MaxKragen

Game says "Running" then shuts down

Pretty much it...just reinstalled from a layoff. It shuts down about 30-40 seconds after pressing 'PLAY' button. No error message, no hangs, just quits. I've reinstalled steam once and the game three times, checked integrity twice.

Thank you...Stumped.

Still no closer to solving this but I now see that I can play on stress test offline mode only. I can see servers in the list when I try to play online but cannot join. Any help would be appreciated.

Check here and you have the answer:

• Beans 1

Thank you Baty but I'm aware of all this. I was on break from the game, not the forums. ; )

My problem is here;

How to revert back to Stable Branch?

→ right click DayZ in your Steam Library
→ click Properties
→ click the Betas tab
→ in the drop down menu choose NONE = opt out of all beta programs and close the properties

→ play DayZ

This doesn't work for me, the game just shuts down about 30-40 seconds into loading.

Thanks again for your reply!

After leave the Beta-options... you need wait to reupdate the 0.62 version.

Steam lined up the Download ... but it can during some time.

(0.62 and 0.63 have changed Maps..thats the reason for big downloads)

• Beans 1

Ok please tell me I'm not crazy...yesterday when I looked at this, it was a post from Baty. Today it's from Sqeezorz? 

Anyway, thanks for the reply Sqeez but I'm already aware that you have to let it redownload the game after opting out of beta's. I have done this (and Steam goes through the process of downloading the new version) but the game still doesn't fire up. Again, it shuts down while loading up in Steam.

Thanks for stopping by!

• Haha 1

Thanks ImpulZ... I read the link but don't understand where to submit this information. Please forgive my ignorance and explain. I am not familiar with this type of activity at all. Thank you.

On 5/8/2018 at 12:09 PM, MaxKragen said:

Still no closer to solving this but I now see that I can play on stress test offline mode only. I can see servers in the list when I try to play online but cannot join. Any help would be appreciated.

Having the same issue :/