Baty Alquawen

Status Report - May 8, 2018

No dispersion ? I thought this was a realistic survival game .... I really hope the dayz devs don’t keep surprising us with these unnecessary changes (they already changed our toggle ADS right click for no reason , why not take out more good features ?). 

Stop while youre ahead dayz dev team noobies , we appreciate you trying to make yourself useful but damn don’t make our game a typical shoot em up .

• Beans 1

Could be they want it a bit more simple than ArmA mechanics, I don't know. I like dispersion, but someone could mod it in. Or even go further and add barrel heat to the equation. First shot will be dead on, all shots afterwards will not be unless compensated for. But that is an extreme real world condition. Coriolis effect for example. It's not in the base A3 game but people modded it in. 

• Beans 1

@Peter (DayZ) , what is wrong with you and your hate to the “togglability” ? and I don't know from where you are taking that conclusive feedback , it is more healthy for the hand to NOT HOLD a click to do an action.

Give the players the options to use hold or toggle for anything , providing options is the way to make a professional product.

Copy the aim mechanism from Arma 3 and don't over do the simple things , it's a game after all and even IRL aiming is a fluent and easy move and require a minimum effort , even at 0.62 it's perfect and just because you want to use "space" to jump or climb that doesn't mean you ruin an action as simple as rise>aim>fire 

I don't know what the "X" is used for in 0.63 but it can used to select fire mode.

V for jump as in 0.62

space for "rise" > R-click for ADS > L-click to fire .... all as a toggle it's more natural and easy , you might hate toggle then fine make it as an option.

12 hours ago, -Gews- said:

Dispersion is not 'random nonsense'. Random nonsense is the original dispersion at alpha release, which was sometimes measured in feet.

Most dispersion values are now settled into the acceptable realm. For rifles in DayZ it's between 2"-6" at 100 yards. It can be worked on—a modern bolt-action hunting rifle should be between 1-2 inches at 100 yards for the average 3-5 shot group using basic hunting ammunition.

It should not be a difficult task to make dispersion work once more. This is important for any semblance of weapon realism and it will be important for mods—would not like to have run scripts for something that basic!

+1  so don't dump down and downgrade the PC version for the sake of console , make them separate and remember because of PC early access dayz SA exist so don't ruin it.

As much as I love DayZ, having to hold right click to raise weapon would be game over for me.  The same goes for bullets not following the guns direction.  I cannot believe that after 4 years this is a thing, I am totally baffled.

I feel that these 2 things, along with no dispersion, are a step backwards.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Played the 0.63 for the first time (offline). You need any default key configuration suggestions? Changed those instantly to what I've been used to since Arma 2 and beginning of Arma 3.

Farewell Brian. Thanks for everything! See you in Chernarus!

Looking forward to experimental. A lot of tweaks are needed, but keep it up devs, we're getting there!

For spread I have this idea : The cross-hair should disappear while not rising the weapon and when rise the weapon the cross-hair should be dynamic that expand when moving and go smaller while move slower and be the smallest when in prone position.

Edited by Raptor81
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Raptor81 said:

space for "rise" > R-click for ADS > L-click to fire .... all as a toggle it's more natural and easy , you might hate toggle then fine make it as an option.

I agree with this. Game played good with that. Please revert back to this.

I used space tap for raise weapon or lower weapon from the beginning, but some time ago when .62 came out, I changed that to hold space for holding raised weapon and releasing space would lower the weapon. Made much more sense with running and gunning. Now, with these changes, I just made one right mouse click to get into ADS, click again to get out of it. Holding left CTRL would hold breath for that precision far shot. It's not really a piano-stretch since I wouldn't be moving much in that moment anyway.

22 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I was so confused when this became apparent.

I took it for granted that I would be able to bind any key to any action from the very start.

I would also like to see double tap recognized as a binding for any action. Like double tap left arrow key, or double tap right arrow key to lean.

If they manage to get this sorted I will immediately post to this forum my sincere apologies for anything and everything negative I have ever said to anyone .....anywhere..... (trust me....that's going to take a LOT of typing!) ;-P

22 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I was so confused when this became apparent.

I took it for granted that I would be able to bind any key to any action from the very start.

I would also like to see double tap recognized as a binding for any action. Like double tap left arrow key, or double tap right arrow key to lean.

