Sign in to follow this  
ConzarTV

Adrenaline sate for .63!

I played stress test last night for about 4 hours and I got this idea that would be pretty cool imo. So when you're in PvP your character could enter an adrenaline state where you can sprint for longer distances. But the downfall will be that you hurt yourself but yet again don't feel it due to adrenaline, wear your character down, dehydrate and starve. Then when the adrenaline state wears off you have to spend exceptional amount of time to repair your character. But as a soft skill the longer your character is alive the more immune you come to this and adapt to the PvP environment.

There is no "PvP stance" in DayZ. Anyway, how would you determine what's PvP? A bullet hitting you from 10m? From 200m? A bullet hitting a wall 1m behind you? Somebody shoots with a silencer at you from 100m? What if the target doesn't even know that he is being shot at? You shooting at somebody? How would the game know that you are shooting at somebody (and not hitting him)? Sorry, but it's rediculous. Further, there is already enough adrenaline when you are suddenly attacked when you've just picked up the last item for your desired gear (though it doesn't influence the avatar, of course)...

Edited by roguetrooper
  • Like 1

I mean its a complex idea I guess but saying its "rediculous" bit disrespectful as there could be some way around it. See it as a bar like stamina so... you hear gun shots raises a little closer you get and more shots it raises, how you control your character during X period could effect on how your characters status go up and down. But hey im not going to judge everyone can have their own opinion after all it is a forums

• Haha 1

Ho hum.  This idea again.  

The adrenaline mechanic happens in real life.  Please don't add another adrenaline mechanic to the game.

Also, suggestions usually go into the 'Suggestions' sub forum.

Edited by Parazight
  • Like 1