Baty Alquawen

0.63 Experimental Release

On 15.6.2018 at 4:10 AM, Sharplooter said:

Still the harassment with bobbing in 3rd person view and still no option to turn that consolish crap off. I am still not sure if you want people to join 0.63 or chase away... I tell you a sensational news, some players get motion sick! At the moment there is acutally less head bob in 1st person view than in 3rd person view. That is ridiculous.

Co sign... If anybody of the dev team read this, pls give back the option to turn off the head bob!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, -MadTommy said:

After 6 years.. being told to wait.. and EA game are not for you, the next patch will be amazing... ugggh.  Whatever.

You do realize that there are games that have taken longer than that, right? Also realize that, they can't rush things as the engine they're working on is going to be used in future Bohemia games so it's understandable that they want to take their time and get it right.

1 hour ago, LordBlackwolf said:

You do realize that there are games that have taken longer than that, right? Also realize that, they can't rush things as the engine they're working on is going to be used in future Bohemia games so it's understandable that they want to take their time and get it right.

Haha oh man there are still people pulling the "There are games that took longer to develop!" card. It's 6 (six) years! And DayZ isn't even in beta yet. Close but still not beta. They won't release it in 2018 (Who really trusts in that number anyways?) so it's going to be at least 2019. That makes it 7 years or even 8 who knows? It's BI after all :D Sure we'll get there with DayZ but don't defend that crappy development^^

33 minutes ago, Sarnar said:

Haha oh man there are still people pulling the "There are games that took longer to develop!" card. It's 6 (six) years! And DayZ isn't even in beta yet. Close but still not beta. They won't release it in 2018 (Who really trusts in that number anyways?) so it's going to be at least 2019. That makes it 7 years or even 8 who knows? It's BI after all :D Sure we'll get there with DayZ but don't defend that crappy development^^

Haha oh man there are people still pulling the "We know more about making games than the developers do so we know how long it'll take to actually make the game" card. Crappy development? Let me guess, you're an armchair computer programmer who's been making games for years and knows a lot more about game development than the DayZ developers or anyone at BI? Where's any game you've developed that has the scope of DayZ? I didn't think so..

• Beans 3

Fortnite was in development for 7 years (since 2011-2012). And it doesn't even have half the complexity of DayZ's scripting difficulty.  Just as a matter of fact for every kid crying around here. Grow up...

• Beans 7

3 hours ago, SouthUS said:

Fortnite was in development for 7 years (since 2011-2012). And it doesn't even have half the complexity of DayZ's scripting difficulty.  Just as a matter of fact for every kid crying around here. Grow up...

I can't say better than you man! Good reflexion

• Beans 1

Whenever I try to join a server, it says connection failed. Why? I've verified my files and everything, did the experimental update, still can't play in stress test servers. Any help?

When you play the experimental update, you don't play the stress test servers. You have to find the servers that says "Experimental/Unstable" at the end. 

Also, to get all of them easier just tick the box that says "Proper version" in the filter menu.

And just to check you've done everything okay. Make sure to go to DayZ's Properties in Steam-> BETAS -> have it on: experimental - Unstable testing version.

Good luck! @Supman911

9 hours ago, Supman911 said:

Whenever I try to join a server, it says connection failed. Why? I've verified my files and everything, did the experimental update, still can't play in stress test servers. Any help?

Stress test servers are showing up in the list.  You may be choosing one of them instead of the experimental servers

On 16.6.2018 at 5:17 PM, LordBlackwolf said:

Vigor (seems inspired by Escape from Tarkov)

by Bohemia Interactive

based on Unreal Engine 4 (Epic)

XBox exclusive

Nothing more to say...

Edited by Sharplooter

38 minutes ago, Sharplooter said:

Vigor (seems inspired by Escape from Tarkov)

by Bohemia Interactive

based on Unreal Engine 4 (Epic)

XBox exclusive

Nothing more to say...

What are you on about? Is this some jab at BI for making another game on a third party engine?

Arma4 which is in dev is gonna use Enfusion. Arma has a large player base, and people are chomping at the bit for more info on Arma 4 right now.

Unreal sucks as far as big instances and tons of players running around. Thats why Vigor has low player count. Looks interesting though. Just because they licensed another companies tech doesn't mean squat. 

BI is in the business to make money, and if they want to use an engine that works well for most applications then they can. Why not use an engine that is documented and has tech support already? Dayz on the other hand is a different beast, with a lot more going on under the hood. 

Nothing more to say. Weak argument at best.

• Beans 1

Um, the standalone didn't start development 6 years ago. The mod started on Arma 2 six years ago.

Get your facts straight. No one has been waiting for DayZ standalone for 6 years.

December 16, 2013 - that's the release date of the standalone. So, the standalone is 4.5 years in development.

