Kye7

Want to buy the game but not sure If I can run it

Hi there sorry just wondering if I can run the game I have seen the system requirements and my PC is bellow the minimum but I was wondering with a little tweaking and playing around with settings and resolutions could I get the game to run decent ish. Because I really wanna buy it

Heres my PC

Core 2 Duo 8400 @3.00ghz

8GB of DDR3 RAM

64BIT

GTX 750 2GB

WINDOWS 10

unknown.png

I can run the game smooth at laptop with ^ these above ^ at 60(less and above sometimes.) fps on medium/high setts mostly. So I guess you should be fine buddy. 

Edited by Vernon_Price

Yeah, as you long as you don't max things out you should have a good enough gaming experience. Used to run it myself on an i5-750 @ 2.6Hhz, 8GB DDR3 RAM and GTX 650 on more or less medium settings.

Really don't want to say that, but being honest u can't run DayZ SA with this specs ( atleast to get smooth enough gameplay ).

Im pretty sure you will be with like 10fps at lowest settings in towns and max 40fps in open areas.

Even my i5-2320 struggles to run DayZ SA and your CPU has like one quarter power of mine.
Your GPU is also on the weak side ( pretty much equal to these new Ryzen iGPU such as Vega 11 ).
Used to play DayZ with R9 270, the fps was pretty low and not so smooth, after upgrading to 980Ti it made a massive difference to the point i could play on max settings almost 60fps everytime ( besides in bigger towns because my CPU bottlenecks instanly ).

Edited by exacomvm

I'm confused other people are saying I can run it?

30 minutes ago, Kye7 said:

I'm confused other people are saying I can run it?

expect around 35fps average with very strong fps drops in some cases.
PvP in towns could be near to impossible for you. atleast it was hard for me due to fps drops.

My specs was:
CPU:  i5-2320
GPU: ASUS R9 270
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance® Low Profile
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB
PSU: OCZ 650W

Edited by exacomvm

Damn really, what about on like ultra low w/ low resolution and tweaking some files like the cfg file and adding in some launch options, and maybe launching it through razor cortex  

3 minutes ago, Kye7 said:

Damn really, what about on like ultra low w/ low resolution and tweaking some files like the cfg file and adding in some launch options, and maybe launching it through razor cortex  

Honestly you can buy DayZ anyway or ask a friend to try it ( i think steam also lets u ask for refund before first 2 hours of gameplay ). I bet in future you will get better PC anyway.

Also softwares like Razer Cortex usually just does nothing ( it tries to turn off unnecessary stuff, sometimes its helpful if u have tons of stuff running in bg and lazy to do it manually ).

15 minutes ago, Kye7 said:

okay thanks will give it a try

Np, also if you could get around 180$ you can do an upgrade ( motherboard+cpu ) rest parts should be ok from ur current PC.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/INTEL-xeon-X5650-INTEL-X5650-CPU-SLBV3-Processor-2-66GHz-LGA1366-SCOKET-1366-server-CPU-P/32521495121.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.Td9Dll

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Desktop-Motherboard-Mainboard-For-X58-LGA-1366-DDR3-16GB-Support-ECC-RAM-2017-New-Arrival/32829291916.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.Td9Dll

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-quality-4PIN-CPU-cooler-115X-1366-2011-6-heatpipe-dual-tower-cooling-9cm-fan-support/32838876258.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.Td9Dll

There's ofcourse risk in these parts, because i believe it has no warranty, but it would solve your weak CPU issue, that xeon still performs well even on todays standards.

Edited by exacomvm

2 hours ago, exacomvm said:

Really don't want to say that, but being honest u can't run DayZ SA with this specs ( atleast to get smooth enough gameplay ).

Im pretty sure you will be with like 10fps at lowest settings in towns and max 40fps in open areas.

Even my i5-2320 struggles to run DayZ SA and your CPU has like one quarter power of mine.
Your GPU is also on the weak side ( pretty much equal to these new Ryzen iGPU such as Vega 11 ).
Used to play DayZ with R9 270, the fps was pretty low and not so smooth, after upgrading to 980Ti it made a massive difference to the point i could play on max settings almost 60fps everytime ( besides in bigger towns because my CPU bottlenecks instanly ).

I don't completely agree, with the specs I mentioned above I had around 27-35 fps in towns and up to 70 in open areas, but I did have an SSD. I can imagine performance will vary from system to system, my older system was actually holding up pretty well even only 6 months ago, running for instance Battlefield 1 fine on medium settings. Same with Rise of the Tombraider.

In Dayz I had clouds off, ambient occlusion off, shadows at low, low AA, I think high textures, anyway I had to play around with the settings  a little to find the right combo of performance and eye candy.

But more importantly, we will see a lot more optimization in the rest of this year which will probably make the game less demanding for older systems.

30 minutes ago, nl said:

I don't completely agree, with the specs I mentioned above I had around 27-35 fps in towns and up to 70 in open areas, but I did have an SSD. I can imagine performance will vary from system to system, my older system was actually holding up pretty well even only 6 months ago, running for instance Battlefield 1 fine on medium settings. Same with Rise of the Tombraider.

In Dayz I had clouds off, ambient occlusion off, shadows at low, low AA, I think high textures, anyway I had to play around with the settings  a little to find the right combo of performance and eye candy.

But more importantly, we will see a lot more optimization in the rest of this year which will probably make the game less demanding for older systems.

