Evilsausage

This is geting silly

3 hours ago, Parazight said:

Welcome to the internet in the 21st century gentlemen!  Forums were created to talk about things! Deal!

What debate?  It's fine to critique something, but that's not happening.  It's just whining without backing up your statements.  Debate infers using facts, evidence and logic to back up the stance you take on an issue.  All to often, it's the equivalent of saying "hey, you have an ugly baby" and then getting upset when people call you out on your asshattery.  If you have the right to complain, then I have the right to explain to you why your posts sucks.

If you're going to engage in forum-pvp then at least stop shooting blanks.  Stop trying to shoot people with subjective hyperbole and whining about the game while not providing any constructive feedback whatsoever.

If anything its the hardcore DayZ defenders that has no valid arguments and has a bit of a hostile tone.
I mean in your case your being a bit of a twat and a grammar nazi. What are you so offended by? Where is the equivalent of telling someone they have an ugly kid?

I wasn’t making a post where I raged about DayZs dev team and calling them various things.
No I simply stated that its becoming a bit silly with all these delays. What facts do you find lacking? DayZs Beta release was supposed to happen like six months ago. DayZ has had delays after delays, that alone are facts that DayZs development hasn’t exactly gone smooth.
What facts do you expect me to provide? Inside information behind the development of the game?
The fact that some people get so hostile and claim that its the equivalent of telling someone they have an ugly kid is maybe overreacting a bit…

3 hours ago, Parazight said:

lolwut.  Well, I guess my kids wont be going to school in Sweden then.  

Effective communication and analysis is considered practical in many parts of the world.

Communication is like one of the most important part of game development and analyses are still being used, but in a more practical form.
Yes it can be useful to write analysis of games. But just like in art, you can study and write papers until you bleed out of your arsehole but it won’t make you picasso.
You actually have do things practically, you can’t just read a manual on how to use Maya or Zbrush and then become a pro.
The best way to learn is by actually creating shit, while getting help/feedback from teachers and classmates.

• Like 1

I have no idea why you think I'm being hostile.  Maybe you read it that way but it's pretty far from accurate.  I'm sorry if I made you upset.  Please refrain from calling me a twat and a nazi.

• Haha 1

Not sure all this mucking is any value, like I said, it is both an amazing long dev cycle, and just as amazingly, not given up on it and delivering in a major way right now.

48 minutes ago, PongoZ said:

Not sure all this mucking is any value, like I said, it is both an amazing long dev cycle, and just as amazingly, not given up on it and delivering in a major way right now.

You pretty much nailed it.  We all know that DayZ has had delays.  Over the past year, they have been pretty upfront about the delays and the reasons for the delays.  Most of the past six months of status reports were basically saying "we have a lot of animations to redo in the new player controller, here is some other stuff we are working on which you won't see for at least few months.  Still working on animations, here are some more new things for the future.  Look, we have some cool new animations ready to show you, yeah they are still a bit messed up, as is most of the other new shit."

But now they are delivering the new work for us to test.  I'm sorry if other people don't agree, but we are kinda past the point of complaining about timeline, first since it's been going on so long by now, and more importantly, because we are starting to see the finished product.
It definitely makes a lot more sense to discuss the new features, rather than the past delays.

I'm more excited than frustrated, and don't understand why other people aren't too, at this point. 

Getting silly? It was already silly a long time ago.

Bohemia Interactive has just shared their updated DayZ roadmap for 2016. Next year, the game is scheduled to fully release on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One; here’s what you can expect to see in terms of updates [...]

Q4 2015

Animal companions

Steam community integration

Construction (base building)

BETA version, expected price 34,99 EUR / 43,99 USD

"Sooner than folks think!"

I think that Bohemia would be the first to admit that they did not expect DayZ to still be in alpha in 2018 and that this game's development hasn't been silky smooth.  Missing roadmap goals by years doesn't mean they haven't been working hard on this game, but biting off more they could chew was a mistake in the first place. Releasing in such an unfinished state and publicly setting unrealistic goals is where the silly comes in.

"Technology can break you.. And I mean that literally, because after the experience with DayZ, you very early find out that if your original design is not aligned with the technology you have at the start of the early access, and you have to have large, sweeping changes in the technology that you have to make the game possible, it's probably not a good idea to start early access. So I really suggest that you have your base tech at the release. During the pre-production, you should really consider the features that you are trying to promote to players—what's the selling point of the game—and if that selling point is dependent on a tech that you don't have, you really shouldn't have that selling point. You're gonna really cry at the end if you do that."

-DayZ Lead Producer Eugene Harton

• Like 3

17 hours ago, -Gews- said:

Missing roadmap goals by years doesn't mean they haven't been working hard on this game, but biting off more they could chew was a mistake in the first place.

I would be fired if I missed my expected delivery dates by years.

Edit: I'm not saying they should be fired at all! Only that the Early Access model offers luxuries I wish I had.

Edited by scriptfactory
  • Beans 2

@OP

If there is anything I have learned on these forums is that, any comment/opinion/thread that isn't rainbows and butterflies about the game and it's developemental staff, is rained down on by cool-aid drinkers, it's best not to have a negative thought/opinion and just nod your head.

On 6/13/2018 at 6:04 PM, Parazight said:

Effective communication and analysis is considered practical in many parts of the world.

.. wha ?