Sign in to follow this  
Raptor97

0.63 zombies are GREAT!

Hi devs ! :)

I just wanted to tell that the infected are finally a thread to the survivors, I love how powerful they are in this build, pls keep going this way you made an amazing work on 0.63 ! <3

Almost everything is perfect as it is now and I'm so excited for the future of DayZ, going into the perfect way, *DayZ coming back with a BOOM*

Best wishes.

Raptor.

49 minutes ago, Raptor97 said:

Hi devs ! :)

I just wanted to tell that the infected are finally a thread to the survivors, I love how powerful they are in this build, pls keep going this way you made an amazing work on 0.63 ! <3

Almost everything is perfect as it is now and I'm so excited for the future of DayZ, going into the perfect way, *DayZ coming back with a BOOM*

Best wishes.

Raptor.

I LOVE it... i increased the zombies by 100% on single player made things so much more interesting also no performance hit so its going to be interesting to see how many they can have on a server..

100% More Zombies!!

https://clips.twitch.tv/BusyKitschyPigRalpherZ

Edited by ajearley
  • Like 1

I agree, they are going in the right direction. The amount of damage they do fits perfectly.  I do  hope they will increase the zombie count as well so that even zombies will create heart pounding moments!

• Like 1

Yeah guys, even more and we will be DONE lol :D that would be amazing!

Ok so I've been holding off .63 untill its been out a little while and it has an actual "decent" amount of zombies. I want to jump into .63 when its at a good point. So you guys seem to be pretty impressed ? i hope more footage of .63 zombies emerge.. 

11 hours ago, liquidcactus said:

Ok so I've been holding off .63 untill its been out a little while and it has an actual "decent" amount of zombies. I want to jump into .63 when its at a good point. So you guys seem to be pretty impressed ? i hope more footage of .63 zombies emerge.. 

The differences between 0.62 and the current stress test build is that the zombies kill you in like ~7 hits and can stun you. Moreover, with the implementation of stamina you cannot simply outrun them that easily anymore.

So just throwing my two cents in there regarding moving and doing things at the same time:

• Great, I love it!
  • I think it'd be great if the speed you are travelling effected how well you perform an action.
    • Jogging while drinking/eating > high chance to spill food/drink > get less hydration > BUT you finish the drink quicker.
    • Walking while drinking/eating > low chance for spillage > all the possible hydration/energy > takes longer to drink
    • Standing still while drinking/eating > NO spillage, etc.> takes less time to eat (maybe?) 
    • Jogging while loading ammo > high chance to drop bullets > longer to load time.
    • Walking while loading ammo >  low chance to drop a bullet > shorter load time.
    • Standing still  while loading ammo > NO chance to drop bullet > fastest load time.
  • You get the idea :) It opens up other possibilities for emergent game play - for example if there was a off chance to choke on your drink (causing loud coughing others can hear) if you eat/drink while running.
  • The amount of food/drink/ammo you lose (as well as the chance of loosing it in the first place) could also depend on what type it is - an apple for example should be pretty easy to eat at a slow jog, the same goes for water from a sports bottle. 

Why? Well, firstly I think that it is logical (some may say "realistic"). Secondly, It helps emphasise the survival aspect of the game by giving the players *another* reason to think about their every action. As it should be in a survival game IMO. It could be a little overkill, but I wouldn't mind a simple iteration of this just see how it played.

Edit: wow, obviously waaay too many tabs open... thought I was posting in offline testing mode for dayz thread :/ oh well haha

Edited by The Ghost of Hoik
  • Beans 1

On 29.4.2018 at 10:24 PM, ajearley said:

I LOVE it... i increased the zombies by 100% on single player made things so much more interesting also no performance hit so its going to be interesting to see how many they can have on a server..

100% More Zombies!!

https://clips.twitch.tv/BusyKitschyPigRalpherZ

how you increased it?