Sign in to follow this  
INomadZ

DayZ 0.63 Melee Combat Test - 1 vs. 3

Nice video!

You seem to be a melee combat enthusiast.  Have you found that attacks that use the default shift key, and stun, actually do less damage overall than simple jabs?  At least with infected, it seems that it takes far fewer swings to bring them down with basic attacks than using a stun lock combo.

Also, zeds seem to hit harder but have less health than players right now.  Would you agree?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Parazight said:

Nice video!

You seem to be a melee combat enthusiast.  Have you found that attacks that use the default shift key, and stun, actually do less damage overall than simple jabs?  At least with infected, it seems that it takes far fewer swings to bring them down with basic attacks than using a stun lock combo.

Also, zeds seem to hit harder but have less health than players right now.  Would you agree?

Thanks! Yeah, I don't know if I can call myself an melee enthusiast, but I like Melee PVP in DayZ atm, maybe because the gun pvp is not very reliable yet. I enjoy melee but it may change when DayZ is finished. Also, I know that gun PVP is fun when it comes to tactics and strategies (solo, teamwork, comms, etc.), but at the same killing players with bullets seem to be too easy and boring for me currently, and melee fights are more challenging and rewarding.

I played Stress Test 2-3 times so far and haven't had enough melee fights to come to a conclusion on which hits do how much damage yet. I have to experiment and test more to find out what's going on. I don't look into scripts and programming behind them so no clue what devs are doing. But so far, I think that Shift & Stuns should be more damaging than simple jabs. But since the game is WIP it's hard to pinpoint exactly what's happening and at times I get random results because of many reasons like desync, glitches, bugs, etc. plus the health levels of player characters. As far as  the infected, I get mixed results as well, sometimes the Shift Stun hits work better, sometimes the simple jabs work better. That's how much I assume about the melee system so far, but different players have different experiences. Maybe it will be more accurate when it releases to Beta Experimental or Stable.

• Beans 1

Please go lick some batteries while you punch a guy out with it.  ;)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Parazight said:

Please go lick some batteries while you punch a guy out with it.  ;)

I'll try that next Stress Test time!

• Like 1