Sign in to follow this  
OkruT

0.63 exp review after 1650 hours in dayz

I know you know dayz is dead

but maybe some day...

after 2 hours of testing 0.63 experimental  i ve uninstaled this bs right away...

This is some kind of joke?

Nice i can drink and run now !

So after 4 years of development we have new movement system broken as always:

1. Same bugs in "NEW" inventory and new clunky ones

2. zombies are bugged as always

3. you can't jump

4. you can't prone

5. stamina system without vehicles is a joke especialy when you have a lot of stuff

6. impossible to have 2 bigger weapons now because you can't run

7. you can use pump and rottate around and you can do it with other animations - funny stuff

8. when you rottate your head you can see inside textures - it's so f hard to correct camera height after some years?

I'm sure with some more time i can write a book with more broken, not finished, bugged stuff in this "game".

For a plus is:

i see a lot of nice work on a map

graphical issues have beed fixed like flickering textures

better night lighting so you can't just turn on brightness on max and run like at a day without colors

Edited by OkruT
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, OkruT said:

4. you can't prone

You can since the very first stress test.

Hold C ( love the intuitive controls tho ). 

Overall mostly u just wrote about "work in progress" stuff that is in development or gonna be changed.. 
When do ppl start understanding that its Alpha Version ? Its like saying to an paint artist that his painting is shit even all he drew is just first brush.

Edited by exacomvm

Well, if you would spent 10 minutes once on listening devs, you'd know what to expect from first experimental. There is A LOT of sources that can explain to you why its like this. Fe. DayZ.com/experimental and https://dayz.com/blog/0-63-stress-tests

+ More than a half of what you said in this post is total BS. 

Edited by Vernon_Price

Dude, go and read about what an Alpha version means. Then do some research on the actual development before you start complaining about a stress test version that was just put on experimental branch of a game in Alpha

1650 hours in the game and probably 0 hours on the forum or you would have maybe understood the phase the game is in right now.

7 hours ago, nl said:

1650 hours in the game and probably 0 hours on the forum or you would have maybe understood the phase the game is in right now.

yes i understood the PHASE - same phase like 4 years ago - good job - keep it up !

Adapt, or die. 

You can go prone. Jump or "vault" is automatic right now until proper animations are implemented. You can carry 2 "big" weapons", but this isn't PUBG or Fortnite, it's a more mature games where most kids seem to cry and whine a lot...  You get heavy, you have less stamina, simple. Adapt, or die.

0.63 is the game in what is essentially a completely new engine, as far as I've been able to tell during development this is not only a completely new renderer, but also animation engine. More or less a lot of things have to be redone completely from scratch so while the graphics and game performance are worlds ahead of what they use to be, certain features are missing or not completely implemented.

I can understand how some people can see this as one step forward and two steps back, and I know it's a bit of a 'meme' to say it now but just give it a bit more time before coming to strong opinions about certain elements.

No point getting into the "DayZ is dead!" vs "it's Alpha!" debate again.  I'll check back once I hear it's finished.

• Beans 1

On 6/18/2018 at 2:53 AM, bfisher said:

No point getting into the "DayZ is dead!" vs "it's Alpha!" debate again.  I'll check back once I hear it's finished.

Ditto. The average person usually doesn't like to test a game for four years and continually be told that "X is coming soon!"

"Oh shit guys X isn't coming soon our bad...but hey now you can starve to death super fast! (or insert useless game-breaking addon here)"

Ya'll got that shit on LD. In the meantime Arma III DayZ Exile for me.

Someone who joined in 2016 wants to complain about bugs lol

This is a major improvement. Not dying from most falls is seriously the greatest thing ever. I have wanted this since the Mod. Same with most of these animation fixes, like moving while doing actions. It really added a bunch to the game.