Baty Alquawen

Status Report - 13 April 2018

34 minutes ago, Nebulae3 said:

Well that`s my point thousand of lines so you need to do a research to find information about this game just only for the last year in 2017, and why is death animation(s) not in and it suppose to be a beta? The amount of bugs I read including blockers remind me of a different version alpha, because they are using a new engine and codes which has bugs. A beta version@DannyDog of a game don`t involve too many visual bugs, blockers, and c

We're not in beta yet, so kinda makes sense.
First EXP version of 0.63 isn't the beta flip so to speak.

• Thanks 1

I`m glad you mention that @Gobbokirk - I hope they don`t label it as a beta, because people expectations of that stress test will go sky high, and many players who might come back for this game including old dayz players from 2014-15 would not understand the current state of the game in that particular public stress test in near future. 

It`s a good reason why the small map with code name; Savage in pubg is in closed test stage with keys, because the map is far from finished. I guess it`s to stress the net code and the amount of zombies and players they can have before it go unstable on their servers.  

Edited by Nebulae3

2 hours ago, Nebulae3 said:

Well that`s my point thousand of lines so you need to do a research to find information about this game just only for the last year in 2017, and why is death animation(s) not in and it suppose to be a beta?

Game isn't in beta yet dude. Like Gobbokirk said.

2 hours ago, Nebulae3 said:

I think part of the house design in this game is really narrow and bad in consider we live in 2018, if u look at western design concerning houses and buildings

Also there's your problem mate. Chernarus isn't set in 2018. It's not some modern day suburban land that you think. If you're not happy about the map you can always wait for map tools to make one yourself. Though i'm not saying its perfect and doesn't need any changing but what you're judging it on is entirely irrelevant.

Edited by DannyDog
  • Beans 1

25 minutes ago, Nebulae3 said:

I`m glad you mention that @Gobbokirk - I hope they don`t label it as a beta, because people expectations of that stress test will go sky high, and many players who might come back for this game including old dayz players from 2014-15 would not understand the current state of the game in that particular public stress test in near future. 

It`s a good reason why the small map with code name; Savage in pubg is in closed test stage with keys, because the map is far from finished. I guess it`s to stress the net code and the amount of zombies and players they can have before it go unstable on their servers.  

Its something that can't really be repeated enough :)
You can swear people will think everything planned to be added is supposed to be in the first build.
Can't force them to read unfortunately :)

• Beans 1

It reminds me of Arma 2 dayz mod. houses @DannyDog, but they open up a few buildings some years after that, but dayz dev. team should go away from 2012 version houses and redesign most of it in my opinion especially with a new engine and code - the style can still be 1970 if they wish without feeling u suffocate inside the old version police station to just mention 1 building set.

Just now, Nebulae3 said:

It reminds me of Arma 2 dayz mod. houses @DannyDog, but they open up a few buildings some years after that, but dayz dev. team should go away from 2012 version houses and redesign most of it in my opinion especially with a new engine and code - the style can still be 1970 if they wish without feeling u suffocate inside the old version police station to just mention 1 building set.

As far as I know its still planned with more texture upgrades, hopefully similar to what they did with the forests/roads.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gobbokirk said:

Its something that can't really be repeated enough :)
You can swear people will think everything planned to be added is supposed to be in the first build.
Can't force them to read unfortunately :)

Yes true, it does not matter what my opinion is in the larger picture of things, but I just hope they are successful I would dislike it if the game died, because I still have-had a lot of fun in this game after 3k hours. 

3 minutes ago, Gobbokirk said:

As far as I know its still planned with more texture upgrades, hopefully similar to what they did with the forests/roads.

Yes, I really enjoy the new map upgrades, and we will see rivers too in 0.63 - I`m looking forward to the new content for sure. 

• Beans 1

4 minutes ago, Nebulae3 said:

Yes true, it does not matter what my opinion is in the larger picture of things, but I just hope they are successful I would dislike it if the game died, because I still have-had a lot of fun in this game after 3k hours. 

