Baty Alquawen

0.63 Experimental Release

18 hours ago, NotRacistAtAll said:

1. Started the game. Crashed.
2. Started the game again. Good old fullscreen offset... Crash.
3. Started the game. Selected server. Queue moves weirdly fast, 4, 3, 2, 1, I'm back to servers list. Unable to join any server. "connect" button does nothing.
4. Restarted the game. Crashed.
5. Started the game. Same problem as in step 3.

Who ever is having these issues, remove the all the DayZ related folders from your Documents files(keep the logs if you wanna send them to the devs tho). It fixed the problem for me.

Good luck!

Played for a few hours yesterday.

I had 0 crashes and client and server performance seemed solid.

After a bad start with my first character, and getting sniped with my second character, I was able to get inland and get some gear and supplies.

I'm personally looking forward to the reintroduction of more survival elements, and hope they are close to being implemented.

• Beans 3

I've got a buddy that's just trying 0.63 for the first time. Is there a good video explaining the new user interface? (interacting with items, crafting, equipping items, etc) 

the best way: meet your buddy in one place and show it to him. It works exactly the same as in the 0.62 with the difference: the crafting actions only work in the manual slot (combine) or directly in the mainview with sighting of the objects. (you have a knife in your hand and look at the t-shirt on the floor, it will show the option Hold LMB to make Rags.)

1 hour ago, Sqeezorz said:

the best way: meet your buddy in one place and show it to him. It works exactly the same as in the 0.62 with the difference: the crafting actions only work in the manual slot (combine) or directly in the mainview with sighting of the objects. (you have a knife in your hand and look at the t-shirt on the floor, it will show the option Hold LMB to make Rags.)

This won't work because he can't see my inventory. I'd be verbally explaining which I can do via text. This is why I was looking for a video..... 

There's a ton of videos out there, created by players, that shows how to perform actions.  Or, you could just watch any number of streamers play and figure it out.

20 minutes ago, Raptor97 said:

80 players or 60 players on exp. servers?

Yesterday I also saw servers with 60 to 80/60 values. I thought it shows you so the "waiting loop".

So broken. It's so much worse that pre-0.62.

Server List doesn't tell you why it can't connect to a Low server.

Can't even get Apples from trees now.

Can't look around. Key binds are broken.

Zombies going right through closed doors AGAIN.

Have I time travelled 18 months into the past?

How can the Devs possibly be proud of this release?

:(

Bloody ridiculous. 

Edited by quatermass

There is a saying: "Don't let a bad day make you feel like you have a bad life". - It makes a little bit of sense in your scenario aswell.

You can have great experiences with the current version, while on the other side you can encounter all the bad things at once and think this is such a bad game, how could they be proud of it...etc.

It is a good start, I've had such good experiences and interactions since they released experimental. I've had issues aswell but the good parts balanced the experience.

5 hours ago, boggle said:

I've got a buddy that's just trying 0.63 for the first time. Is there a good video explaining the new user interface? (interacting with items, crafting, equipping items, etc) 

have him watch you play on steam, have him click on watch game in friends list, and then you can show him how to do things . 

54 minutes ago, quatermass said:

So broken. It's so much worse that pre-0.62.

Server List doesn't tell you why it can't connect to a Low server.

Can't even get Apples from trees now.

Can't look around. Key binds are broken.

Zombies going right through closed doors AGAIN.

Have I time travelled 18 months into the past?

How can the Devs possibly be proud of this release?

:(

Bloody ridiculous. 

If you had read the status reports, you'd know that apples are no longer found on trees. They're now found on the ground next to them but not every tree will have one.

Pressing alt (default key on pc) allows you to look around.

They have mentioned that there's currently collision detection problems with the infected and that they'll fix them eventually but you'd know this if you had read status reports.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 3

Does the apple actually spawn under it's tree ? or is there a bug ? I search alot but couldn't find any apple or food even out side the shores , food scarcity compared to 0.62 is extreme .

Ive just come back after a very long break, and I gotta say I'm very impressed with the visual improvements, and all the stuff ive been trying out in this beta, especially the new melee system and the way finding apples is really immersive now. Forests look absolutely stunning to walk through.

Im having 2 issues though, Im not sure where to find an improvised stone knife anymore, and the UI is confusing, I dont know when my stomach is full or water is max etc.. Is there somewhere I could get a rundown of how the new UI functions? Cheers

• Beans 1

3 minutes ago, Salty seadog said:

Ive just come back after a very long break, and I gotta say I'm very impressed with the visual improvements, and all the stuff ive been trying out in this beta, especially the new melee system and the way finding apples is really immersive now. Forests look absolutely stunning to walk through.

