Sign in to follow this  
One Bad Mouse

How to get 0.63

Excuse my ignorance with this question. I've been following the game for a few years and decided yesterday to buy it. I was initially waiting for a full released, but I thought I'd give it a go as four years seems like enough to get a good chunk of it done. My question is how do I get 0.63, as that's the latest version right? Mine's on 0.62.

For a bit of feedback, I played for an hour last night and found it enjoyable. The movement seemed a little clunky, though that is probably just me getting used to play an FPS on the PC again. I absolutely love the notion of walking for ten minutes in the forest, it feels like it should do. You're wondering if there's something around the corner, and often there is. There's a little pang of excitement as you get to the building and find that there's something there (or not). I like the scope of the crafting etc. The undead are great enemies, perhaps not as much of a threat as they should be, but certainly something to avoid and something that alters navigation. I had one encounter with a real life human, that was quite terrifying, but he didn't kill me - just stood and watch from a short distance and then told me he'd been doing it. Keep up the good work!

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

Happy to hear you enjoyed your first visit to Chernarus.

For more information on the 0.63 visit this link, please keep in mind that this is a stress test only available during limited events and bugs/problems are to be expected.

• Like 1

As far as I know 0.62 is the stable Version. 0.63 is only available on the stress test Servers. So unless you want to participate in the stress Tests you have to wait for 0.63 to hit stable.

• Like 1

Thanks Impulz and Sarnar - I had read about the Stress Tests but assumed everyone was on the same code - that makes sense though. I'll have a little more exploration first and then maybe head over.

1 hour ago, Sarnar said:

As far as I know 0.62 is the stable Version. 0.63 is only available on the stress test Servers. So unless you want to participate in the stress Tests you have to wait for 0.63 to hit stable.

Not quite, there is always the offline mode. There is not much to do and your progress doesn't get saved but you can definitely check out the new features and changes.