That's what I think everyone agrees on, no matter if they have faith in project or not, we all want a good game to play :)

• Beans 2

The stress-test is not beta ... it's not even exp. 0.63. The stress-test is to bring the network structure and the new Core-Engine to the limits to test the foundation of the game. The stress test version will only contain time-critical elements and push them to the limit.

It is the ground on which the first 0.63 exp. part will start ... and beta will be only when 0.63 stable reached.

I hope as mentioned earlier that there are a few texture updates in the houses and assets .... but I understand that this has no priority ... because it is "make-up" and "make-up" you wear only on before you do that House leaves, so last.

• Beans 1

4 hours ago, Nebulae3 said:

I think part of the house design in this game is really narrow and bad

That's actually a symptom of reality. As anyone who has dabbled in level design will probably know - real life locations feel tiny. I remember making my house using semi-precise measurements years ago, and when I booted it up in-game it felt like a house for spaghetti people. I could barely fit through doorways and corridors. Videogames have to make rooms bigger to make them feel normal. Now you could argue that the devs should be keeping that in mind, but DayZ is grounded in authenticity. And of course Chernarus is some post-Soviet backwater, so cramped houses makes sense. I'm from the UK where we're all forced to live in shoe boxes (houses in the UK are some of the smallest in the developed world, on average) so maybe that's why it doesn't bother me as much.

• Beans 2

I was in London not too long ago; a really beautiful city though concerning design and art, but I understand what you mean @BeefBacon And I think there is room for improvement related to buildings if the houses have been empty for years, and some plants should start to grow on part of the wall sections due to zombie crisis years ago.  

46 minutes ago, Nebulae3 said:

I was in London not too long ago; a really beautiful city though concerning design and art, but I understand what you mean @BeefBacon And I think there is room for improvement related to buildings if the houses have been empty for years, and some plants should start to grow on part of the wall sections due to zombie crisis years ago.  

I believe the devs will be doing a "destruction pass" on the map at some point - generally making everything all run down. Assuming this isn't something I've made up in my head, it'll probably include a bit of overgrowth. I think that in the "lore" of DayZ, if such a term is even applicable, it's been a couple of years since the outbreak. As such, I don't think we'll get environments like The Last of Us (where it had been like 20 years or something), but it should still be an improvement.

• Beans 1

11 minutes ago, BeefBacon said:

I believe the devs will be doing a "destruction pass" on the map at some point - generally making everything all run down. Assuming this isn't something I've made up in my head, it'll probably include a bit of overgrowth. I think that in the "lore" of DayZ, if such a term is even applicable, it's been a couple of years since the outbreak. As such, I don't think we'll get environments like The Last of Us (where it had been like 20 years or something), but it should still be an improvement.

There are some Trello pictures of some of that yeah.

I'm so so so fu%£#g hyped :/

Can't waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait ! :)

Keep rockin'

• Beans 1

Just try not to overhype yourself. It's still just a first beta iteration.

I mean, it's better not to expect much and then get a nice surprise then the other way round.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to the new blood particles. Like to see people's clothes get bloody where the bullets actually impacted, with extending stains.

Like in the movie Rambo, I like to see blood on grass, allowing me to track dear and people.

Challenges and direction.

The one thing that worries me is that there are too few new things in this game compared to the original mod. Surely it's nice to see Dayz run nicely and fluidly on a better then ever looking engine, but I want to find and discover a new game, a new experiment. I can think of a few new challenges myself, but I like the game to challenge and award me for accomplishing special goals. One may think of the classic board game Risk, where you draw a card that gives you 2 possible goals to achieve. I think this is not too hard to implement, but it would help and stimulate players to focus on an interesting long(er) term goal, and actually direct players to explore different tactics, play styles, routes, locations, roles etc. Encouraging players to do more then the basic KOS and free for all death-match. When the player does complete a card's goal he may try for a higher level difficulty challenge card, giving him a more difficult task. Maybe completed cards unveil a cool image / abilities / treasure map.  Maybe they can be traded forming a currency?

