mtv95

Dayz over wifi

Hi, im a old returning user after not playing for a few years as I got rid of my pc but im now looking into buying another. Im wanting peoples views on playing dayz over wifi as my new pc will have a wifi card built in as I am unable to use a cable as its just too far away. I know cable is superior but how does it handle playing over wifi? my internet speed is extremely fast so thats not my worry its just how the game itself will play over wifi im not wanting stupid lag or stupid ping ect. Thanks

Hey mtv97, good to hear that you come back!

To make it clear: I always played DayZ since the beginning with wifi and it works fine, so no need to worry about :)

Of course if you have a slow internet connection you will have these problems mentioned in your text, but apart from that there is no big difference.

Have fun at chernarus, you should definetly try 0.63 when the next stress test begins! Its a much better game now !

Cheers, Raptor

hi thanks for the help, yeh my internets fast so thats made me feel a bit better knowing it will play well, seen 0.63 looks good, looking into getting a new pc next week on my day off from work.

• Beans 1

hi. It comes to the wifi on a few small things that it brings to success or defeat.

1) how far is the path of the WLAN signal. It has to go through many walls or floors. Are these made of wood or concrete.

2) you are the only user of the WLAN.

3) Are there many other WLAN networks in your environment? If so, which channel do you or the others use?

These are factors that many micro-laags can do, something that is not the case with cables.

(DayZ is very sensitive to changes in the Internet connection, I observed this with myself. The better the ping is, the more sensitive are the reactions to changes).

as of now im using Power over Ethernet as its what my pc came with. if this isn't any good I will buy a usb wifi dongle. anyone else used PoE?

i have PoE and it Works fine. (the PoE are connectet with the PS4 from my Children, and Updates an DL, at the same time when i play DayZ, as never Problem)

i have testet PoE for short time on my PC, its run (my PC are direct connected with Cable to the Router, in the same Room).

It is literally impossible for anyone to answer your question accurately. The quality of your WiFi experience will be entirely determined by the characteristics of your home, your router, the amount of other devices "talking" in the same band, the distance to the router, the quality of the PC's WiFi hardware, etc.

There are too many variables that can dramatically impact your experience.