Irish.

.63.. Some changes are for the worse.

4 hours ago, -Gews- said:

The reason given for removing accuracy variable is that dispersion is "over the top" which, when it is kept to realistic levels, is demonstrably untrue (six years of DayZ say hi, for one).

I'd love a large batch of whatever they're smoking over there at HQ.

I kinda feel like I've been a pretty patient guy when it comes to this project. If this is the kind of decision making we're gonna have to deal with from here on out....ugh. 

On a related note, well done universe. You've accomplished the impossible. I miss Hicks.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 2

On 9.5.2018 at 6:03 PM, odin_lowe said:

I really enjoy the new stamina system. If you want more defense (clothes, press vest, anti-stab vest, vests in general) then since they are heavy you get a reduction to sprint, and the more weight you have the less stamina you have. This is simple, yet efficient and authentic. I feel it's a good way to cancel the "power COD" style of double carrying with hundreds of rounds.

Even the reloading mechanic is great imo. It's no that different from 0.62, or maybe I played too much or had a similar style, as I used to put mags in my action bar to change them and it's the same with 0.63, so I don't see the problem. Even reloading mags with the action bar is more fun, and less "cheat" like than it was. I mean come on, full infinite sprint while you go into the inventory, empty ammo box and fill mags in an instant?!?! Nope, not for me. I never really liked that.

I agree on this. All good stuff.

On 9.5.2018 at 6:03 PM, odin_lowe said:

The only thing that bothers me is the ADS, and it's a known "issue" right now, if you've read the status report.

I miss also dispersion.

I miss also this part. "In the previous version .62, bullets were always fired out in the direction of a barrel of a gun"

https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/8iayfd/i_peter_responds_to_change_of_point_shooting/
"Gunplay is critical to DayZ..."
I agree on this. Luckily you have experts for this (arma). I suggest to use them.

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, ImageCtrl said:

I agree on this. All good stuff.

I miss also dispersion.

I miss also this part. "In the previous version .62, bullets were always fired out in the direction of a barrel of a gun"

https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/8iayfd/i_peter_responds_to_change_of_point_shooting/
"Gunplay is critical to DayZ..."
I agree on this. Luckily you have experts for this (arma). I suggest to use them.

wait, does this mean the shots dont come out of the gun barrel anymore?

i mean, as long as the shots still can't be shot from the eyes, i am all for minimizing complex system to make the game less buggy and faster overall, but this introduces the problem of people peeking around corners without a visible gun and shooting you...

also, since in the real world things like lead residue and rust can decrease the precision of guns (thanks for explaining that one emuthreat and gews) i want a rifle upgrade (for example from mosin to M24) to be meaningfull besides a higher caliber round or higher bullet speed... thats what i absolutely loved the M24 in the mod and used that instead of the DMR every time unless i got my hands on an NVG and M16A4

so basically... i would love for the bullets to actually leave my barrel and for the guns to have a spread, and i hope those will be in the Standalone at some point after 0.63

however, the new character controller and overall better feel of 0.63 makes me want to play 0.63 with or without realistic gun mechanics asap, and the old dispersion system always felt wrong and way overtuned for me

Edited by ZomboWTF

3 hours ago, ZomboWTF said:

<< Projectiles are still fired from the gun, it doesn’t allow you to shoot around corners, cover or from any advantageous positions at all, we didn’t change how external and internal ballistics works, and there is still sway, recoil and zeroing applied to the trajectory of the projectile fired during point shooting. >>  -   that's what the dude says - your link, last paragraph.

• Beans 1

On 29.5.2018 at 8:50 PM, pilgrim* said:

<< Projectiles are still fired from the gun, it doesn’t allow you to shoot around corners, cover or from any advantageous positions at all, we didn’t change how external and internal ballistics works, and there is still sway, recoil and zeroing applied to the trajectory of the projectile fired during point shooting. >>  -   that's what the dude says - your link, last paragraph.

One thing less to woryy about, thanks for posting this here

• Beans 1

I am beginning to suspect that weapon dispersion will only work when using a weapon WITH scope. Other influences such as sway, distances can be reduced with "hold breath" and exact zeroing, and the dispersion will also be effective at these distances, because a head is more than one pixel wide on the screen.

On 6/9/2018 at 9:11 AM, Sqeezorz said:

I am beginning to suspect that weapon dispersion will only work when using a weapon WITH scope. Other influences such as sway, distances can be reduced with "hold breath" and exact zeroing, and the dispersion will also be effective at these distances, because a head is more than one pixel wide on the screen.

They just confirmed in the new SR that they are working on it currently.. it should be back, the way it was.. maybe slightly improved after some testing?

lol.. well see. :P

• Beans 1