Yuval

Just checking in..

It's nearly the second half of 2018 and v1.0 is not even close. Let alone 0.63 stable, which is going to take months in experimental plus months in the new stress test build.

The so called BETA status report was over half a year ago.

Edited by Yuval
  • Confused 1

Sometimes I lose my patience aswell but it's all good as long as they make a great game. 

I don't know what they are lacking on, maybe developers, maybe other resources in order to speed up the process which is unlikely since DayZ had a lot of sold copies.

Personally I either think they're having a hard time fixing the issues or they do not have the team members to do it as fast as the community wants.

Let's give them time. #inbetawetrust

2 hours ago, SouthUS said:

Personally I either think they're having a hard time fixing the issues or they do not have the team members to do it as fast as the community wants.

Let's give them time. #inbetawetrust

Also considering its a new engine i guess its alot harder to solve these issues, because its still "unexplored" that well and troubleshooting is way harder that lets say you would have to do in older engines or well known engines such as Unreal + as i know all the best Bohemia Interactive employees left the team, so the team could be way weaker now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Yuval said:

It's nearly the second half of 2018 and v1.0 is not even close. Let alone 0.63 stable, which is going to take months in experimental plus months in the new stress test build.

The so called BETA status report was over half a year ago.

lol, dramaqueen bait

15 hours ago, exacomvm said:

Also considering its a new engine i guess its alot harder to solve these issues, because its still "unexplored" that well and troubleshooting is way harder that lets say you would have to do in older engines or well known engines such as Unreal + as i know all the best Bohemia Interactive employees left the team, so the team could be way weaker now.

Gahhh.... The, "It's the engine", excuse. They knew it when they began that the engine they wanted to use was going to be problematic and need a lot of changes to perform how they wanted. But they wanted to be unique and different so they just went with it. They could have used the same engine as ARMA III, and then tinker with changes, ect. But they went with the engine that would take the most work.

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, comikz said:

Gahhh.... The, "It's the engine", excuse. They knew it when they began that the engine they wanted to use was going to be problematic and need a lot of changes to perform how they wanted. But they wanted to be unique and different so they just went with it. They could have used the same engine as ARMA III, and then tinker with changes, ect. But they went with the engine that would take the most work.

Gahhh...  the "I know it all" argument, but you're wrong, dead wrong. They decided to go with a new engine because the Arma 2 engine (Real Virtuality 3) wasn't able to achieve what they wanted to achieve. Even going with the engine of Arma 3 (Real Virtuality 4), they wouldn't be able to achieve it. Most things in the mod were done by scripting and for the Standalone with scripting and changing the engine. Scripting is high level which means that performance will be bad compared to low level. And changing the engine constantly was also not pratical since it takes time and will probably affect performance as well. Also, when changing something in the engine they have to change a lot of other parts to make the new change work.

That's why they decided to go with a new engine because the RV engine was just not able to achieve what they want to achieve. The engine wasn't build for an apocalypse survival simulator but rather for a military simulator. A great example why the new engine is working is the renderer. Everyone had bad performance until the new renderer came along. The new renderer and even the whole engine is built to create a game with a setting like DayZ. Were they better off going for a new engine from the get-go? Definitely. But were they better off staying with the old engine or using the Arma 3 engine? Hell no! In the end, it would probably take as long as it took to build the new engine and we would end up with shitty performance and a game which is glued together. Now we're going to get a brand new game, the only resemblance is the setting and the idea behind the game.

I'm seriously sick of people who mouth off, thinking they know everything but in reality know nothing about what they're talking about.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

ArmA 4 is in development right now, and they are going to use the new tech that Dayz and its crew is pioneering now. I know ya'll like to think they did it just to piss ya'll off, as if they give two fucks about your precious feelings. It's business. Maybe use a search engine? Read up on a subject before the tears flow? 

3 hours ago, comikz said:

Everything in every development is problematic and needs troubleshooting/problem solving.
But i agree, DayZ devs uses the engine as excuse way too much. Also probs since its new engine the coders etc gets exhausted pretty fast due to various problems etc and goes into "lazy mode" and browses facebook or does something else instead, also as i know they dont get paid that much, so they also could lack motivation. If dayz made millions doesn't mean the devs got the millions, probs that money went to the CEO of bohemia and these employees gets standard monthly salary, no matter if they work hard or does bs.  ( unless DayZ team is like separate part in Bohemia and they get paid from DayZ, but then i bet they wanted to finish it ASAP and enjoy the $ ).

