Evilsausage

This is geting silly

So it's summer now... Nearly six months has passed since The beta was supposed to be released. And im guessing it was intended to be released even earlier then that? I mean, I don't think anyone expected  Dayz to not be in beta in june 2018..

Yes there is alot of stuff getting reworked... Still it just seems like nothing in this development is going smooth. 

I myself work in the game industry as a 3d artist. We rely on money from a publisher, we have deadlines and if we fail to deliver... We get no funding and The company is pretty much fucked. 

If Dayz would have gone the same development route. Dayz would have been dead and burried a long time ago. 

I know Dayz is very complex...but there must be something more besides that. 

With that said... I'm still looking forward to Dayz. But my relationship to Dayz is starting to remind a bit of abusive partner that keeps promising things will get better... 

Since i played DayZ mod I have:

Studdied filmhistory & media courses. 

I have worked as a personal assistant for nearly 2 years. 

I starten modding and learned 3d modelling. 

Studdied for 2 years to be become a 3d Artist. 

I have moved 4 Times. 

I have had a 5 year old relationship. 

I have worked in a game company for 1 year. Optimized two games for switch and now im working on a new game. Our  new game is set to be released in less then 2 years. I Wonder if we will be done before Dayz is 1.0...

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

8 minutes ago, Evilsausage said:

The beta was supposed to be released.

As far as I know they said 2018.

9 minutes ago, Evilsausage said:

I don't think anyone expected  Dayz to not be in beta in june 2018.

One for sure, you are one of them.

22 minutes ago, Evilsausage said:

I have moved 4 Times. 

I have worked in a game company for 1 year. Optimized two games for switch and now im working on a new game. Our  new game is set to be released in less then 2 years. I Wonder if we will be done before Dayz is 1.0...

^^You can introduce yourselves here.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 3

What does the company where you work for work with?

I know how you feel but I do have to point out the difference between experimental and stable release. Internally they aimed at experimental in the winter so not the beta release. With that being said, the way they communicated one would thing that experimental would not be far away in 2018. Now it is June and things are finally looking to come around this month but it took longer than expected. I have doubts that 1.0 will actually come this year (hope to be surprised).  Nevertheless 0.63 plays great and is a big step in the right direction and it shows their commitment.

• Beans 1

I've reviewed your discussion topic.  I'm almost curious as to which media courses you've 'studdied'. 

• Beans 1

5 hours ago, Evilsausage said:

Yes there is alot of stuff getting reworked... Still it just seems like nothing in this development is going smooth.

I myself work in the game industry as a 3d artist. We rely on money from a publisher, we have deadlines and if we fail to deliver... We get no funding and The company is pretty much fucked. 

If Dayz would have gone the same development route. Dayz would have been dead and burried a long time ago. 

I know Dayz is very complex...but there must be something more besides that.

Nothing goes smooth in work (game development) ever ;)

Bohemia is independent company, they're the producer, publisher and they collect the money.

Well publishers don't likely step in at the beginning of making a new game engine that's suppose to be very complex and working on both PC and consoles.

DayZ is a huge prototype for the future Bohemia and their games. At the same time they try to deliver modding friendly complex and beautiful game.

I haven't upgraded my CPU because that's how slowly those are developing. I've a feeling that at this rate we will see v1.0 DayZ before I see a reason to do CPU/PC upgrade ;)

On 6/8/2018 at 10:08 PM, St. Jimmy said:

Nothing goes smooth in work (game development) ever ;)

Bohemia is independent company, they're the producer, publisher and they collect the money.

Well publishers don't likely step in at the beginning of making a new game engine that's suppose to be very complex and working on both PC and consoles.

DayZ is a huge prototype for the future Bohemia and their games. At the same time they try to deliver modding friendly complex and beautiful game.

I haven't upgraded my CPU because that's how slowly those are developing. I've a feeling that at this rate we will see v1.0 DayZ before I see a reason to do CPU/PC upgrade ;)

I am more ticked that we didn't invest in dayz but a new engine more then anything. Its too slow... and always will be too slow. Beta will still be alpha with all the bugs.

On 6/8/2018 at 10:37 PM, Evilsausage said:

But my relationship to Dayz is starting to remind a bit of abusive partner that keeps promising things will get better... 

