Sign in to follow this  
haydaman712

Meeting up with friends SHOULD be more accessible in .63.

First off let me preface this post with a round of applause to the developers. For the past 2.5 years I've been an avid fan always envisioning what this game could be. I've never been so excited for an update and I think things are on the right track.

Today it took nearly 1.5 hours to link up with my buddy. With the removal of the suicide by rags it's a chance game with receiving a spawn that you desire. As of right now the only way to get a new spawn is to die. That means jumping off towers, rocks, or getting mauled by zombies etc...I got a woods spawn and it took me nearly 30 minutes to commit suicide. It's just not viable at the moment to meet up with your friends and this should be addressed. I'm fine with the harsh punishment the changes have brought, but this should not be one of them.

Edited by haydaman712
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

I agree with you. Game in general is too frustrating. This has to be discussed carefully because many things can be frustrating in a good way and make game more challenging and involving. But many are just plain frustrating and nothing else. First of all, like you mentioned it takes way too much time to even begin to play. I have had only two chances to play this game with friends, both times they failed to navigate the map, so we could have met faster. It actually wouldn't be big problem if there would be a vehicle, at least a bicycle that would be as easy to find as a gun. Being able to go down the road 5x faster would be huge help. But it appears to be insanely difficult to implement bicycle somehow... 

DayZ without interactions is so much less.

In my experience it was never easy to meet up with friends.

But i remember using the death respawn method cost me nearly as much time as to just walking from say Berezino to Elektro. 

So we ended just making the best of it by just embracing every spawn

Agreed OP that its not new player/group friendly.

• Beans 1

Well... if you spawn in the woods, its better to just play from that spawn and move on.

But in terms of friend-spawning system, I've discussed this topic with my DayZ friends, we are all not quite sure if spawning system on a friend should be in the game.

Sure its very good to meet up and would be more fun to go as a fresh spawn together with a friend, but I'm not sure if this will suite to the DayZ genre... I think the devs should try to implement this and see if its comfortable enough or just killig the hole DayZ experience, so devs maybe wanna try this feature with friend spawning system?

Cheers.

Raptor

Absolutely not.

There are many challenges in DayZ and many of them are time consuming.

DayZ is NOT an instant gratification game.

Maybe a modded version will offer the option to spawn in together.... with a backpack, a gun, food, water, medical supplies, a humvee, and you'll have your PuBG/DayZ clone, and you can play that until your eyes bleed.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 3

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

and you can play that until your eyes bleed.

Don't you think that this is a bit rough, and not very nice to say.

This guy is not asking to dumb down DayZ. I really know very well that it is sometimes next to impossible to meet your friends if they aren't very familiar with the game and map.

Obviously nothing has to be put on the plate and brought right in front of you. But it is not a science to understand that some stuff just doesn't fit a computer game. 

I suppose that when there will be bicycles (hopefuly there won't be like only 10 per map lol), then many of the current "we are such a niche elite this game is only for us and nobody else" players will be frustrated, that it will be possible to cut down a lot of gameplay time which is exactly a WASTE. I believe there will be enough of running/jogging/walking anyway, even when (if) bicycles together with other vehicles, will be more common and usable, and adding to the game. Especially the bicycles and bikes, because I believe they will be more common and will have less missing parts.

2 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Absolutely not.

Maybe a modded version will offer the option to spawn in together.... with a backpack, a gun, food, water, medical supplies, a humvee, and you'll have your PuBG/DayZ clone, and you can play that until your eyes bleed.

your right, but if we only thinking about spawning with friends together, that wouldn't be harmful to the DayZ right? Im not sure about this honestly... :)

15 minutes ago, Raptor97 said:

your right, but if we only thinking about spawning with friends together, that wouldn't be harmful to the DayZ right? Im not sure about this honestly... :)

Nothing should be handed to the player in DayZ, imo. Finding your friends, which usually makes surviving easier, should be difficult in vanilla DayZ. This I'm fairly sure of.

• Like 3

Find your friends as it is. Even if, and especially when it takes hours to finally see his friends, everyone already has a story to tell. (or you share your story live in the TS with your friends, it's funnier and intensiever so, because none of your friends can help you, so be careful)

• Like 1

Yeah right, after 1500 hours I experienced so much, thats why I'm thinking about this feature, but fair enough what you guys said :)

• Beans 1

only way that i could see this happen could be via basebuilding.
so first spawn is just like now but if you and your friend/friends could make a base...
greenrooms,electricity,fences,watchtowers huge amount of work...it could provide some amount of spawns...
this could bring some more value to your base other than just inventory space for your stuff.
but i dont think that it would be good in vanilla servers,maybe but in modding,it would be interesting thing to have...
just like in squad and project reality have spawns in bases.

• Beans 2

Indeed, spawning in your own base is also a good suggestion to think about. Maybe limited or something.

6 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Absolutely not.

I completely disagree with you. If I have 2 hours to play DayZ in a given night why should I have to spend it searching for my friend. I don't have any qualms with the harsh survivability of the game, but it is still a GAME. And I am by no means a casual player who wants everything handed to them. I know most of the map by heart like many die hard DayZ fans but this is ridiculous. I think there needs to be a respawn option that has something like a 1 minute timer after you spawn to receive another spawn.

3 hours ago, haydaman712 said:

If I have 2 hours to play DayZ in a given night why should I have to spend it searching for my friend

There's your problem.

DayZ can't really be enjoyed unless you have 3 or more hours to commit to a session. I was just saying this to someone earlier today....

