Tonight you guys are in for a treat! As we are approaching our Stress Test #10 we are going to have the servers up and running the entire night! 

Join the servers and report all the bugs to our feedback tracker at feedback.dayz.com

Had a sweet run on my server - Managed to escape with 3 lucky kills, nabbed some ammo and scooted out of town . Tried to explore some functions and found that sardine cans are not  able to open with a knife (kitchen,hunting) - Don't know if you need a can opener specifically but I could open beans with knives fine.

had a few zombies glitch through doors/walls - Mainly at Green Mountain Gate Building, Ran into some people at Vyshnoe and  had  some running on the spot moments but it sorted itself out fine. Tried out some animations and opening and closing doors - We found it is possible to "trap" people if they are prone behind a door, if they are in the radius of the swing it will slide them accordingly to its open position and sometimes you can get stuck. -  After that went on to get heavily looted (Hunting set - Camo Assualt Pack, AKM , MP5 with Silencer, Camo Bucket hat - plenty  of ammo) and started heading back to get into it, unfortunately I ran outta time :( - This is my third stress test so far and easily the most fun. Cannot wait till this can go live.

Only issue was zombies at GM glitching through the first building and the sardine can not  opening really. 

Looking forward to the next one.

22 minutes ago, Andrew Patterson said:

sardine cans

Was it not the round can but the sort of oval/square can?

I think you should be able to just open them, they have a key built in.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣

1 hour ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Tonight you guys are in for a treat! As we are approaching our Stress Test #10 we are going to have the servers up and running the entire night! 

Join the servers and report all the bugs to our feedback tracker at feedback.dayz.com

hooolllly poop pants! Can't wait to get stuck in.

I'm curious, If you can keep it going for an entire night... why not push to experimental? :-) Hopefully this means we are close!

4 minutes ago, Caatalyst said:

I'm curious, If you can keep it going for an entire night... why not push to experimental? :-) Hopefully this means we are close!

Because we don't know if we can, this is a test.

Yay! I was able to join a stress test server and play for about an hour and a half. No crash or bugs for me. Smooth and clean experience. Had to stop for the afternoon, and hoping I can come back later on! Cheers!! Good job overall!!

C9384E9CC025994F790217D114AA151635331105

Was looking for a beige baseball cap but haven't seen one yet... First thing I found was a white check shirt so it's a good sign!! :D 

Spawned in the woods on an overcast night, picked what I thought was North and set off jogging.

I found Krasnostav just as I became a little thirsty and was able to loot a large portion using stealth to avoid the infected.

After carrying a sledgehammer around I finally found an axe and took an infected down from behind without much trouble.

I went NW for a while after that through a very dark night, I don't like raising brightness over 60% personally and it made things seem spookier.

I found some interesting map features but I think I'll head back a bit South and see if I can do some infected killing.

Raymond Cho is a true survivor.

Oikj4RR.jpg

Leaving Krasnostav, Raymond finally finds an axe.

yNIGrPh.jpg

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣

1 hour ago, Nearlyepic said:

Unable to connect to any servers. Just says charcater is locked in database.

Then switch characters. Where it says "survivor" or "character" press the left arrow and switch characters. 

It fixed it for me. I customized multiple characters and when 1 is "stuck" (locked in database) I switch to another one. 

You can customize characters and change names, everything's working fine for me.

55 minutes ago, philbur said:

Brightness

Equals

A

Night

Squandered

Oddly enough, I haven't fixed the settings on my monitor again yet and even with brightness at 90 it was really dark. Has anyone else had trouble shooting infected? I was in Zeleno and tried to shoot an infected with a IZH rifle, and a AKM with silencer while holding the hold breath button (does it work correctly yet?) and the shots missed even though I had it lined up even at close range. The only time I was able to hit with the AKM was when I held the fire button down and fired multiple shots and even then it seemed as if some of the shots didn't register correctly.

1 hour ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Has anyone else had trouble shooting infected?

I had some shots that did not seem to register.

Part of what is being tested is infected desynch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I did meet up with @Girth Brooks and we stomped around pummeling infected and causing shenanigans.

This new building is large but contained only a can of bacon.

iOzIR3B.jpg

Finally, dawn....

Ht5v0RP.jpg

Small stones do exist.

0V3kM4y.jpg

We tracked some rather loud survivors and eventually had them in our sites from here. I think we gave them a good scare before scooting back along the ridge line.

MtASKSo.jpg

Morning melee.

zMS8tja.jpg

One more inventory related crash and some kind frame drops/hitching of the game which may be mostly when I am entering a new large area and areas with infected. I like the stamina concept and look forward to the weights of items getting tweaked. Too many things are simply "2kg". Jogging makes the map feel larger and makes you consider your gear more carefully.

I haven't found a compass but have not had too much trouble navigating either. It was nice to chat with some of the old experimental crew again, (Thurman, IMT, Brooks). Hopefully we will have a worthy experimental candidate soon!

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣

Great that you were able to put the servers up all night, so I was finally able to check out gameplay with other survivors. I've met a couple of them. Anyway, works smoothly until I get a totally random crash. No idea.

Just spent 2 hours in the game, 

Is the leather jacket now water proof?

The darkness is fantastic. Love how you make it a bit more visible as lighting strikes then make it way darker when the lightning ends as your eyes have to adjust.

Same for the houses, pitch black when you enter but if about 5-10 seconds your eyes adjust and you can see a bit. If it is ocuppied you would already be dead..

Can you z buffer the lightning so it shows the silhouette of the hills in that direction? I was lost for about 45 minutes, Logged out still lost. Great fun.

Well done.

Well that was a fun night. About 2-3 hours. One "Connection lost", when i was alt tabbed. I think the server crashed (SWE 1-2 ). Other then that no problems. Must be close to experimental. :)
It was night time when i logged in, raining. Damn the darkness was nice. I was so lost at first. I had no idea where i was. Only other player i met tried to kill me from behind with a hammer. I turned and killed him with hatchet. After that only infected with their silly noises and clunky movement. It's the best Dayz we've had so far. offtopic... The Forest went for 1.0 after 4 years. It will be 5 years in early acces at the end of this year for Dayz. I wan't to believe. Oh and it was nice to see most servers high/full in stress test #10.