Sign me up!

Where do I pay the extra 10 bucks for this?

5 hours ago, Raptor81 said:

For spread I have this idea : The cross-hair should disappear while not rising the weapon and when rise the weapon the cross-hair should be dynamic that expand when moving and go smaller while move slower and be the smallest when in prone position.

I love how every time i pick up a gun in real life and raise it a small crosshair appears in the exact center or my vision and then changes size based on how i position my body to tell me how easy the shot will be....

They should get rid of crosshairs entirely for the sake of immersion.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

A few things I would like to see for vanilla...

1PP, forced

No crosshair, forced

Dispersion, balanced properly

Complete control of keybindings, standard

Backpack animations, making you stop to look into your bag on one knee 

3 days to death without water when completely sedentary

2 weeks without food when similarly sedentary

Increased chance to fail a task like using a fire kit (possibly wasting resources) when, hungry, injured, hot/cold, sick

Empty cans for cooking or trip wire alarm

Empty bottles for Molotov cocktails

Boat crafted from raw materials....

*sigh*

I'm still optimistic.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

22 hours ago, -Gews- said:

However, the Magnum has a dispersion of 0.006, and the Repeater is only 0.001. That's six times smaller spread! And if you calculate the probability of hitting objects within that spread, the advantage is even greater.

Ended up doing that. So for circular targets of diameter 0.5 m (represents torso) and 0.2 m (represents head) I get this:

Weapon: Repeater (dispersion = 0.001)

Target: 20 cm, circular (approximates head)
Chance of hit: 100% (range, 100 m)
Chance of hit: 77% (range, 200 m)

Target: 50 cm, circular (approximates torso)
Chance of hit: 100% (range, 100 m)
Chance of hit: 100% (range, 200 m)

Weapon: Magnum (dispersion = 0.006)

Target: 20 cm, circular (approximates head)
Chance of hit: 15% (range, 100 m)
Chance of hit: 4% (range, 200 m)

Target: 50 cm, circular (approximates torso)
Chance of hit: 64% (range, 100 m)
Chance of hit: 23% (range, 200 m)

----------

The mechanic has a big effect...

• Like 1
  • Beans 3

2 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

A few things I would like to see for vanilla...

1PP, forced

No crosshair, forced

Dispersion, balanced properly

Complete control of keybindings, standard

Backpack animations, making you stop to look into your bag on one knee 

3 days to death without water when completely sedentary

2 weeks without food when similarly sedentary

Increased chance to fail a task like using a fire kit (possibly wasting resources) when, hungry, injured, hot/cold, sick

Empty cans for cooking or trip wire alarm

Empty bottles for Molotov cocktails

Boat crafted from raw materials....

*sigh*

I'm still optimistic.

3 days to death without water and two weeks without food is quite tricky one.
in vanilla servers there shoud be some standard day to night cycle.
if its like real time,i can see game quite booring.
for me the best time cycle has been always like when im playing,i play usually 3-5 hours...i like to see day and night in that time scale.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Will the new bullet to fixed crosshair system mean that people playing on a server with crosshairs off can cheat and use an overlay (physical or monitor/software)?

• Beans 2

Making forced 1pp totally disagree with, those who play 1pp play 1pp servers and 3rd person play 3rd person servers. u dont like to play 3rd person then play 1pp servers, simples. give people the choice on how they want to play. Personally when i play i use 3rd person when just bimbling around and then when it kicks off i switch to 1pp

• Like 1

5 hours ago, donkennedy01 said:

Making forced 1pp totally disagree with, those who play 1pp play 1pp servers and 3rd person play 3rd person servers. u dont like to play 3rd person then play 1pp servers, simples. give people the choice on how they want to play. Personally when i play i use 3rd person when just bimbling around and then when it kicks off i switch to 1pp

I just believe that vanilla DayZ should be played in 1pp.

3pp is a completely different game to me.

3pp also breaks immersion for me.

I know they won't likely make vanilla 100% 1pp, but I do know the devs agree with me on some level.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

14 hours ago, Corbit said:

Will the new bullet to fixed crosshair system mean that people playing on a server with crosshairs off can cheat and use an overlay (physical or monitor/software)?

Just like with VoIP and Teamspeak, buddy.

• Beans 1

31 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I know they won't likely make vanilla 100% 1pp, but I do know the devs agree with me on some level.

