Sign in to follow this  
haydaman712

Meeting up with friends SHOULD be more accessible in .63.

On 23/05/2018 at 5:21 AM, Mantasisg said:

Your whole post is about how unimmersive to you is to meet other people frequently, let alone more than few. It is based on purely your imagination, and it is sad to see that this way of thinking is very supported here, not surprisingly, as the game was like that for two years.

Also your understanding of "hard" is very double sided. You say that it has to be hard, IMO it is hard and great challenge to be confronted by a group of players, you say that they should have a hard time gathering, so the game would actually be easier to you.

I think you will still be able to have this kind of experience I see you love, by hiding somewhere deep inlands...

Sir, I think you've misinterpreted some of the things I said. Perhaps I was unclear in the communication.

It is not detrimental to immersion to meet other players frequently. I never said that and I'm afraid you've read the words into my post. I absolutely love meeting new players in the game, and find it incredibly boring to run around with no interactions. I just don't want that interaction to be six guys surrounding me suddenly, shouting "Allah-u-Akbar" at me over VoiP using shitty microphones that make them sound like feedback at a cheap rock concert.

Being challenged by a group of players is hard. I support this. DayZ has always had a significant aspect of teamwork being a huge advantage. This makes sense for a post-apocalyptic world, and is great for how it sometimes drives random player interactions. I was making an entirely different point to the one you challenged when I said that DayZ makes things hard. I was talking about how DayZ does not make things trivially easy like other games does, and how that's part of its charm and allure. You're taking my words out of context and twisting them here.

And I definitely will not enjoy DayZ by hiding in the woods. I don't enjoy that. I need to come out of the woods and interact with people, whether violently or peacefully, to enjoy this game.

Sorry if this comes off as harsh - it's fairly obvious from reading your posts that English is not your first language, and I suspect that this has caused some confusion. Anyway, I hope this clears things up!

There are multiple solutions for this "problem":

- Vehicles when they are back in
- All logout at the same time and place, we will be able to have multiple characters so you can have 1 for playing solo and one for group play
- Stay around one area so you know where your friends are going to be
- A mod which makes this possible, which is most likely going to be there

Solutions which will tackle this problem but won't be implemented (at least I hope so):
- A party system
- A spawn selector
- Spawning together

This is not what DayZ is about. It also doesn't make it fair for other fresh spawn if you can spawn in a group. Think about how many squads will be roaming the coast, dunking on fresh spawns in 4 vs 1. I'm sure you wouldn't like it either if you're playing solo. It doesn't take that long to meet up, to be honest, even in the current patch. You're in a group for a reason, to help each other. You don't have to loot as much because your friend can give you some stuff when you meet each other. And you can always meet each other halfway, you know... your friend(s) doesn't/don't  have to sit still until you're there.

We always discuss a meeting point and if one is there faster than the other they can always move on closer until they've met. At that point you can exchange stuff and help each other out. If I know I'm good on food, I always offer food if I have some on me or find some. If they don't want or need it, I eat it myself to increase that buffer. Just last weekend, I offered BioHaze constantly food but at some point he had enough as well so I just added to my buffer.

• Beans 1

There is another very important point that speaks against a group spawning system.

You will not find (new!) friends anymore or you will not be so easy anymore.

Think about how you got to know your friends (not all) through "coincidence". It was because it suited, and there are many "friendships" that were just found around it.

Edited by Sqeezorz
  • Beans 1

20 hours ago, emuthreat said:

I think this topic has derailed quite a bit.  Here, let me get it back on track.

OP is upset that the RAG GLITCH is no longer in the game.
Basically, some people have become accustomed to abusing a bug in an unfinished version of the game to get a more desirable spawn. 
The complaint is literally that sometimes it takes a long while before one can find an easy way to die;  in a survival game; for the purpose of meeting up with another player--of which the location is already known due to the use of TS/Discord or text messaging services.

As has always been the case, the only way to get a new spawn is to die.  And without an abusable broken quirk of the old player controller, this can no longer be reliably done within 5 seconds of spawning.

