Baty Alquawen

0.63 Experimental Release

Dear Survivors,

today, we are releasing the DayZ 0.63 Update to the Experimental branch! With this update, you’ll be able to experience some of the key engine changes brought to DayZ. Developing this new technology backbone for the game took the better part of the past 4 years in Early Access, and we’re very happy that we can finally let everyone play what we call “the new DayZ”.

For more information, check out this article.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 15

Awesome!

I may not get to try it out until later but I'm excited to do so.

Thanks!

• Beans 3

I stumbled across a very nasty bug. I was stuck and blocking wasn't working... see for yourself:

• Beans 1

So it's on experimental already but we're still unable to rebind controls? Great!

• Beans 1

Is there any difference (feature wise) between the last stress test and this experimental release?

8 minutes ago, JBURNS489 said:

Is there any difference (feature wise) between the last stress test and this experimental release?

From my playing a couple hours today. Doesn't appear to be any different from the last couple stress test.

1. Started the game. Crashed.
2. Started the game again. Good old fullscreen offset... Crash.
3. Started the game. Selected server. Queue moves weirdly fast, 4, 3, 2, 1, I'm back to servers list. Unable to join any server. "connect" button does nothing.
4. Restarted the game. Crashed.
5. Started the game. Same problem as in step 3.

3. Started the game. Selected server. Queue moves weirdly fast, 4, 3, 2, 1, I'm back to servers list. Unable to join any server. "connect" button does nothing.

quiet the same here 
also some connection failed after selecting server
i guess i´ll wait a bit

Edited by wud

Certain servers sent me into a queue that seems to stop at "1" and not continue.  I had connection failed a few times but low pop servers seemed to connect with no problem.  So maybe there's something with the queue or full servers. Restarting steam seemed to help on two occasions, though maybe that was just dumb luck - I can't say.

edit:  Also something else I noticed:  that weird bug again where players who are not in my Steam Friends list seem to show up when I select the Friends Playing checkbox in the server browser.    If one friend is on the server then a whole bunch of random names show up too.

Edited by GaryWalnuts

@GaryWalnuts Had this happening to me in the latest stresstests too .. didn´t report it tho´

1 hour ago, NotRacistAtAll said:

I am having the exact same issue!

If anyone knows how to make it work...let us know, please. Thanks!

1 hour ago, NotRacistAtAll said:

same for me :)

On top of that, sometimes when I connect, the queue does indeed move weirdly from number to number then instead of the number, it says "Dialog text", after that I get a "Bad Module" crash.

2 hours ago, wud said:

quiet the same here 
also some connection failed after selecting server
i guess i´ll wait a bit

if you open your game with the stress_test version its normal go in steam/rightclickonDayZ/proporties/beta/ click on experimental and then open the game and try it Its work for me:).

I was lunching the game with the stress test version dans ive tried to join a experimental one

7 hours ago, Maxzymator said:

So it's on experimental already but we're still unable to rebind controls? Great!

I was able to change controls fine earlier today on experimental . When changing them note that the menus themselves have changed , requiring more “apply” and “ok” than ever before ... check carefully if you are actually pressing those buttons to exit the menus otherwise the changes won’t stick .

• Beans 2

Still the harassment with bobbing in 3rd person view and still no option to turn that consolish crap off. I am still not sure if you want people to join 0.63 or chase away... I tell you a sensational news, some players get motion sick! At the moment there is acutally less head bob in 1st person view than in 3rd person view. That is ridiculous.

Checklist says that enviroment exposure is postponed and to-do...thats bad

Just looted for 3 hours, was fighting one zombie, game crashed and was dead when I logged back on. Sweet!

Stress tests was running fine, now this game just turns off automatically on exp ( crashes ).

9 hours ago, blackberrygoo said:

I was able to change controls fine earlier today on experimental . When changing them note that the menus themselves have changed , requiring more “apply” and “ok” than ever before ... check carefully if you are actually pressing those buttons to exit the menus otherwise the changes won’t stick .

Have you tried to reassign stand up/crouch/prone controls? Have you tried to assign toggle raise weapon?

• Beans 1

it´s waaaaay better now
still occasional disconnects but nothing unexpected from experimental