I agree that's two different games there which I think is great. I like both, sometimes I play 1pp only, sometimes I liked to relax with 1pp/3pp servers :D

I'm sure there's plenty of people that like 1pp only, so there should still be plenty of servers to play like that. Never had a problem finding those in the past.

@FunkInYourTrunk

As far as crosshair, what's immersion braking is the fact that we're playing a game on a screen :D There's nothing like holding a real weapon and using your real vision and awareness to aim without ADS. Possibly VR could make up for some of that. But I liked the old arc shaped one which really did make up for that playing on the screen. For precise aiming, you have ADS and that's it.

Edited by cirkular
another reply

51 minutes ago, cirkular said:

But I liked the old arc shaped one which really did make up for that playing on the screen.

And how!

• Like 3
  • Beans 1

9 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Well, I agree and even more,

For me 3PP is legit cheating... DayZ tend to be a realistic game for me, but being able to see through walls....LOL
I'll never understand why people play like that...

I will always play on hardcore servers, no crosshair, 1PP only...

• Like 1
  • Beans 3

11 hours ago, cirkular said:

I agree that's two different games there which I think is great. I like both, sometimes I play 1pp only, sometimes I liked to relax with 1pp/3pp servers :D

I'm sure there's plenty of people that like 1pp only, so there should still be plenty of servers to play like that. Never had a problem finding those in the past.

@FunkInYourTrunk

As far as crosshair, what's immersion braking is the fact that we're playing a game on a screen :D There's nothing like holding a real weapon and using your real vision and awareness to aim without ADS. Possibly VR could make up for some of that. But I liked the old arc shaped one which really did make up for that playing on the screen. For precise aiming, you have ADS and that's it.

I get what ur saying.  But just because it isnt real life doesnt nean we shouldnt strive to have it as close as possible.  Having a crosshair does nothing other than increase ur ability to hipfire.  Adding this ease does nothing other than promote run and gun, pew pew squeekers.  Hipfiring should be a huge risk and a last resort.  If you are in a situation where u dont have time to raise your gun then you have made a mistake and should learn from that mistake next life.  Dont allow yourself to be backed into a corner and u shouldnt need a crosshair.

2 hours ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

I get what ur saying.  But just because it isnt real life doesnt nean we shouldnt strive to have it as close as possible.  Having a crosshair does nothing other than increase ur ability to hipfire.  Adding this ease does nothing other than promote run and gun, pew pew squeekers.  Hipfiring should be a huge risk and a last resort.  If you are in a situation where u dont have time to raise your gun then you have made a mistake and should learn from that mistake next life.  Dont allow yourself to be backed into a corner and u shouldnt need a crosshair.

I understand :)

Another thing I find a bit wrong is we have one same stance for "raised weapon" and ADS. That is obvious if you look at another character doing those two. I think it should actually be a hip-fire stance and I miss that with the characters appearance. So, in some situations is if you're holding your rifle as your character does down by your waist, maybe I wouldn't bother raising it at all. I agree it's way less precise but think about it. Especially after sprinting and out of breath trying to aim really could be a disaster. Just roughly pointing it towards danger to make one shot or spray some bullets might be quick enough and crucial. Or it could still not be good enough. It all depends on a situation. Sometimes, being real close to the enemy, the last resort could be shooting first. Sometimes it's running away or ducking for cover if there's any. Crosshairs or not, I still think hipfiring is not a no-no or useless. You might try as hard as you want to stay out of sight, you eventually could get backed into a corner, like you said. It's just that I wouldn't want to feel unable to react quick. You are not going against some animal prey, but against another player or several trying to flank you. Not just that. You could avoid being overrun by several of these infected, now that we have some kind of stamina system and getting stunned. Of course you'd try not to get caught by them and they're still kind of dumb and pretty lacking. They do have a strong swing :D

13 hours ago, -Gews- said:

And how!

Hahah yeah that's true, I get it :) how many actual shots did those take though?

Anyway I liked it, maybe because I got used to it. I still think they made it as a sort of a compromise because you don't have a complete from your hands feel on the direction of the barrel. And I'm talking about close up fighting. Just some visual clue on the screen. The way it works in distance too is unfortunate and can't really think of a workaround. I guess one could get used to aim with just the center of the screen is for example.