Edited by exacomvm

No need to check in - nothing to see here. DayZ backers financed BI's new engine they will use to sell us other stuff in the future. But DayZ itself is pretty much dead and I am quite sure that it will never recover. At least I don't see anything that could bring back many players.

Even in beta it won't be close to the old dayz mod feeling.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

From learning what others say, you learn to lie.

it's just a proverb, but what you do not know or know with certainty should stay in the "silence".

We will see the child until it is born, then we will know and see it.

Because even if we are the fathers of this child ... we only needed one click, the mother has a lot harder and longer.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sqeezorz said:

it's just a proverb, but what you do not know or know with certainty should stay in the "silence".

Because even if we are the fathers of this child ... we only needed one click, the mother has a lot harder and longer.

By your analogy we paid the "mother" 35$ for a child. Huh things are getting a bit clearer.

• Haha 1

Even those who claim to know what they are talking about don't actually know for sure 100% what they are talking about. Unless you develop the game or are in the business of knowing.. then nobody has the right to say whether any one is right, wrong or otherwise.

All I know for sure is this game has and is......... taking forever. I can easily sympathise with anyone who jumped the boat or are critical about DayZ. I'm sure I speak for most when I say we all want a good game to come of all this time we've spent following and waiting. Welcome back yuval.

• Beans 2

I would invite anyone to point to one past instance in which a game was released to the public, before deciding to put it on a completely different engine.  I'm not counting Star Citizen, because that is contemporary to Dayz development.

Yes, it was a mistake.  Yes hindsight is 20/20.  And yes, everyone knows these things already.

In the spirit of trying to be productive with my complaints, why can't we stick a banana in a holster yet?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, emuthreat said:

In the spirit of trying to be productive with my complaints, why can't we stick a banana in a holster yet?

Bigest Problem are the Map... on Namalsk works fine... but on Chernarus its realy not so easy (climatic influences, the bananas rotten to fast, now the devs search ways to self-cooled holsters).

DbSlKL2X0AEEWKY.jpg

• Beans 1

On 4/24/2018 at 5:32 AM, emuthreat said:

I would invite anyone to point to one past instance in which a game was released to the public, before deciding to put it on a completely different engine.  I'm not counting Star Citizen, because that is contemporary to Dayz development.

Yes, it was a mistake.  Yes hindsight is 20/20.  And yes, everyone knows these things already.

As if saying "my bad" makes everything okay. Blind fanboy, you are. Nothing the new engine does is innovative. There are tons of open source engines out there for reference. Besides that, ignoring my wide knowledge of game development - I don't care about the technicals, I want a game not excuses.

On 4/23/2018 at 9:32 PM, emuthreat said:

Diablo 3

I am extremely happy threads like this get the devs going. Be it the stress tests or my previous threads of modding which instigated status reports cover these topics. Mission accomplished, see you in 0.63 stress tests.

• Haha 2

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 1:21 PM, Sqeezorz said:

For the record, my wife and I have actually gotten married and produced two actual children since the SA was originally released.  My dream is that someday their children will get to play a finished version of DayZ.

I did log on last night, but given the low traffic on any server, it seems like Bohemia has made a great "last man on earth" simulator.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, bfisher said:

I did log on last night, but given the low traffic on any server, it seems like Bohemia has made a great "last man on earth" simulator.

Nobody wants to play .62 after testing out .63 xd

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

On 4/28/2018 at 5:52 AM, bfisher said:

For the record, my wife and I have actually gotten married and produced two actual children since the SA was originally released.  My dream is that someday their children will get to play a finished version of DayZ.

Nobody cares. 

On 4/27/2018 at 11:54 AM, bfisher said:

It helps flush the hackers out of the game. There's nobody left to hack... it's actually quite ingenious. They'll move along and spend money on hacking some other game and by the time the population comes back to DayZ it'll be smooth sailing. 

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:41 PM, forteantimes23 said:

Nobody cares. 

You cared enough to use one of your 16 posts on this message board.