mtv95

system specs

looking at buying this pc from a friend specs as follows:

Intel Core i5-6600K

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050i 4GB

2TB HD

120GB SSD

16GB DDR4 RAM

how will this run the game? il be looking at playing in 1080p so what settings will I be looking at if I buy this computer?

thanks

You should be alright, keeping in mind that the game is still in alpha (beta soon) and many things still need to be optimized.

if you can, get a bigger ssd..

i have a 240gb ssd, and i'm suffering from low space quite often.

One thing to keep in mind is that the game is still very processor heavy.  Devs have stated that the intention is for the game to rely more on the video card and less on the cpu to achieve a better balance between resources.  (How they go about that or if they've even begun that client optimization process I have no idea).

With that forecast in mind it's wise to spend the extra bucks on a 10 series GTX.  I think your rig should do fine on higher settings presently and also see improvements through future iterations.

Edit / Afterthought:  It's been a while since I built pc's so take this with a grain of salt:  consider your mainboard specs and make sure it's compatible with an upgraded processor.  As hardware prices eventually drop, you might be able pick up a cheap i7 for an easy upgrade.  So you'll want to confirm that your mainboard will be OK with that.

Edited by GaryWalnuts
Afterthought

thanks for the replies, if I was to go for another pc, what processors and graphics cards can people suggest I look out for to get on high settings at 1080p?

27 minutes ago, mtv95 said:

thanks for the replies, if I was to go for another pc, what processors and graphics cards can people suggest I look out for to get on high settings at 1080p?

How much is your friend asking for his system?

i5-8600K / GTX1060 ? hows that? looking at going to buy now

DayZ likes GPU's the most ( opposite to the Arma 3 which is rly nice engine improvements on DayZ ), i have shitty CPU paired with hi-end GPU and dayz still runs perfectly fine, especially .63.

Edited by exacomvm

23 hours ago, mtv95 said:

i5-8600K / GTX1060 ? hows that? looking at going to buy now

Looks good.

You should be able to run higher settings and record.  Anything in the 1000 series, a not bad i5 and some ssd should work.  External SSDs can be an option.  500+ is ideal.

yeh I went with the i5-8600K / GTX1060 and it runs maxed out really well

thanks guys

just need people to play with now...

• Beans 1

You already bought the 1060? If I had seen this sooner I would've advised patience. No one should be buying a new GPU right this second. The rumor is that the 1100 series GPUs are coming out this summer.

20 hours ago, ColdAtrophy said:

You already bought the 1060? If I had seen this sooner I would've advised patience. No one should be buying a new GPU right this second. The rumor is that the 1100 series GPUs are coming out this summer.

yeh I got it, was part of a pre build, gets dayz on maxed out settings so its good enough for now