This is not a good comparison now is it?? :) Since you can leave without any eventual threats to your life.

And didn't things get better indeed, since you've played the mod? And isn't the new engine showing at least something to you? Except you have to wait all this time.

We are all waiting as much as you are, someone enjoys the game and it's progress, some clearly don't as if there's nothing else to do in life or just come to places like this to vent out some frustrations. Good that you wrote segments of your progress in life, which is impressive. 

• Haha 1

But my relationship to Dayz is starting to remind a bit of abusive partner that keeps promising things will get better... 

Yea I get it, ur life revolves around Dayz and u spend ur days waiting for Dayz....

I imagine u spend most of ur time in a basement, waiting in a chair in front of a computer with only Dayz installed on it.

How about go outside and talk to girls...or if thats to scary, install another game. I think u will be pleasantly surprised that there is more to life besides waiting for Dayz.

And yes, I agree with the headline...this its getting very silly indeed.

Edited by svisketyggeren

1 hour ago, svisketyggeren said:

Yea I get it, ur life revolves around Dayz and u spend ur days waiting for Dayz....

I imagine u spend most of ur time in a basement, waiting in a chair in front of a computer with only Dayz installed on it.

How about go outside and talk to girls...

Rude.

• Beans 1

DayZ 1.0 is definitely coming.

I work in the industry too, man. My current company has several R&D projects in development at a time. We cut projects early if they aren't making significant progress. But we didn't release a game with the early access model. We don't get paid in advance to make games. And that is OK. It can be frustrating but... eh. It's just a game.

On 08/06/2018 at 10:37 PM, Evilsausage said:

With that said... I'm still looking forward to Dayz. But my relationship to Dayz is starting to remind a bit of abusive partner that keeps promising things will get better... 

Since i played DayZ mod I have:

I have moved 4 Times. 

For one, I fully understand you and think it's perfectly normal to feel this way. Yes, DayZ seems like one long promise that just keeps being broken. And there's something to the analogy with an abusive partner - eventually I learnt to appreciate any crumbs they throw at us ("he didn't hit me yesterday!"), but all in all, I just can't effing forget how in August 2017 beta was "just around the corner" and then we were served 5 months worth of SR with "we are so excited to report progress on ladder climbing!". Sometimes, the content of the SRs seemed to be created in the alternate universe where everything goes according to some 2013 schedule.

A week ago, a friend of mine had a sit-down with me (I swear it looked like a confrontation) and told me that I should be ready for a huge disappointment because DayZ "has a long history of under-delivery". When I told him that despite the serious delay DayZ is still going to be the best game in the history of gaming (which I honestly still believe), he gave me that smirk which you normally reserve for the Scientologists. This is a true story and in fact, for the past 2-3 years when I mentioned DayZ among gamers, all I got was incredulous laughs followed by cautious "you don't really....?".

Yes, we look like a sect to people out there. Yes, there is a reason for it. Yes, deep down we know this is true so even more we feel the need to attack those who calmly (or not) tell us "dude, I understand this 'new engine' story and all, but you know that this pace has been freakin' ridiculous now, right?". As I also heard recently, "you seem to do a lot of effort not to feel cheated". This actually sums up my attitude to DayZ quite nicely.

And yes, I'm tired of all those 'give me my money back' threads for the past 4 years, too. But people have a right to vent on official DayZ forums and to think that handwaving all the deadline issues with the new engine development sounds... how to put it... let's agree on 'suspicious', shall we?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

The early access release and development of DayZ SA has been silly. Personally I am growing weary of all these stress tests. I was not expecting there to be 21 of them. It kind of gives the impression that there are more things wrong with the .63 build than they anticipated. I'm also getting a little aggravated that they are asking for us players to do so much of their work. There are things that are obviously wrong with .63, and even .62. If they actually looked they would find them. 

For example, there are map mistakes all over the place. Still after two years, there is a random outdoors camping bench sticking up through a house floor in Elecktro, which is an epicenter of player interaction. Many houses don't have floors, just grass. Many more houses overlap with each other, or are glitched out in various ways. It really gives the impression that they aren't working all that hard on DayZ when they just leave stuff like that, and then ask players to report problems and there are literal thousands. 

