't use even one <> bracket, as if you understood that these have no place in regular conversations.

Moreover, your writing is clear and easy to follow. The sentences are linked to each other in a logical, linear way, and I didn't scratch my head or squint even once. None of your statements are overly pretentious or far-fetched hyperboles or otherwise hilariously out of place.

So far, I've thought that you're simply unable to communicate properly in written language, either due to a learning disorder or the fact that you're 16 and are going through an <<<X-tremly! REBELIUZ*!!* FaaaZe!!!>>>. But now I'm sure that the power of writing is in your heart. I think it's your first post like that, but I sure hope it's not the last. Keep it up!

• Haha 1
  • Beans 2

19 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

I must say I'm impressed. This post of yours is coherent and properly follows all the rules. Your capitalization is correct and you don't embolden, underline, itallicize or capitalize random words. Maybe you missed a coma or two, but all in all you get your punctuation right and you end your sentences with one period only. What's far more important, you didn't use even one <> bracket, as if you understood that these have no place in regular conversations.

Moreover, your writing is clear and easy to follow. The sentences are linked to each other in a logical, linear way, and I didn't scratch my head or squint even once. None of your statements are overly pretentious or far-fetched hyperboles or otherwise hilariously out of place.

So far, I've thought that you're simply unable to communicate properly in written language, either due to a learning disorder or the fact that you're 16 and are going through an <<<X-tremly! REBELIUZ*!!* FaaaZe!!!>>>. But now I'm sure that the power of writing is in your heart. I think it's your first post like that, but I sure hope it's not the last. Keep it up!

No really, dude Im a Tecnnical Author see ??  Until I decided rock climbing was more fun I wore a Rolex and a Pierre Cardin Tie to earn the sAME income (call it KEB) as The Brit Prime minister, for what I wrote - and I cant be EFFFED to follow RULES when I'm off Duty.. whiich is what I said like =SAID= in the last post except using different words .. go read Wittgenstein & Chomsky & learn how to design sound filters using laplace transforms on TI 32020 processors, join a games Company and work for Hewlett-Packard  & do Philips tech PR  in your spare time (for fun & kicks.. have polite conversations on the Tech Future of Europe with Sub--Ministers etc.. get free passes to conventions because of your ability to use WORDS )  & like it or Dont - this is MY language -  follow iffn ya can - thanks for the 9 out of 10 been there seen it dun it effed it Ate it...  have some BEANZ mate and a happy life..   advice = Avid being DRAb & KOS clichés, they get you brain-stilt (yo understand that = "you get a stilted brain"=)  - If ya write like that it means you think like that - so you JUST TRY to be multi faceted or we aint NEVER going to make it   ..  I <guess> you meant it,  so I wont be unkind : THANX

- you think maybe I should ignore or deride players who are HERE to COMMUNICATE but don't have a special qualification in it ?  I try to understand them - I hear them, I work it out to understand them. I take the time.  I don't give half a roadkill-mongoose where they put their commas, long as it ain't up my @ss. I'm just a guy passing in the street, same as the next.. I don't think I'm better OR worse or smarter or dumber than anyone else.  End of story.

.. got it ?

xxP

Edited by pilgrim*
=zero=
  • Beans 2