This topic is a non issue. Sorry.

Bro I never said that I want to the rag glitch, or the apple glitch, or ANY glitch for that matter to make it's way back to the game. I never said I don't want this game to be brutally punishing, requiring hours of playing to survive and better your character. As of right now it is not hard by any means to survive. If you cannot survive than you just don't know what you're doing regardless of where you spawn. If I spawn in Electro and my buddy spawns in Svet it's not a matter of "will we survive" before we get to eachother, it's a matter of when. If I am playing on my own I don't have a problem with shit spawns. 

It's not a matter of survival until you reach your friend. It's a matter of time consumption for which you're not actually playing the game, but trying to get to your friend before you play the game. If you want to avoid players and survive you can. The only thing the spawning system is doing is delaying the inevitable and promoting wasted time in which the players seeking their friends gain nothing and the players accepting spawns see no difference. 

I'm not saying give instant spawns and I'm certainly not saying keep it the way it is, because it's clearly flawed. I'm saying meet us somewhere in the middle. I don't see how gameplay is affected for players who don't care. You cannot say it's a gameplay issue when it's random.

On 5/24/2018 at 4:05 PM, haydaman712 said:

Bro I never said that I want to the rag glitch, or the apple glitch, or ANY glitch for that matter to make it's way back to the game. I never said I don't want this game to be brutally punishing, requiring hours of playing to survive and better your character. As of right now it is not hard by any means to survive. If you cannot survive than you just don't know what you're doing regardless of where you spawn. If I spawn in Electro and my buddy spawns in Svet it's not a matter of "will we survive" before we get to eachother, it's a matter of when. If I am playing on my own I don't have a problem with shit spawns. 

It's not a matter of survival until you reach your friend. It's a matter of time consumption for which you're not actually playing the game, but trying to get to your friend before you play the game. If you want to avoid players and survive you can. The only thing the spawning system is doing is delaying the inevitable and promoting wasted time in which the players seeking their friends gain nothing and the players accepting spawns see no difference. 

I'm not saying give instant spawns and I'm certainly not saying keep it the way it is, because it's clearly flawed. I'm saying meet us somewhere in the middle. I don't see how gameplay is affected for players who don't care. You cannot say it's a gameplay issue when it's random.

I know, but you did say that now that the rag glitch is out of the game it is not as easy to suicide spawn cycle to meet friends easier.  You obviously are in favor of having a way to spawn closer to a friend,  so you can play the game sooner. This is implying that the process of spawning in, orienting yourself, and gearing up on the way to your destination is not playing the game.  I fundamentally disagree with that notion.  Part of the DayZ experience is exactly that. It is a distasteful experience that some people try to avoid by killing themselves as quickly as possible if they don't like the starting location. I do it sometimes too if it is an emergency.

Survival is always a consideration.  Even if you get a Berezino spawn and run to meet your friend running towards you from Sverograd, there is always the chance that you will get eaten by wolves along the way, thus wasting more of your time before you can actually start playing the game.  Survival is hard sometimes, and it rewards you for living longer to avoid having to respawn as often.

Maybe what you want is some kind of parachute spawn system that has gonnen popular, and that would probably be pretty cool in Dayz to be honest.  But maybe it belongs in a battle royale mode, rather than the base game.

The game will be moddable, adding this as an option for servers would be fine, but making it the standard is not, because many people would misuse this to always play as a group and in order to get themselves an advantage in, foor example, spawn point choosing after a coastal fight

i am not strictly against it, but it has it's immersion breaking thing right there: you choose where to respawn with the knowledge where your geared body died and where enemies might be, and the old DayZ community is a hardcore one which loves a game to have high stakes, at least i view it as such

there IS a reason why suicide spawn exploiting was made harder and harder the longer the game development went, because the devs don't like when people just kill themselves until they spawn where they want

until then, there are lots of dayz mods where you can choose your spawn, feel free to play those

Edited by ZomboWTF

On 21.5.2018 at 12:09 AM, haydaman712 said:

I completely disagree with you. If I have 2 hours to play DayZ in a given night why should I have to spend it searching for my friend. I don't have any qualms with the harsh survivability of the game, but it is still a GAME. And I am by no means a casual player who wants everything handed to them. I know most of the map by heart like many die hard DayZ fans but this is ridiculous. I think there needs to be a respawn option that has something like a 1 minute timer after you spawn to receive another spawn.

