ktait82

Hotbar issues

Hi there, new player to DayZ, but is anyone else having issues with the hotbar??  I thought it was a simple drag and drop but whenever I hover an item over one of the hotbar boxes, it drops it in the vicinity. Any help would be appreciated. 

Cheers

Ok so this hotbar thing is pissing me off!! Not a good start

You dragging from inventory or from the ground?

If from the ground you have to drag it to your char/inventory first.

If not, all I got is that you're missing the box and that just makes me feel rude to suggest :P

Wherever I drag from as soon as I put it over the hotbar box below the in hands it just registers it as putting it in vicinity. It acts like there is no hotbar there..

And I've tried dragging from all angles.

Like I'm right ontop of the hotbar but it highlights vicinity. 

Hmm I can't say I have any other ideas. Haven't heard of anyone with that particular issue at all.
Just got to hope someone else comes a long with a better idea.

13 hours ago, ktait82 said:

Hi there, new player to DayZ, but is anyone else having issues with the hotbar??  I thought it was a simple drag and drop but whenever I hover an item over one of the hotbar boxes, it drops it in the vicinity. Any help would be appreciated. 

Cheers

the hot bar box, drag the gun or what ever into the box but don't let the gun touch the top or left side of the hot bar box leave a small space on top and left side of the box. see if that works it did for me.

• Thanks 1

Ok great thanks i will give that a try. I have tried everything else but whenever i hover an item over the hotbar its seems to register as it going into vicinity.

Thanks

green_mtn_grandbob Thanks for the help.. It worked!!!  This has made my DayZ experience a whole lot better. However there is like a 15 sec delay when changing items in the hotbar. Like if I have a gun out and press 4 for instance to change item,  it takes like 15 seconds to change. Is this normal? 

6 hours ago, ktait82 said:

green_mtn_grandbob Thanks for the help.. It worked!!!  This has made my DayZ experience a whole lot better. However there is like a 15 sec delay when changing items in the hotbar. Like if I have a gun out and press 4 for instance to change item,  it takes like 15 seconds to change. Is this normal? 

I don't know i never have had that problem, maybe some one  will help with this one.