Aimlessly walking around is boring, people often need direction and an interesting challenge to find fun.

Edited by Troll_Hunter
  • Like 1

In response to a Youtube video named: "DayZ did not just die, it was murdered." I wrote the following:
I think the new DayZ should offer a NEW experience, not just technical improvements. One such new experience could be a sort of voluntary 'quest' system, from which players can gain additional skills, making their lives more valuable. Quests can also stimulate new and young players to go beyond deathmatch into actually role playing. The New DayZ should offer something substantially more then the old mod which actually showed that hardcore survival is a viable genre.

What do you think?

Edited by Troll_Hunter
grammar

On 13.4.2018 at 9:32 PM, Baty Alquawen said:

Contrary to the original plan, you cannot use one device to transmit to another device. Like leave your personal radio nearby PAS broadcaster. The chains of devices that could be created using this feature could become very complex really fast. We would also need to constantly check all communication devices on the whole map to update these chains, which could get costly in terms of resources. But we'll try to keep this in mind and maybe this feature could make it to the game on some smaller scale

I guess this answers exactly @Conrad_The_Comrade's question...

On 14.4.2018 at 7:16 AM, Conrad_The_Comrade said:

So question, if we were to put a personal radio next to the PAS while both of them are on, can I talk through a personal radio and it have the audio play from another personal radio through the PAS?

... did you literally just stop reading when that question popped into your head? ;)

On 21.4.2018 at 11:55 PM, Troll_Hunter said:

In response to a Youtube video named: "DayZ did not just die, it was murdered." I wrote the following:
I think the new DayZ should offer a NEW experience, not just technical improvements. One such new experience could be a sort of voluntary 'quest' system, from which players can gain additional skills, making their lives more valuable. Quests can also stimulate new and young players to go beyond deathmatch into actually role playing. The New DayZ should offer something substantially more then the old mod which actually showed that hardcore survival is a viable genre.

What do you think?

Apart from the nonsensical timing of this suggestion - 5 minutes before the game is about to enter beta - i take some issue with suggestions like that.

I think we, the true DayZ community - not the whiners and Youtube-Clickbaiters, but the players, contributers and server owners - who have been either waiting since - or playing since - the end of 2013 deserve the Game we signed up for at that point. And not some watered down (or "buffed up") version.

I truly believe in the vision of the game the Dev team puts forward in the status reports and I am really, really looking forward to finally playing that vision with my own hands.

• Beans 1

Oh I'm sorry for sharing another suggestion at this 5 minutes to beta time, and my source of inspiration.

I too wish to play and see the team's vision of the game this year. You may not believe me but I too wish the game and the developers the best of success. I actually go out of my way to avoid being pessimistic, yet the few responses on this forum are usually belittling and give me the impression that my presence and contributions are not valued or even hated. You too could have formulated your words in a different way but you did not, and I think it's telling of part of the remaining forum lurkers. Do you only want people here who only reply with words of appreciation and amen? What kind of players / forum members do you want around?

Edited by Troll_Hunter
  • Beans 2

On 19/04/2018 at 10:08 AM, Blafirelli said:

Just try not to overhype yourself. It's still just a first beta iteration.

I mean, it's better not to expect much and then get a nice surprise then the other way round.

No need for that, I already know this is going to be huge :)

And dude, I'm a Bohemia fan since a looooooooooooooooooong time: I'm not afraid of bugs ;)

Even if they were releasing a 0.63 with just the new ladder climbing animation, I will be overhyped !!

So no... Believe me, i'm overhyped and I'll stay like that, thank you :P

On 4/23/2018 at 12:49 AM, themightylc said:

I guess this answers exactly @Conrad_The_Comrade's question...

... did you literally just stop reading when that question popped into your head? ;)

I swear I read it all xD I'm just dumb and somehow skipped right over that

• Like 1