Being a fan of DayZ is in fact like being in an abusive relationship. I have actually said this exact thing several times here in the past. They are abusing their player's passion for the game at this point. They are abusing our exceptional patience. The devs seem to be of the opinion that everyone is just oh so gleeful about .63. Well i'm bored with .63 because it's an incomplete experience and I'm tired of hearing how awesome things are going because they still aren't yet. 

Edited by Solopopo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Solopopo said:

Being a fan of DayZ is in fact like being in an abusive relationship. 

What a horseshit statement.  Good job insulting real victims by equating your weariness of stress tests with actual physical and psychological abuse.

ffs

• Beans 1

9 minutes ago, Parazight said:

What a horseshit statement.  Good job insulting real victims by equating your weariness of stress tests with actual physical and psychological abuse.

ffs

Your fanboyism is making me even wearier. Why don't you respond to the substance of a response instead of taking little quips at what flaws you can find. You did the same thing to OP, deflecting to his credentials instead of acknowledging what he was saying.

Edited by Solopopo

12 minutes ago, Parazight said:

ffs

Let's take it easy, shall we? I think it was more "we think we're being unfairly treated" rather than "we are literally as miserable as victims of domestic abuse and/or life-long rape". At least that's how I read it. ;)

The only real substance in this thread is how abuse is being trivialized.

The OP rattles on about how he's bored and how he's done all of these things that aren't relevant at all.  And somehow this is supposed to convince everyone that the development progress is silly?  Does anyone (or their friends) in this thread really know what's going on behind the scenes and why things happen as they happen?  Of course not.  

Do you really think the developers have set about this whole project just to troll you?  To 'abuse' you?  Of course not.  That is ridiculous.  You get the impression that the devs aren't working that hard on the project?  Do you think that these people aren't ordinary, hard working, educated people, not governed by a business entity?

I'm sorry to hear that you're impatient.  That's not really a good excuse to trivialize abuse, claim the devs are lazy, and present criticisms from people far from being 'in the know' as fact.  The constant whining is much more draining than the 'timeline' miscalculations that we've been given, in my opinion.

Please, call me an alpha screamer. I'll keep taking shots at 'quips' and 'flaws that I find'.  I'll keep ignoring the fluff.  And, I'll keep calling a spade - a spade.

1 hour ago, Parazight said:

The only real substance in this thread is how abuse is being trivialized.

The OP rattles on about how he's bored and how he's done all of these things that aren't relevant at all.  And somehow this is supposed to convince everyone that the development progress is silly?  Does anyone (or their friends) in this thread really know what's going on behind the scenes and why things happen as they happen?  Of course not.  

Do you really think the developers have set about this whole project just to troll you?  To 'abuse' you?  Of course not.  That is ridiculous.  You get the impression that the devs aren't working that hard on the project?  Do you think that these people aren't ordinary, hard working, educated people, not governed by a business entity?

I'm sorry to hear that you're impatient.  That's not really a good excuse to trivialize abuse, claim the devs are lazy, and present criticisms from people far from being 'in the know' as fact.  The constant whining is much more draining than the 'timeline' miscalculations that we've been given, in my opinion.

Please, call me an alpha screamer. I'll keep taking shots at 'quips' and 'flaws that I find'.  I'll keep ignoring the fluff.  And, I'll keep calling a spade - a spade.

Oh my people are so easily triggerd these days.

It was a simple analogy aimed to explaine my thoughts around Dayz. That doesn't mean I think an actual abusive relationship is the same thing. Thought that was pretty obvious. 

More then anything Dayz is a game that is very special to me. Despite its flaws and troubled development.

If it werent, I wouldn't have been on this forum in the first place.

I never claimed that the developers where lazy. But there are many factors that can slow down the development of a game. Im sure the People are working hard on it... But unlike you "alpha screamer" I don't think defending them no matter what is The right way to go. 

By the looks of it.. If things keeps getting delayed...we will be Lucky if we get to see The full game by 2020. That is 8 years after the mod came to existance. Sorry but that not normal game development time.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2018 at 6:13 PM, Parazight said:

I've reviewed your discussion topic.  I'm almost curious as to which media courses you've 'studdied'. 

He must have really "burried" his head in those books.

Yes, inattention to spelling will undermine the credibility of your statement in my eyes.

I guess he worries more about errors in code than using proper English.