Vanilla DayZ is a real time commitment and the depth of that commitment makes your character have more and more value.

Vanilla DayZ may not appeal to many players and modding will provide them with options that cater to their tastes.

• Beans 3

16 hours ago, Raptor97 said:

Indeed, spawning in your own base is also a good suggestion to think about. Maybe limited or something.

I don't think so, you can obviously spawn in your base by reloging while in it. Spawning in the coast and going through it is a great part of DayZ IMO, DayZ without beginning at the coast is not a DayZ IMO You always have to start fresh and vulnerable at the very start, and try to improve your character while you are surviving. Also that would be abused to such insanely great degree, imagine dummy bases all around best loot locations... I also think that ghosting between very different population servers should not be allowed. Like in a car you shouldn't be able to shift down from top gear to lowest, you shouldn't have a possibility to ghost from your personal loot collection server which you keep empty from other players straight to pvp in some other server which is full, I'd suggest that you should be able to move same character between servers that are relatively similar in player population at the time.....

9 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

DayZ can't really be enjoyed unless you have 3 or more hours to commit to a session. I was just saying this to someone earlier today....

Thats so incredibly wrong, having to consume a lot of time is not even a challenge it is grinding. Well but if you'd have to survive for three hours and feel like a champion because of that, then I'd say the game is difficult and enjoyable. Of course devs could make insane zombies or something, but everything has to work together: zombies, predators, other players, weather, physical and health status, loot and so on - to make one continuously flowing game experience which keeps you in action, and wandering around and looting should be less than third of it (of course for basic loot, higher end gear obviously should be progressively harder to get). You say that DayZ is difficult because it simply kills your time in order to achieve super simple goal, like meet your noob friend, and get him a bullet to chamber into sporter, thats exactly why relatively every single person who owns DayZ wasn't using it for past ~2 years. I believe it will change. 

And you and many others plays "too easy" argument card on defending things that aren't difficult nor fun at all, just simply time consuming.

11 hours ago, sausagekingofchicago said:

People have asked for this since the mod without considering the negative impacts this would have.  

Thats true, it could possibly bring some abuse, of which we couldn't think of by now. I'd say just make bicycles rather common, that would decrease average traveling times and that would solve the OP problem, not completely, but to great degree. 

Edited by Mantasisg

19 hours ago, haydaman712 said:

I completely disagree with you. If I have 2 hours to play DayZ in a given night why should I have to spend it searching for my friend. I don't have any qualms with the harsh survivability of the game, but it is still a GAME. And I am by no means a casual player who wants everything handed to them. I know most of the map by heart like many die hard DayZ fans but this is ridiculous. I think there needs to be a respawn option that has something like a 1 minute timer after you spawn to receive another spawn.

Sorry man, but as it seems you have to wait till moddding tools are out (0.63 stable).

On 5/20/2018 at 6:11 PM, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

There's your problem.

Vanilla DayZ is a real time commitment and the depth of that commitment makes your character have more and more value.

Vanilla DayZ may not appeal to many players and modding will provide them with options that cater to their tastes.

I never said that I ONLY devoted two hours or less to DayZ on the regular. Many times me and my buddies would link up for a bit and then log off in the same location to continue playing again at a later time. I spent 6 hours on the stress test with a friend and managed to link up with my friend one time after what was the most frustrating unenjoyable experience I've had in DayZ in quite some time. And that's pretty hard to top. 

40 minutes ago, haydaman712 said:

I spent 6 hours on the stress test with a friend and managed to link up with my friend one time after what was the most frustrating unenjoyable experience I've had in DayZ in quite some time

DayZ is pretty frustrating at times.

If you learn the basic survival strategies for the build you're playing and have a good grasp of the map, you can meet up from almost anywhere in under 2 hours, and generally much less. Now add in the chance to have a vehicle or a base and meeting becomes easier still.

Some times we just have a bad DayZ too...

I personally like the challenge of meeting up when we're all fresh and struggling, trading stuff we found and forming plans for places to loot.

• Beans 1

^ that is masochistic, admitting that DayZ is sometimes "pretty" frustrating, and enjoying that..

The solution would definitely be vehicles, especially bicycles because they should be easiest to find, and devs won't give them soon, too good to have.

1 hour ago, Mantasisg said:

^ that is masochistic, admitting that DayZ is sometimes "pretty" frustrating, and enjoying that..

The solution would definitely be vehicles, especially bicycles because they should be easiest to find, and devs won't give them soon, too good to have.

Some people do enjoy a challenge... If anyone has dreams of a bike on every other house corner they are gonna get disappointed.

here we go again with same ... the fun resistance, pseudo realism and pseudo challenge guards

I haven't said that it should be on the every corner, I said that it should be easiest to find. Wouldn't you agree that bicycle should be at least as common as a gun, if not more ? Unless it would be USA, then guns would probably be more common than bicycles.

Give me a reason why you think there should be less, and how many would be enough in your opinion ?

I feel like many of "survivors" of community here has mistaken DayZ being time consuming as the main challenge, that could explain why you survived. I am ok with that, not being too selfish, not saying that it is good, or bad, but just how it is. IMO it is not the best.

Edited by Mantasisg

DayZ does have Steam friends integration as evidenced by the server menu telling you if you have friends on a server. It would be nice if the game detected where your friends are and then had a preference for spawns that are closer to their position. People then get to play with their friends and there are no spawn menus or any silly things like that.

Edited by BeefBacon