If you got "only" 2 hours to spare, DayZ might not be the game to waste those hours because this game is by design a time sink. That's the whole beauty of it, unlike everything else in the modern world, this game has few if none instant gratifications (like its been said many times already).

To me the perfect example is WoW. Back in 04' to 06' we grinded the shit out of that game, nothing came easy and you always felt you really earned something when you got new gear or whatever.  But since the game was and got even more popular everyone with "only 2 hours to spend per day" wanted basically everything that people who grinded 10h + had and the game changed for ever.

I'm glad DayZ is a niche so we hopefully don't see that happening here.

Edited by benedictus
  • Beans 4

You don't even have to spawn unless you die. -  I thought surviving & not getting killed was the point of the game ?

• Beans 1

Dying isn't the only way to get a new spawn.  Why commit suicide when you'll be able to start a new character?

I think spawning on friends should only be an option when every one of you are dead or on a brand spankin' new character. This makes sense to limit people spawning on their buddies and giving them gear to go and pvp in some city, but it also gives you a choice if all of your friends happen to die.

Think about it. All your friends die but you - they're nagging you to kill your character and join them on the coast to start the grind all over again. But in your character's point of view, all his friends just died and he probably doesn't see much point living anymore. Makes that F11 key look miiiighty fine.

Say only one of your friends dies. Now that just gives your friend group a quest to go down and pick him up. With all the new spawns and stuff at the coast it gives your group a challenge and a reason to go down south. There's not much to do in the game once you've got decent gear, so something like that would be welcomed.

Edited by Mullraugh

It sometimes took myself and a buddy 3 or 4 play sessions just to meet up.  We've never just dashed to each other, we looted along the way looking for equipment and each session usually turned into quite the adventure.  That's what DayZ is about. Just wait for modding to come out that will give you spawn locations and team spawns.

I think i good compromise could come when base building is added...

When base building gets implemented i would like it if they added a feature that lets you spawn at a base/camp that you and friends have established. 

This would allow you to more easily meet up with friends but it would also provide extra gameplay for the greater community who could hunt for and destroy your base.

To stop it becoming overpowered, you could limit spawning at a base to only when a condition is met. For example, when a special lantern is lit. This way people could stop you spawning in. 

Edited by Rek Seven

On 5/30/2018 at 4:41 PM, Rek Seven said:

I think i good compromise could come when base building is added...

When base building gets implemented i would like it if they added a feature that lets you spawn at a base/camp that you and friends have established. 

This would allow you to more easily meet up with friends but it would also provide extra gameplay for the greater community who could hunt for and destroy your base.

To stop it becoming overpowered, you could limit spawning at a base to only when a condition is met. For example, when a special lantern is lit. This way people could stop you spawning in. 

so you always respawn at your base even when the bad guys took you by surprise there? - SO = not much point them shooting your guards off the towers then, or even ambushing you outside ? 

Good point. Maybe a simple fix is that if you get killed in the your base, you can't spawn back there for 1 hour. 

Even though i am pretty-much against being able to pick your spawns in DayZ, I do think it would be kinda cool to have an endgame ability to craft and deploy a bedroll.  Place it in a tent in a secure base, or just pop it down in a house somewhere and hope nobody finds it.  Spawn back on the coast would mean "oops, someone found my bedroll."

6 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

Even though i am pretty-much against being able to pick your spawns in DayZ, I do think it would be kinda cool to have an endgame ability to craft and deploy a bedroll.  Place it in a tent in a secure base, or just pop it down in a house somewhere and hope nobody finds it.  Spawn back on the coast would mean "oops, someone found my bedroll."

Rust....