Also, I don't care if you're the miracle immaculately conceived love child of Shigeru Miyamoto and David cage, if you haven't worked directly on DayZ at Bohemia, you can't possibly know what's effected the progress of DayZ entirely.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Beans 1

OK, it's one thing to point out a typo, nitpick 'abuse trivialization' (which is blatant BS in my opinion) and the fact that OP listed all the stuff that happened since SA was announced (what's the problem with that)...

But let me get this straight - the only group of people who are allowed to criticize the 'speed' of DayZ development are the very people who are involved in said development??

I'm...

I'm in a cult.

Wow.

• Like 1

You don't yell at a race car driver to drive faster or just park it and finish the race couple of laps earlier and then expect some miraculous results. And he's got the pedal to the metal anyway.

You're not in a cult @Kirov (DayZ) you can leave whenever you want, but you'll never be one of "us" then lol

But seriously, all the metaphors and comparisons aside, what's the point in complaining about the speed of development? There is no influence. It goes its way, it's going to have this and that. Might have to get some features stripped just to make it for 2018 release, as said earlier. What's the point now? We're so quick to suggest this feature and that feature, on these forums, on Reddit, on Feedback, yet it surely takes even some more time to implement. Then we get to have another topic like this, and around and around.

In the end, I always understand only one thing from all the complaints: We want to play it so bad and ASAP

• Beans 1

26 minutes ago, cirkular said:

You don't yell at a race car driver to drive faster or just park it and finish the race couple of laps earlier and then expect some miraculous results. And he's got the pedal to the metal anyway.

You're not in a cult @Kirov (DayZ) you can leave whenever you want, but you'll never be one of "us" then lol

But seriously, all the metaphors and comparisons aside, what's the point in complaining about the speed of development? There is no influence. It goes its way, it's going to have this and that. Might have to get some features stripped just to make it for 2018 release, as said earlier. What's the point now? We're so quick to suggest this feature and that feature, on these forums, on Reddit, on Feedback, yet it surely takes even some more time to implement. Then we get to have another topic like this, and around and around.

In the end, I always understand only one thing from all the complaints: We want to play it so bad and ASAP

This argument can be easily reversed - those who complain about the complainers won't stop the ever-steady influx of said complainers, yet they complain anyway. ;) We now have 3 new 'this is a farce' threads a week and those who start them don't give a damn about whether we are barraged with such rants or not.

Also, you say that such complaints don't affect development, yet such concerns hardly stop you from giving a 1-star Yelp review. People are displeased with a product and then express it online, end of story. To tell them that this doesn't accomplish anything is a bit overreasoning.

2 things stand out here, as far as I'm concerned:

- people's grief and disappointment are perfectly understandable and they have a right to rant, just like we all have a right to go to Amazon and give a 1-star to anything we want.

- this will only end when DayZ successfully goes 1.0, wink wink

I'm sorry, but delivering a working product is the only way not to get bad reviews. I kinda don't want it to be any other way.

• Beans 2

46 minutes ago, cirkular said:

BTW, I get it, we're all fed up with the complaints. But some points are more valid than others and people express themselves in various ways, from 'u f@#!s give me my money back' to more reasonable, like I believe the OP did. However, more and more frequently they are met with the same argument, which does sound crack-potty if you think about it, "you have to work at BI in order to express your opinion about BI". Guys, I'm sure we can do better than that. And we're not doing the devs any favour if that's how we take in disappointed players. The concerns are legitimate and to be addressed, not handwaved away as dumb, typo-riddled rudeness.

We will try to win the player base back, remember? Right now we can all fit into one server and we'll probably want to change that. So let's stop Tom Cruising here. If you want people to have patience towards BI, please demonstrate your patience to the complainers.

• Beans 1

17 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I guess he worries more about errors in code than using proper English.

You would be surprised. I've worked with many developers that write like kindergartners... I'm in Spain, at the moment, and the Spanish write sentences completely in lowercase, including the beginning of sentences and proper nouns. It can be terribly confusing. But these are highly intelligent people I am working with.

I'm pretty sure OP isn't a native speaker. In fact, he might be German. I suspect his name is a play on words. Evilsausage = böse wurst = böse wirst. Example: "Ich hoffe dass du nicht böse wirst wenn ich dich töte".

• Beans 2