Sign in to follow this  
Evilsausage

The Inventory is a mess.

I seriously hope something is gonna be done about the inventory 0.63. Feels worse then ever just because the items are so small. It i's pretty much impossible to see what is. 380 ammo and what is 7.62 ammo.
Its just a blure, and the weird grayish tone in the background makes it even worse...I'm sorry but this is just such a massive noob misstake. Even if it's not final, I just find it odd how something like this has gotten all the way to stress test. First feedback anyone with an experianced eye should have been able to say: "Hey this doesn't pop enough, lets do this instead..."

Another thing...I'm quite rusty in DayZ and I have played like 5 mins of the stress test...But the Inventory still feels very clunky. Logically you would think that if you have a magazine and you drag the right ammo to it. You would refill the mag....But nope that doesn't happen.
What am I missing? Tried to remove the mag from the pistol and load it that way. but that didn't work either.
I also don't understand the logic behind if you drag bullets to your gun. you put away your gun and put bullets in your hand. Sure it makes sense for other weapons. But when do you ever need to have bullets in your hand?

Edited by Evilsausage

To reload a magazine, you need to take a magazine and then drag bullet on it, and then press and hold RMB to fill it.

For the inventory, I agree. I'd like to see a change.

Copy Paste Escape from Tarkov inv: Problem solved.

1 hour ago, Evilsausage said:

Logically you would think that if you have a magazine and you drag the right ammo to it. You would refill the mag....But nope that doesn't happen.
What am I missing? Tried to remove the mag from the pistol and load it that way. but that didn't work either.

refill magazines:

1. have the mag in your hands slot.

2. now combine with ammo. the inventory should close.

3. you get the option to HOLD LMB to load rounds in the mag. you can cancel this by opening the inventory or switching the item in the hands

better way (works currently only with mags not loaded):

1. put mag and rounds on the hotbar

2. press mag hotkey

3. hold ammo hotkey

4. hold LMB to load ammo

alternative with ammo on the ground:

1. hold mag in hands

2. look at the ammo and hold f (actually not sure about the hold part)

3. hold LMB

no need to open your inventory:

1 hour ago, Evilsausage said:

I also don't understand the logic behind if you drag bullets to your gun. you put away your gun and put bullets in your hand. Sure it makes sense for other weapons. But when do you ever need to have bullets in your hand?

afair, you should have the options to "Swap" and "Combine" when dragging items to you hand slot.

idk what happens if your weapon has already has a round chambered, but if it swaps, even if you drag it onto "Combine", it's a probably bug and will be fixed.

Agreed about the inventory sizes and visual design.

And where's right-click to inspect, and other options? I liked spinning the models around.

2 hours ago, -Gews- said:

Agreed about the inventory sizes and visual design.

And where's right-click to inspect, and other options? I liked spinning the models around.

Middle click

If anything. Move away from giant screen obscuring inventories and do something more streamlined PLEASE. Moving crafting away from using the inventory is already a huge step forward. Now please continue making pressing TAB every 2 seconds redundant.

On 5/1/2018 at 4:14 PM, exacomvm said:

Copy Paste Escape from Tarkov inv: Problem solved.

True XD, I think the item images from 0.60 looked great!

Hopefully they add rotating items in the future.