*Grumbles like cantankerous old man*

/insert salt, hold the sugar

• Beans 6

Are we able to find stones any more for crafting the knife?  Or pick berries off bushes?  

You can only find stones on the new hike-trails and you need 2 stones for a stoneknife.

Berries and their bushes are not yet at 0.63 at the moment.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Get your facts straight. No one has been waiting for DayZ standalone for 6 years.

December 16, 2013 - that's the release date of the standalone. So, the standalone is 4.5 years in development.

Let's not forget that they re-wrote most of the scripts if not everything for 0.63 with the new engine. God knows when they started, so the development years might be even less than that.

• Beans 2

Ran for about 4+ hours with Gary, Art, and Fing today.

My client ran pretty well but it seemed the server we were on was restarting in strange intervals (looked like some kind of admin restarts).

After meeting up with Gary and finding some starter gear, we began a Northward course only to find we were being chased by "KoS da Clown".Gary saw him stalking us so we stopped and allowed him to catch up. When I saw his Payday mask, my first instinct was to shoot but instead we spoke. He raised his hands and tried to say "friendly" and we asked him if he needed anything. I guess he quickly grew tired of the rouse and pulled out an MP-5 and started spraying at Gary. He quickly emptied his partially loaded magazine and rushed him with an axe, I then took a few shots at him with a Makarov but Gary simply felled him with an axe blow, and it was over almost as soon as it started.

9VKx9Iq.jpg

We eventually met up with Art and Fing and after looting a military location we thought we might look for medical spawns to get IV start kits and morphine. We did some infected slaughtering at the base after some server restarts set us back and then went to a nearby town and continued to kill infected. Though Gary survived KoS da clown, he got surrounded by infected and lost his life....

8ScNc83.jpg

RIP

xGnpwjX.jpg

Fing gathered his gear and stashed it for him to retrieve after respawn.

Not long after that, we heard gunfire from the town below.

KzfWp6P.jpg

"Was that a legit firefight or were they trying to bait us down into town?"

After leaving town I accompanied Art and Fing partially on their way to meet IMT and then shortly before they met him I logged off.

Keep pushing builds and I'll keep pushing "I Understand.", thanks devs!

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 1
  • Beans 5

Hi,

Played yesterday and it was fine... Hoever today I'm getting kicked by batleye... Think I'm not the only one as I see many players being disconnected before me...

Any advice ?

when i was playing the stress it was running great. first day of experimental 90-120 frames super smooth , but after this 36 mb update its playing and running like it always has for me with constant micro stutters fromsastill at 90-120 changed all the settings in video .. its always played like this for me on 3 different computers , anyone else having this issue ?I was having so much fun playing it stutter free:( 

Not seeing any of the issues related above. 

sneaking past the dozens of Zs in Gorka, came across a trail of dead Zs and then a dead player, then a few more dead Zs then another dead player, then in the Police station hooked up with another player and asked him if he killed everyone he said killed who? So I showed him. Lol Centeral gorka was a blood bath, I must have missed it by about 10 minutes.

The day before I met someone in pelona and we played for a bit but my gear started glitching. He said I had a pair of boots in my hands and on my feet I saw neither but never got the sore feet message either. When I relogged I could not get back on the full server.

I cant join any exp. server. whether the UK nor the DE servers... none of them

Connection failed...

any ideas?

EDIT: Ok we just had an update...thats why..

Edited by Funkdoc

Currently getting kicked by BattleEye from every server I join.  Might this be related to the update this morning/last night?
If so, when can we see a resolution to allow us to join servers?

Anyone know what the update consisted of? anything new? some tweaks and fixes im sure.

2 minutes ago, lord3n said:

Anyone know what the update consisted of? anything new? some tweaks and fixes im sure.

If you're referring to today's stress test update it's mostly fixes for crashes and memory leaks, I played a bit today and didn't notice any obvious changes.  Possibly some minor loot distribution changes (but I can't verify that as it might also just be bad luck...) but I didn't see any new items as compared to last build.

17 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

If you're referring to today's stress test update it's mostly fixes for crashes and memory leaks, I played a bit today and didn't notice any obvious changes.  Possibly some minor loot distribution changes (but I can't verify that as it might also just be bad luck...) but I didn't see any new items as compared to last build.

Thanks for the reply. I think i read in their last official bi-weekly progress report that they were going to be implementing new things like disease, or temperature, and some other things in the coming weeks. (i could be wrong, might be other features instead of disease, etc) but im looking forward to it. Having a great time with .63 and know that now the game has finally been revamped (the right decision IMHO) we should be getting updates regularly with all the content that makes DayZ, DayZ. Going to be fun through 2018 finally getting to see the game come together.

• Beans 1