Sign in to follow this  
Parazight

Search Pockets function

For beta and beyond, It sure would be nice to have a universal command while navigating/looting that let the players empty the contents of a container without having to go into the inventory interface.  When I'm looting, I like to keep an eye out for what else is going on around me.  Going into the inventory in order to separate (beans) from a found (hoodie) seems clunky.  In real life you could probably empty the contents of a piece of clothing without even looking at it.  Just feeling around.  You can easily empty contents while focusing your attention to what's going on around you.

So, a thought... having a channeled action (much like eating or chopping wood) that would remove items from containers and then place the items on the ground next to, or on top of those containers, would be great.

Thoughts?

• Beans 5

Do I understand correctly?

F for "take object" if it is empty and an option like "Hold LMB" for "browsing content" if there is one inside? The content is then next to the browsed "main object".

Sound nice.

• Beans 1

Yes indeed and i would say pockets should be quicker to access than your backpack thus placing emphasis on particular items.

This would add alot to immersion simply by being more ingame 3d and less inventory 2d. This is what I understand the devs have intended with adding the ui-popups next to items and the simplified interaction with items, so your suggestion would play right into that. You have my Beanz, sir!