Sign in to follow this  
INomadZ

500 + Infected "Stress Test" on my PC - Single Player Offline Unofficial Mode

I spawned over 500 Infected to see what happens. MY PC could handle 500 ok with 25-30 fps. But when it was over 500, close to 600, my FPS dropped down to 10 fps.

My 2017 PC Specs:
- Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2 GHz
- GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
- 16GB DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz
- 500GB Internal SSD

More Info in the video below:

• Beans 2

Interesting.. if they were spread across the map I guess performance would be different. The mod never realy had more than 500- 600 spawned at one time. I mean lets be honest we want to see 1,000s of these ugly bastards everywhere one day.

Cherno alone should have 500 ^_______^

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

I did similar test just with characters, but seems like since u're the Host u lose performance e.g. if you would travel to another side of map, u still would have big fps loss even ur CPU/GPU doesn't render the zombies anymore visually ( but seems like CPU still does the calculations for the AI being there, also explains why slight increase in the number makes ur go down more than 2x probs due to CPU or mby RAM bottleneck ).
So if you was on a server with these 500+ zombies, i guess u would have alot better fps there.

I've placed around 120 players with random gear in one small region, teleported like 10km away and i had ~30fps where i was supposed to have over 100 if the players was not spawned.

Edited by exacomvm
  • Like 1

On 5/11/2018 at 1:40 PM, exacomvm said:

I did similar test just with characters, but seems like since u're the Host u lose performance e.g. if you would travel to another side of map, u still would have big fps loss even ur CPU/GPU doesn't render the zombies anymore visually ( but seems like CPU still does the calculations for the AI being there, also explains why slight increase in the number makes ur go down more than 2x probs due to CPU or mby RAM bottleneck ).
So if you was on a server with these 500+ zombies, i guess u would have alot better fps there.

I've placed around 120 players with random gear in one small region, teleported like 10km away and i had ~30fps where i was supposed to have over 100 if the players was not spawned.

I thought DayZ Standalone already had AI spawn radius, maybe something else is using all the CPU/GPU? I think a very well setup server can handle 500 or more AI (infected & animals) plus 100 players. Maybe not... o.O

On 5/10/2018 at 6:02 PM, liquidcactus said:

Interesting.. if they were spread across the map I guess performance would be different. The mod never realy had more than 500- 600 spawned at one time. I mean lets be honest we want to see 1,000s of these ugly bastards everywhere one day.

Cherno alone should have 500 ^_______^

I'll try to spread them around the map and see what happens. There are also animals on top of it. I wish they did Infected Stress Test server, maybe they already know how it works.

7 hours ago, NomadZGaming said:

I thought DayZ Standalone already had AI spawn radius, maybe something else is using all the CPU/GPU? I think a very well setup server can handle 500 or more AI (infected & animals) plus 100 players. Maybe not... o.O

Thing is that if you spawn them using the dev tools/commands they stay there where you spawned them ( they walk etc even if you dont see them and its being computed by some of ur PC hw, most likely CPU in short: you are running DayZ server and playing it using the same PC  ). 
So technically if server will be running on decent PC such as dual Xeon, it should handle over 1000 or even 5000 zombies, and you would lose fps only if you see these hundreds of zombies when playing on separate PC ( since it would go hard on ur CPU/GPU, but the AI and everything would be computed by servers PC ), but if you're away from them it should be like they're not even there. In case if the servers PC starts to struggle, everyone on the server should have fps loss too ( same as server would be running on crappy PC ).

Atleast thats how i understand it works.

Edited by exacomvm
  • Beans 1

14 hours ago, exacomvm said:

Thing is that if you spawn them using the dev tools/commands they stay there where you spawned them ( they walk etc even if you dont see them and its being computed by some of ur PC hw, most likely CPU in short: you are running DayZ server and playing it using the same PC  ). 
So technically if server will be running on decent PC such as dual Xeon, it should handle over 1000 or even 5000 zombies, and you would lose fps only if you see these hundreds of zombies when playing on separate PC ( since it would go hard on ur CPU/GPU, but the AI and everything would be computed by servers PC ), but if you're away from them it should be like they're not even there. In case if the servers PC starts to struggle, everyone on the server should have fps loss too ( same as server would be running on crappy PC ).

Atleast thats how i understand it works.

I assumed that my PC wouldn't process all the AI if they are in NWAF and I'm in Solnichni. But yeah, my PC is acting as a host and I'm playing a game on it, plus recording in native resolution!

• Like 1