exwoll

Any news about the player stealth system?

We all had that moment:

You are walking around, looting, getting some ammo from the floor, dropping some useless .22 rounds, organizing your inventory in some roon, and then suddenly out of nowhere one hears someone running outside.

You hold your breath, crouch and hope the person just goes away, but then, while you were looking around with the ALT key, for some reason you unpressed the button and your character moved a little, a step was made, an atomic bomb exploded under your feet and the steps outside suddenly stopped. 20 seconds later a full squad surrounded you and soon you are ded.

The issue is HUGE for a game like Dayz, every step you give ingame sound as if you're marching in a military parade with coconuts in place of shoes.

As result people had to adapt, exploit animation bugs, moving crouched multiply pressing the arrow keys, totally avoiding moving with players in a radius of 10m, avoiding loud wooden floors. Which also came with some of the map locations totally deserted, like the apartment buildings, that just turned into giant death traps where people can know you are present from a quite significant distance, instead of a preferred place to hide.

So, With BETA coming forward and things getting A LOT better with time, one of the things I haven't noticed, was any mention about the player stealth features, things like:

An extra button for stealthy slow walking

Variable sound levels for different shoes, some of them being really quiet (like sport shoes, that would be almost silent)

Taking in count the walls for sound dispersion

Variable VOIP volume, with whispering for silent communication with strangers, instead of risking being heard from 20 m for interacting

Anyone knows anything about any of those?

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

in 0.63 it is really so that shoes now make different loud noises. Some are louder, others quieter. And now it depends on your pace. Running / Jogging is louder than walking.

(an insider's tip, if you really want to sneak up like an Indian on an easy footing: take off your shoes!)

9 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

in 0.63 it is really so that shoes now make different loud noises. Some are louder, others quieter. And now it depends on your pace. Running / Jogging is louder than walking.

(an insider's tip, if you really want to sneak up like an Indian on an easy footing: take off your shoes!)

Wow thats awesome its actually in. I guess the op hasnt played 63 and neither have I.

I had always hoped that one day we would be able to take shoes and have not much sound at all. If glass(smashed) was a thing in game that would make a great 'sound trap' to lay at a door step while searching bigger buildings and if someone had no shoes on you would hear them 'ouch!' out loud in pain.