Well maybe that depends on ur standards and what you define by "runs", for example when i had the PC with the specs i've mentioned above, Rise of Tomb Raider was unplayable on lowest settings ( 20-30fps ),  Witcher 3 was also unplayable ( ~30-40fps on lowest in tutorial so imagine what it would've been in bigger towns ) but Battlefield 1 was fine ( in Beta so only 1 map tested ).

Keep in mind that the OP's CPU would perform roughly 90% slower than your i5-3210M and the fact that even ur i5 is not that good. For reference my i5-2320 is garbage in todays standards for gaming, but still faster by roughly 50-60% than urs.
Ofc 100% slower doesn't mean that it will be like 40fps instead of 80fps, but still major impact in various tasks and im sure his CPU bottlenecks the GTX 750 pretty heavily since CPU like that for todays games incl. DayZ is just not good enough.

Edited by exacomvm

36 minutes ago, exacomvm said:

Well maybe that depends on ur standards and what you define by "runs", for example when i had the PC with the specs i've mentioned above, Rise of Tomb Raider was unplayable on lowest settings ( 20-30fps ),  Witcher 3 was also unplayable ( ~30-40fps on lowest in tutorial so imagine what it would've been in bigger towns ) but Battlefield 1 was fine ( in Beta so only 1 map tested ).

Keep in mind that the OP's CPU would perform roughly 90% slower than your i5-3210M and the fact that even ur i5 is not that good. For reference my i5-2320 is garbage in todays standards for gaming, but still faster by roughly 50-60% than urs.
Ofc 100% slower doesn't mean that it will be like 40fps instead of 80fps, but still major impact in various tasks and im sure his CPU bottlenecks the GTX 750 pretty heavily since CPU like that for todays games incl. DayZ is just not good enough.

Maybe I'm wrong but Dayz uses only 1 core of the CPU? So I was thinking that his single core has a higher clockspeed than my i5 had, he has a "younger" GPU than I had (although I had a Ti - 4 GB VRAM) and the same amount of RAM, which is why I would assume he could play the game roughly with the same performance as I could. OP asked if he would be able to run the game "decent ish". But I agree it would maybe also depend oin what he wants from the game, I'm a PVE player myself, maybe the limitations would be more clear in PVP type play.

What are you thoughts on what further optimization may mean for performance?

2 hours ago, nl said:

Maybe I'm wrong but Dayz uses only 1 core of the CPU? So I was thinking that his single core has a higher clockspeed than my i5 had, he has a "younger" GPU than I had (although I had a Ti - 4 GB VRAM) and the same amount of RAM, which is why I would assume he could play the game roughly with the same performance as I could. OP asked if he would be able to run the game "decent ish". But I agree it would maybe also depend oin what he wants from the game, I'm a PVE player myself, maybe the limitations would be more clear in PVP type play.

What are you thoughts on what further optimization may mean for performance?

Just checked it and seems like it uses all cores ( but sticks for around 50% overall usage, which is weird but also doesn't seem like it utilizes only 2 cores because it also jumps over 60-80% sometimes )
V6JNL0j.jpg

About the performance i have no idea, depends what they will do.
In the Xbox there was clue for "locked doors", so removing some rooms from all these buildings could put alot less strain on the CPU and GPU combined especially in big towns ( in more linear games culling does the job by simply not rendering the geometry thats not visible but in DayZ i think its not the case, cause there's windows etc and u need to see interior/exterior from both sides ), so there could be some fps improvements and especially frametime improvements so the fps could be pretty much similar in any location of the map ( not like now in the open 120fps and in big towns 20-30fps :D with optimizations it would be more like 120 in open and 60ish in big towns ).

They probs also can remodel many stuff reducing the poly count and optimizing everything ( similar like these trees was introduced, looks 10 times better and more dense - no fps loss and that's great optimization in these new models ( previous tree models probs was poorly optimized ).

Server Side optimizations is confirmed, it can improve the performance too slighly ( i've noticed that sometimes in A server i have way more fps than in B server even the weather/time ingame is same and im in same location, same applies in some other games such as CS:GO ).

I don't know the reasons why my CPU is around 50%, GPU is barely 40% and i have crappy fps, not sure if the optimization for hardware is bad but im pretty sure that my GPU is being bottlenecked. ( current specs: 980Ti / 2x8GB RAM 1.33Ghz / i5-2320 3.3Ghz )

Thats all mostly guessing ofcourse, would be nice to hear details from the devs itself about their optimization plans and why current performance is not so great especially the weird utilization ( but not that bad either ).

Edited by exacomvm
  • Like 1

A SSD is highly recommended. Also because of the console port they will HAVE to optimize EVERYTHING to work on those potatoes. So it may run decently for you once its closer to launch.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2018 at 1:31 AM, Kye7 said:

Hi there sorry just wondering if I can run the game I have seen the system requirements and my PC is bellow the minimum but I was wondering with a little tweaking and playing around with settings and resolutions could I get the game to run decent ish. Because I really wanna buy it

Heres my PC

Core 2 Duo 8400 @3.00ghz

8GB of DDR3 RAM

64BIT

GTX 750 2GB

WINDOWS 10

You'll probably be able to run "decent ish" at .63 Stable.  Lower resolution and details.

Assuming your PSU is good enough, upgrade your GPU. 700 series is pushing minimum requirements. For a hundred fifty bucks, you could upgrade to 900 or 1000 series and get a real boost.

My cousin is running on a GTX750Ti but he has a quad core i5 and 16GB RAM. From my experience the game is not only GPU but CPU and Mem intensive. Maybe with the .63 build that will change, I hear that it is better optimized but I would still consider upgrading your system. Mobo, CPU and MEM. GPU can come later.