Sign in to follow this  
Gauk3y

Reloading/Changing clothes in 0.63 suggestions

Everything remains subject to change or isn't even finished yet by the DayZ development team. I can only give my suggestions based on the current experience.

RELOADING:

Right now if you want to reload your weapon you whether need two magazines in your hotbar to reload and then switch magazines everytime the weapon is empty or you need to go to your inventory and detach it from your weapon to reload it and combining it again. This procedure makes the game experience very awkward and forces you to use your inventory for this again.

I'd like to suggest a possible solution:

Let's say your slots are occupied as follows:
Hotkey 1 - Weapon
Hotkey 2 - Ammunition
Hotkey 3 - Magazine
*RED = Incomplete thoughts, could be improved

First you detach your magazine with holding down Hotkey 3 and it puts it right into your hands, while your weapon whether goes into your inventory or on your back depending on free inventory slots. Then you got your magazine in your hands and then you hold Hotkey 2 to reload it one by one. Once you are finished reloading your magazine you can re-attach it to your weapon by pressing Hotkey 1 to hold the weapon in your hands and holding down Hotkey 3 again for the magazine to be re-attached.

CHANGING CLOTHES:

Changing clothes right now is complicated, too. You need to pick it up with F and it lands somewhere in your inventory where there is enough space. Then you need to drag it to the right slot on top to change your clothes, which can be quite confusing too if you aren't able to find it within the first second. After that you need to double-click on every single item from your clothing on the ground (Don't drag them, it takes up even more time ;)). 

My suggestion:

Holding down F on a clothing on the ground to replace the corresponding clothing-type from your inventory. Just pressing F once remains taking the clothing to your inventory. By then you've saved a lot of time and also makes much more sense. The next problem would be how you double-click or drag the items back to your inventory from the ground, although I wouldn't say this is a problem but it can be improved too by picking up the item directly by clicking your middle mouse button (MMB) instead of double-clicking it with the left mouse button (LMB).

Thank you for your attention and I hope you do agree with the mentioned subjects.

Yours,
Gaukh

Edited by Gauk3y

Completely agree with your first suggestion. I also thought about being able to just detach your mag from your weapon using the hotbar or "hold R" because it's not currently possible to do hotbar reloading without another mag. Also i would also like putting clothes on to have some sort of short animation with the F key. Though the reason they said there's no "holding down F key interaction" is because they haven't finished the input controller to support that yet.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

On 5/17/2018 at 2:48 PM, Gauk3y said:

RELOADING:
 while your weapon whether goes into your inventory or on your back depending on free inventory slots. 

Since this is a first person shooter... first... then actions need to be taken quickly. The magazine change was a bit complicated from the beginning, now it's really good. But it can be even more complicated with another option :)

If you have only one magazine being one in your weapon, and you need to reload it, the weapon doesn't have to be holstered, meaning going on your back or to the inventory. If you can have a weapon on your back, the common sense is that you have some kind of weapon sling on it. It means it can hang around your neck so both of your hands are free to take out the magazine and to reach for the bullets in your pockets. The devs have already looked into least possible inventory fiddling to make the actions quicker using hotbars which is awesome.

On 5/17/2018 at 2:48 PM, Gauk3y said:

CHANGING CLOTHES:

Changing clothes right now is complicated, too. You need to pick it up with F and it lands somewhere in your inventory where there is enough space. Then you need to drag it to the right slot on top to change your clothes, which can be quite confusing too if you aren't able to find it within the first second. After that you need to double-click on every single item from your clothing on the ground (Don't drag them, it takes up even more time ;)). 

My suggestion:

Holding down F on a clothing on the ground to replace the corresponding clothing-type from your inventory. Just pressing F once remains taking the clothing to your inventory. By then you've saved a lot of time and also makes much more sense. The next problem would be how you double-click or drag the items back to your inventory from the ground, although I wouldn't say this is a problem but it can be improved too by picking up the item directly by clicking your middle mouse button (MMB) instead of double-clicking it with the left mouse button (LMB).

I agree with this. My guess is that this is something kind of on its way. When you aim to pick up a can of drink for example, it shows the option to take it by pressing a key. As soon as you press the key, the option changes for a moment to take it into hands but it doesn't work. I think there should be two different options if you want to take something from the ground directly into your hands, or just to your inventory (tapping a key, or holding a key). I guess that's kind of what you're referring to here.

1 hour ago, cirkular said:

Since this is a first person shooter... first... then actions need to be taken quickly. The magazine change was a bit complicated from the beginning, now it's really good. But it can be even more complicated with another option :)

If you have only one magazine being one in your weapon, and you need to reload it, the weapon doesn't have to be holstered, meaning going on your back or to the inventory. If you can have a weapon on your back, the common sense is that you have some kind of weapon sling on it. It means it can hang around your neck so both of your hands are free to take out the magazine and to reach for the bullets in your pockets. The devs have already looked into least possible inventory fiddling to make the actions quicker using hotbars which is awesome.

I agree with this. My guess is that this is something kind of on its way. When you aim to pick up a can of drink for example, it shows the option to take it by pressing a key. As soon as you press the key, the option changes for a moment to take it into hands but it doesn't work. I think there should be two different options if you want to take something from the ground directly into your hands, or just to your inventory (tapping a key, or holding a key). I guess that's kind of what you're referring to here.

Right. :)

Regarding your answer to my first suggestion: The thing is when you only have one magazine you are forced to go to your inventory to detach it, because you cannot detach it by holding down the corresponding key in your hotbar.

Edited by Gauk3y

Well, another suggestion then... tapping R is for cocking the gun anyway, so hold R to release the empty mag into hands voila haha

On 19.5.2018 at 11:07 PM, cirkular said:

This:

Click F --> take item and store in inventory (if you already have an item in your hands then remove to inventory)

Hold F --> take item in your Handslot (if you have already an item in your Hand then: If its a Hotbaritem then goes this to the inventoryplace. If its an new/another item then let it place on the ground.)

So you can with "Hold F" take items in your hand and place at the ground.

(So its possible to make a fire only with a Knife in our Hotbar... an you need never switch to the Inventory tab).

I think changing clothes is one thing that often happens at the beginning of the game ... once you have clothes that you like well and good, it's better to be on the safe side. (And changing clothes really takes a little longer ... luckily we do not have to pay attention to the size of the clothes).