Im having 2 issues though, Im not sure where to find an improvised stone knife anymore, and the UI is confusing, I dont know when my stomach is full or water is max etc.. Is there somewhere I could get a rundown of how the new UI functions? Cheers

Stones are found on the hiking trails and are objects on the ground, no spam searching.

There is no penalties tied to stomach capacity currently so you can drink until the up arrows stop and you'll be full on liquids but still be able to eat.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Beans 1

13 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Stones are found on the hiking trails and are objects on the ground, no spam searching.

There is no penalties tied to stomach capacity currently so you can drink until the up arrows stop and you'll be full on liquids but still be able to eat.

Ahh ok, so they are like the apples, you just gotta look out for them, thats pretty cool how they've done that.

Thats good to know, Im off to drink some pond water, thanks!

• Beans 1

4 hours ago, Raptor81 said:

Does the apple actually spawn under it's tree ? or is there a bug ? I search alot but couldn't find any apple or food even out side the shores , food scarcity compared to 0.62 is extreme .

It's not a bug, that's how it works now. No more searching for apples in trees or stones on the ground as they now physically spawn. Apple trees will spawn apples and if you can't find any, then most likely someone may have already taken them. As Biohaze mentioned, stones currently only spawn on the nature trails so you'll have to search them in order to find a stone.

Urgggh!

Can't set keybinds or they dont work... cant tell.  Even some of the default ones don't work. Can't toggle walk, for example.  Doesn't recognise the buttons on my mouse other than 1&2, juts calls them all 'mouse button' and they do nothing.  my 1st 20 attempts to get on a server, got 'failed to connect' message.   When i did get in a server after 40mins got booted back to menu loosing all progression.  This happened on the only two times i was able to connect, unplayable.

Has trackir support been removed?

All very disappointing and really sad.   Game is unplayable for me without working controls.

EDIT:  is there saving progression in 'off-line' mode.  is there some kind on local hive?  

Edited by -MadTommy

While I was able to play stresstest without any problems I now receive a lot of badmodule errors. 

29 minutes ago, -MadTommy said:

All very disappointing and really sad. 

Still I do not agree with you, it's experimental. Wait for stable if you cant stand bugs and flaws.

9 minutes ago, Suleli said:

Still I do not agree with you, it's experimental. Wait for stable if you cant stand bugs and flaws.

After 6 years.. being told to wait.. and EA game are not for you, the next patch will be amazing... ugggh.  Whatever.

• Beans 1

34 minutes ago, -MadTommy said:

After 6 years.. being told to wait.. and EA game are not for you, the next patch will be amazing... ugggh.  Whatever.

Yeah, it's done when it's done..Sure, the development is damn slow, but i have learned to not "wait".

There are plenty of other things to do out there, hop in from time to time, check out if it reached a level of progression you need to enjoy the game.

If not, come back later. We can not influence the pace. So why should we bother that much?

• Sad 1
  • Beans 1

Placing Fireplace has become very frustrating. The preplace view is good, but even if you can place it, you often get the message "Can not, its not safe".

It is almost impossible in the rain to find a place in the wild to make a fire.

Rocks are stopping you.

World objects are stopping you.

A tilt of the ground prevents you from doing so.

At the moment this is not a problem, but with the influences of the environment it will be very "unrealistic" and thus very frustrating. I hope that the placements are WIP and become morest tolerant. (in 0.62 it was not easy but okay)

Edited by Sqeezorz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

Placing Fireplace has become very frustrating. The preplace view is good, but even if you can place it, you often get the message "Can not, its not safe".

It is almost impossible in the rain to find a place in the wild to make a fire.

Rocks are stopping you.

World objects are stopping you.

A tilt of the ground prevents you from doing so.

At the moment this is not a problem, but with the influences of the environment it will be very "unrealistic" and thus very frustrating. I hope that the placements are still tolerant. (in 0.62 it was not easy but okay)

I can see this being a very easy implementation of adding the conditions of lighting the fire to placing it instead. With the "hologram" turning green when it's in a spot that can be ignited while it being white meaning it can't but it can still be placed (no collision).

53 minutes ago, DannyDog said:

I can see this being a very easy implementation of adding the conditions of lighting the fire to placing it instead. With the "hologram" turning green when it's in a spot that can be ignited while it being white meaning it can't but it can still be placed (no collision).

If the meaning behind it is that a "simple fire place" is not treated the same as a "Stonecircle Fireplace" or the even safer "Stoneoven" then I fully agree with you.