Sign in to follow this  
benets

Infected types/instances

Could have some different types of spawn. Like some infected could be on the ground hibernating and only wakes up if a players pass near it. Should be like a dead zombie so players thinks its dead. Could be inside a car and get out if you pass near it. Buildings.
Some could be eating something on the ground instead just wandering.

• Beans 3

To the same topic, since dayz is not really scary or chilling ( besides firefights ) there could be some powerful "stalker" infected that appears near you when you least expect it, pretty much like jumpscares. 

Their type would be like humans who reacted totally different to the virus or whatever and they became more like on the primal level and their role would be basically watching you and creeping you out from time to time ( they should spawn rarely and maybe in forests/small towns only ), but once you spot it ( camera facing them ) they should start slowly walking towards you, ofcourse there should be a reason to be afraid of them, so if you try to kill them then you're pretty much screwed lets say killing them or hiting them would trigger another spawn of them that will try to KoS you with some bow or other improvised weapon, same if you come too close - they will attack.

I hate the idea of infected types, but I love the idea of them being in different idle states. Some of them should just be sitting in the street, some wandering around aimlessly, others lying on the floor inside houses, stuff like that. I'm not a fan of them just being scattered randomly outside, just wandering about.

@exacomvm This would be great for modding but as for the vanilla experience i think the only "infected types" should just be variation with their damage and health. Some randomly taking 3 556 hits to the chest or 6 or some going down instantly. Some move faster or slower, some do more damage or have different attack types (arm flails, charge tackles, biting etc)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DannyDog said:

Some randomly taking 3 556 hits to the chest......

LOL, and you die because of dehydration, like hit number 3541 ^^

Just now, Sqeezorz said:

LOL, and you die because of dehydration, like hit number 3541 ^^

LOL good one brah.

On 5/16/2018 at 1:55 AM, BeefBacon said:

I hate the idea of infected types, but I love the idea of them being in different idle states. Some of them should just be sitting in the street, some wandering around aimlessly, others lying on the floor inside houses, stuff like that. I'm not a fan of them just being scattered randomly outside, just wandering about.

Yes indeed BB, The ones already asleep on the floor only wake up sometimes.. are they dead ? Give them a smack in the head too see and if you dont, always check your 6 if you are alone

On 5/16/2018 at 2:16 AM, DannyDog said:

@exacomvm This would be great for modding but as for the vanilla experience i think the only "infected types" should just be variation with their damage and health. Some randomly taking 3 556 hits to the chest or 6 or some going down instantly. Some move faster or slower, some do more damage or have different attack types (arm flails, charge tackles, biting etc)

Yess DD I hope so. Deaf and or blind infected also. A possible, subtle, visual indication of this could be stained blood streaming from eyes/ears on the head.